• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

LordCBH

We hopped back on to finish duality and finished the boss in our first attempt today. Once we got the loop down and figured out we could ignore certain enemies, it became a lot easier. Really really fun fight, really really good dungeon. Though I can already tell the solo run is going to break me.

We hopped back on to finish duality and finished the boss in our first attempt today. Once we got the loop down and figured out we could ignore certain enemies, it became a lot easier. Really really fun fight, really really good dungeon. Though I can already tell the solo run is going to break me.
Same actually, coming back at it fresh, quick loadout tweak, quick strategy session for the DPS phase (which was not coming together last night) and we got the duo run knocked out. I'm not sure on solo yet, after leveling past the encounter it should be far more manageable. We ran troll loadouts most of the way through (Solar 3.0, not very optimized) and switched to our preferred Void 3.0 cheeses after getting kicked around in the final encounter for a while. So I think really it's just that last encounter that will make the solo tough.

The yellow bars need to be dealt with quckly... I'm think Gjally + a good fusion and you can deal with that final DPS room solo decently enough. But I need to get way better at the actual DPS because our duo run on that encounter was like pushing 40 minutes I think...

LordCBH

Same actually, coming back at it fresh, quick loadout tweak, quick strategy session for the DPS phase (which was not coming together last night) and we got the duo run knocked out. I'm not sure on solo yet, after leveling past the encounter it should be far more manageable. We ran troll loadouts most of the way through (Solar 3.0, not very optimized) and switched to our preferred Void 3.0 cheeses after getting kicked around in the final encounter for a while. So I think really it's just that last encounter that will make the solo tough.

The yellow bars need to be dealt with quckly... I'm think Gjally + a good fusion and you can deal with that final DPS room solo decently enough. But I need to get way better at the actual DPS because our duo run on that encounter was like pushing 40 minutes I think...

I went in with a solar melee build on my warlock with claws, melee well maker, heavy handed, and well of life. All the trouble I had last night went away when I changed supercharged to well of life. The healing from WoL outpaced basically all the damage I was taking, and using melee to recharge the melee basically meant an endless supply of wells.

I was running Celestial Nighthawk for most of the dungeon. It didn't come in handy very much, and it was tough getting that crit shot with my teammate knocking all the little girly bosses all over the place with his Lament :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kerotan

So there's the dungeon pass you can buy for 2000 silver. Is this type of thing likely to ever go on sale on the ever verse store?

So there's the dungeon pass you can buy for 2000 silver. Is this type of thing likely to ever go on sale on the ever verse store?

I think unless you get the deluxe version of the Witch Queen expansion, then yes, you will have to buy silver to get this new Duality dungeon.

I finally finished running it too. it's definitely an interesting fight and I had fun with just pick up groups. I look forward to doing the master version later on down the road.

Last edited:
On sale? I kind of doubt it. It's too bad, it's decent content, I have no idea what the silver to dollar ratio is so I'm just going to assume that's 20 bucks. I think it's ridiculous that the dungeons aren't given out at worst as part of the season pass. And I guess the key doesn't get you Grasp of Avarice, I have no idea if you have 30th anniversary.

That said, yeah I just got the Digital Deluxe edition to start with since that seemed the simplest and cheapest way for Bungie to shake me down for the year.

Kerotan

On sale? I kind of doubt it. It's too bad, it's decent content, I have no idea what the silver to dollar ratio is so I'm just going to assume that's 20 bucks. I think it's ridiculous that the dungeons aren't given out at worst as part of the season pass. And I guess the key doesn't get you Grasp of Avarice, I have no idea if you have 30th anniversary.

That said, yeah I just got the Digital Deluxe edition to start with since that seemed the simplest and cheapest way for Bungie to shake me down for the year.
Yeah I have the 30th anniversary bought separately and the Witch queen bought. Plus the season pass. I dunno if buying 2 dungeons for €20 is worth it though. Obviously all the content on the PSN store gets a sale. I'm just not sure if the eververse gets its own sales.

