• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Community Raises over $500,000 for Hurricane Harvey

Just got this email from Bungie and felt the community should celebrate this.

Hello Guardian,

Thank you for your pre-order purchase of the Bungie Foundation Pin. Because of your generosity, the Destiny community raised over $500,000 to benefit Direct Relief in their mission to support the people in Houston, Texas affected by Hurricane Harvey, and continues to raise money to support areas around the US and Caribbean that have been most critically hit by recent natural disasters.

Due to the overwhelming response, all pre-orders for the pin are expected to ship in October 2017 and an order confirmation email will be sent to you once the item has shipped. You will find the Destiny 2 in-game emblem code included in the pin packaging. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you for bringing the Light to those who need it now more than ever.

bluexy

Nice! I didn't get the email, but I received my pin already. Always happy supporting the Bungie Foundation.

I supported Nepal but missed this one, dang o have family in Houston, I did support directly to some go fund me accounts and family, very cool to see the community do this.

BigDes

Is this an in game purchase? If so will it still be available when the PC version releases?

Sorry for the questions it's just I've gone on a Destiny 2 blackout until the pc version comes out and this is the type of microtransaction stuff I will happily support.

lt519

Awesome of Bungie to use their popularity to consistently raise money for good causes.

With all the threads about the gaming community being toxic, it makes me sad to basically see nobody reply to something really amazing the gaming community has done here. They raise half a mil and the post has 5 replies...

Top Bottom