• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destroy All Humans! (2020) - The Invasion Is On July 28!

Just to add to my previous post, official confirmation:

THQ-Nordic-PAX-East-2020_02-26-20.jpg

The game will be playable. Not sure if that also means we will get a new trailer with or without an attached release date, but keep an eye out!

Last edited:
It looks like they brought the same gameplay demo of the first mission in the game from last year to PAX East but I did see one of the fan pages on Twitter make another visual comparison:

ER-N8-WW4AAK242

ER-N8-bW4AENPPJ

You can also register to playtest the demo on March 6th for the PC PC here:

DonJorginho

Banned
Did they re-record the audio? I thought it was just going to be the original. They did update the graphics too. But the person playing the new build kind of sucks.

It seems like some things are remastered and re-recorded, where as other things like dialogue are just the old audio with no adjustments or mixing so they just sound kinda suspect with the buzzy audio and how it isn't clear.

Maybe it is just my ears due to me always mixing music lol!

And yeah they really suck lol.

It seems like some things are remastered and re-recorded, where as other things like dialogue are just the old audio with no adjustments or mixing so they just sound kinda suspect with the buzzy audio and how it isn't clear.

Maybe it is just my ears due to me always mixing music lol!

And yeah they really suck lol.
Hopefully they're remastering all of the audio and this build just has some clips they've yet to get around to.

One thing I don't really understand is why the OT was made so far before the actual release. I'm excited nontheless.

why is that such a problem with OTs? Why was the Doom Eternal one shut down? It was solid OT. Does it really matter when they get posted? It’s 2020. Maybe relax on stuff like that?

Or am I blasphemous?

Pansy

This game made me laugh my ass off when I was younger--even if I didn't understand some of the wonderfully brilliant satire until I was older. I'm hyped!!

Hmm. So they increased the contrast, added bloom lighting and more detail. It looks better in some ways, mostly the extra detail to the environment, worse in others such as the lights from the saucer being too bright, in my opinion. I noticed some screen-tearing in the beginning but that will probably be fixed when they further optimize the game in time for its launch.

Last edited:

Larxia

I really like the look of the game, even back then with the original I remember seeing pictures of it and thinking the atmosphere looked really nice.
It must be great to just explore these areas and goof around in them, but I'd really hate playing with a character this ugly all the time, it's actually even quite a turn off for me :messenger_neutral:

Dr.Morris79

I really like the look of the game, even back then with the original I remember seeing pictures of it and thinking the atmosphere looked really nice.
It must be great to just explore these areas and goof around in them, but I'd really hate playing with a character this ugly all the time, it's actually even quite a turn off for me :messenger_neutral:
You need a pretty alien?

D.Final

Banned
3DBox_DAH_SE.png

Destroy All Humans! is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by THQ Nordic's internal studio Black Forest Games in Germany. It is a remake of Destroy All Humans! (2005) and the first entry in the series since Path of the Furon (2008). The video game will be available on the @PlayStation 4, @Xbox One, PC PC and @Stadia in 2020, just in time for the series' 15th anniversary.

Story and Gameplay Details:

Humankind is under attack by an alien lifeform that is secretly trying to undermine US democracy, bring down its government and harvest the DNA of its citizens.

And that alien… is you.

In 1959 Cryptosporidium-137 arrives on Earth in search for his predecessor clone, Cryptosporidium-136. Crypto-136 disappeared after Orthopox-13 sent him to Earth to prepare the large scale extraction of human DNA.

Pox sends Crypto on a mission to harvest human brain stems (which contain alien DNA due to an encounter between Furon warriors and humans in ancient times) to prevent the Furons from going extinct. Furon genitalia have withered away generations ago due to prolonged exposure to their own nuclear weaponry.

To accomplish his mission, he must battle US forces, infiltrate and sabotage secret government facilities and defeat Majestic, a shadowy government organization led by a black-clad figure named Silhouette.