Yeah I have the 30th anniversary bought separately and the Witch queen bought. Plus the season pass. I dunno if buying 2 dungeons for €20 is worth it though. Obviously all the content on the PSN store gets a sale. I'm just not sure if the eververse gets its own sales.
Well, the next dungeon comes out in 2 seasons... so if it goes on sale before the content is out people will reflexively complain. Stuff in Eververse goes on sale... like 800 silver items go on sale for 700. But that's bullshit cosmetics... I think it's gonna be a while before they give you a discount on the Dungeon Key, if ever.

LordCBH

Oof Iron Banner Rift just flat out sucks. I wanted the Iron Lord title but I don’t think I can stomach this terrible mode.

splattered

So how does the iron banner gear bonus work? I dont see any wording about it anywhere in the game but someone told me if you either wear the armor or wear it as an ornament you get token bonuses? What if we are using an exotic does it still work but we get less? Hopefully someone here knows what i'm talking about and how it works haha

splattered

Which banner? Is it part of the quest? And then for the gear does it all have to be part of the same IB set or can it be mixed? I have some pieces in my void build IB from one set, some from another...

Kerotan

Well, the next dungeon comes out in 2 seasons... so if it goes on sale before the content is out people will reflexively complain. Stuff in Eververse goes on sale... like 800 silver items go on sale for 700. But that's bullshit cosmetics... I think it's gonna be a while before they give you a discount on the Dungeon Key, if ever.
Yeah I get they can't before the second dungeon arrives but I just don't wanna pay 20 bucks. If there's a chance it goes on sale next year I'll happily wait.

was looking into setting up that Warlock fusion grenade build and realized that I had deleted my Starfire Protocol at the beginning of last season. sigh... oh well, will have to try and farm some exotics and see if I'll get lucky again. worst comes to worst I'll just pull one from collection with low stat roll I guess.

splattered

The one mod i don't have for the new solar builds is bountiful wells. Collections says it was in wayfinder's compass which is weird because i totally leveled that up and got EVERYTHING that season. Yet i don't have this mod. Wtf. Is it going to cycle back into Ada-1's daily mods at any point or am i locked out? This sucks ugh. I hate seasonal mods that cycle out they totally screw new players from being able to create good current meta builds. I'm not a new player, i just don't have the damn mod for some reason.

Also, since the solar update D2 is crashing CONSTANTLY on my Series X. Straight back to the XB dashboard, hard crash have to restart the game. Anyone else experiencing this? I have it loaded onto the Seagate 1TB External SSD card but no other game is having issues on it that i can tell.

The one mod i don't have for the new solar builds is bountiful wells. Collections says it was in wayfinder's compass which is weird because i totally leveled that up and got EVERYTHING that season. Yet i don't have this mod. Wtf. Is it going to cycle back into Ada-1's daily mods at any point or am i locked out? This sucks ugh. I hate seasonal mods that cycle out they totally screw new players from being able to create good current meta builds. I'm not a new player, i just don't have the damn mod for some reason.

Also, since the solar update D2 is crashing CONSTANTLY on my Series X. Straight back to the XB dashboard, hard crash have to restart the game. Anyone else experiencing this? I have it loaded onto the Seagate 1TB External SSD card but no other game is having issues on it that i can tell.

sadly, with Bountiful Wells, Ada-1 would probably be your best bet at this point. maybe you unlocked it from the compass but forgot to actually get it?

and since I play on PC, I can't tell you about crashes since I had not had one yet this season. but before the last reset, there were some issues with loading into the Tower courtyard and I had to go to annex instead to run over. but it seem to have cleared up now.

so, there were a few hours left before reset this morning, and since I'm trying to get a better roll Starfire Protocol and the legend lost sector is a pretty easy one that's giving body exotics, figured I would give it a run and try my luck. well, I guess the in game desire detector is working as intended. since throughout those 3 hours or so of farming, I got almost all of the Warlock body exotics to drop EXCEPT Starfire Protocol. hell I even have Sanguine Alchemy dropped like 4 or 5 times. sigh... guess I'm stuck with the low stat collection one for the moment. the build is still very fun to use thou, but probably best in a team rather than solo.