The invasion is on!
  • Experience the evil side of a 50s alien invasion story
  • (Re)Discover why this game is considered one of the funniest ever created
  • Faithfully rebuilt from scratch in new galactic glory
  • Enjoy Crypto's unique weaponry like the Anal Probe Gun
  • Pose as pathetic humans to infiltrate their fragile democracy
  • Use psychokinesis to send enemies flying or bombard them with random objects
  • Freely traverse explorable cities from 50s America using your jetpack
  • Obliterate humanity's primitive architecture with your flying saucer
  • Includes the restored, much-rumored, never before seen: Lost Mission of Area 42!
Official website: https://destroyallhumansgame.com/

Concept Art:
Concept-Art-Crypto.jpg

Concept-Art-Weapons-Crypto.jpg

Concept-Art-Weapons-Majestic.jpg

Before-After-Radar-Building.jpg

Before-After-Lous-Diner.jpg

Before-After-Funfair-Shooting-Gallery.jpg

Before-After-Farm-House.jpg
Screenshots:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Destroy-All-Humans-Remake-Preview-04-Tasty-Pete.jpg

Destroy-All-Humans-Remake-Preview-03-Sandy-Shores.jpg

ss_b3097dd9268902c297d761638a96c7058e20089e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_11fa776dd2954650b5644f5ee31931d000aa62da.1920x1080.jpg

ss_20df107809e6439fa19e676ec6a4a6f4ea5b4bad.1920x1080.jpg

Destroy-All-Humans-02.jpg
Original vs Remake Screenshots:
EJRSv3NWoAAwSo6.jpg:large

EJ08SpOWsAA85RJ.jpg:large

ELCuNY6XsAE7YtB.jpg:large

EMLEjClU8AAxjtY.jpg:large

EN3AqxsWkAUMzQb.jpg:large

EOf3Is7WsAELeBt

EPEH81cXkAAqNmc

EPok9yFXsAAidNc

EQMukc8W4AAiFIR

Bonus GIF animation:

Cinematic Videos:

Announcement Trailer - "Ich Will"

Pre-Release Gameplay Videos:

Mission #1 Gameplay Preview - "Destination Earth"

Special Edition Pre-Order Videos:

"DNA Collector's Edition"

Video currently unavailable.

Holy cow! The DNA Collector's Edition will be available at selected retailers for an SRP of € 149.99 | $ 149.99 | £ 139.99 and contain the following items:
  • Game Destroy All Humans!
  • Crypto'N'Cow Figurine 23cm / 9" high Approx.
  • Keychain
  • 6 Lithographs
  • Eye-popping anti-stress toy
  • Premium Box 35cm * 30cm * 30cm/ 14" * 12" *12" Approx
  • Including All In-Game Crypto Skins
"Crypto-137 Edition"

Video currently unavailable.

This unique example of human craftsmanship is brought to you by your benevolent Furon overlords! The Crypto-137 Edition will be available at selected retailers for an SRP of € 399.99 | $ 399.99 | £ 349.99 and contain the following items:
  • Game Destroy All Humans!
  • Crypto-137 Figurine* 60cm / 23" high | 30cm / 12" diagonal Approx.
  • Crypto Backpack
  • Keychain
  • 6 Lithographs
  • Eye-popping anti-stress toy
  • Premium Box 90cm * 38cm * 37* / 35" * 15" *15 Approx.
  • Including All In-Game Crypto Skins
*North hemisphere not transparent. No Brain Juice included - sorry.

Developer Interview/Behind the Scenes Videos:

"What the Remake Changes and Improves - Gamescom 2019"

------

As someone who replayed the original @PlayStation 2 version a lot back in the day, the upcoming remake is actually my most anticipated game to play when it releases next year. I will be playing it on Steam and from what we've seen so far I think it looks amazing. Hopefully we will get a sequel or two as well.

I'm waiting a release date

Yeah, we're all waiting for a new trailer and release date. Maybe we will get the important info next month. Especially since the Crypto-137 Twitter profile is active again, hence the thread bumps. I hope they're not waiting until they finish releasing every comparison screenshot because they've been showing off each level rather slowly (we're seeing Area 42 now which just leaves Union Town and Capitol City that we've yet to see).

Here's a picture of Adrian Goersch of Black Forest Games.

EVrESv0XgAYidyW

Still really excited to play this game again.

Last edited:
Played it at E3 last year and interviewed the devs - the game was fun but it was performing absolutely horrible. Hopefully the performance is fixed and better fps since it was probably an old build made for the demo purposes.

I only played the demo for the first one, I'll be picking this up for sure, this and maneater will keep me busy with my B level gaming until the AAA stuff starts coming out.

Romulus

I sort of prefer the look of the original in more ways than I expected. The remake definitely looks better graphically, but it just looks off in alot of scenes.

Kacho

Gold Member
Yeah the demo was great. EXCELLENT PC version so kudos to the devs.

Gameplay is still loads of fun, even though the demo was super limited.

Smoke effects might be the best I've ever seen in a game.

Top Bottom