Last edited:

splattered

sadly, with Bountiful Wells, Ada-1 would probably be your best bet at this point. maybe you unlocked it from the compass but forgot to actually get it?

and since I play on PC, I can't tell you about crashes since I had not had one yet this season. but before the last reset, there were some issues with loading into the Tower courtyard and I had to go to annex instead to run over. but it seem to have cleared up now.

so, there were a few hours left before reset this morning, and since I'm trying to get a better roll Starfire Protocol and the legend lost sector is a pretty easy one that's giving body exotics, figured I would give it a run and try my luck. well, I guess the in game desire detector is working as intended. since throughout those 3 hours or so of farming, I got almost all of the Warlock body exotics to drop EXCEPT Starfire Protocol. hell I even have Sanguine Alchemy dropped like 4 or 5 times. sigh... guess I'm stuck with the low stat collection one for the moment. the build is still very fun to use thou, but probably best in a team rather than solo.

Ugh that sucks man, sorry bout your exotic luck. I experience same thing every time i go for a new build. The exotic i actually have doesnt have the stats i need to make it GOOD. So i'll run the legend lost sector repeatedly and even if i get one to drop its stats suck haha I'm going to make a solar hunter w assassin's cowl sometime later today. Finally. I've had the cowl for a while now and it'll work with this setup stat wise but i've been farming new seasonal gear for days and days trying to get higher mobility and resilience and finally decided to give up. Gonna run with 90 mobility, 100 resilience, and 64 discipline. Hopefully is good enough to get me through higher level content this season.

Ugh that sucks man, sorry bout your exotic luck. I experience same thing every time i go for a new build. The exotic i actually have doesnt have the stats i need to make it GOOD. So i'll run the legend lost sector repeatedly and even if i get one to drop its stats suck haha I'm going to make a solar hunter w assassin's cowl sometime later today. Finally. I've had the cowl for a while now and it'll work with this setup stat wise but i've been farming new seasonal gear for days and days trying to get higher mobility and resilience and finally decided to give up. Gonna run with 90 mobility, 100 resilience, and 64 discipline. Hopefully is good enough to get me through higher level content this season.

pretty sure you can focus engram at the wartable to get armor pieces with rolls that you like. make sure to use the mod on your ghost that gives the armor pieces the stat you need also. I had been focusing on my Warlock these last 2 season but I might put some time in my Titan and Hunter this season too. just got the Titan Loreley helmet the other day and will be making a build with it eventually. the Hunter... oh well, we'll see if I have the time or the drive to work on it or not this season.

LordCBH

If anyone is hurting for shards, the legendary shards glitch is still working

Go to collections, click armor, click leveling, go to the second page, and pull the bottom armor set for 777 glimmer a piece. Each piece of this specific set dismantles for 3 Banshee rep and 3 legendary shards (4 at rank 20 of the season pass).

When you run low on glimmer, but planet materials for shards and sell those for glimmer. If you have 9 in each armor set you make 135 shards per cycle (180 w/ season pass rank 20)

splattered

pretty sure you can focus engram at the wartable to get armor pieces with rolls that you like. make sure to use the mod on your ghost that gives the armor pieces the stat you need also. I had been focusing on my Warlock these last 2 season but I might put some time in my Titan and Hunter this season too. just got the Titan Loreley helmet the other day and will be making a build with it eventually. the Hunter... oh well, we'll see if I have the time or the drive to work on it or not this season.
Thank you! I've actually been doing that since last season, very rarely does it give me close to the actual stat roll I need haha but as of right now with fragments and mods my hunter is 100/100/26/64/41/68 or something like that. I'm gonna try and farm more this weekend for arms and legs with higher resilience but also higher discipline. Tried my build out yesterday and couldn't believe how tanky I am now with super high damage, it's insane.

If anyone is hurting for shards, the legendary shards glitch is still working

Go to collections, click armor, click leveling, go to the second page, and pull the bottom armor set for 777 glimmer a piece. Each piece of this specific set dismantles for 3 Banshee rep and 3 legendary shards (4 at rank 20 of the season pass).

When you run low on glimmer, but planet materials for shards and sell those for glimmer. If you have 9 in each armor set you make 135 shards per cycle (180 w/ season pass rank 20)

I've run through about 750k glimmer doing this and it's been amazing but mind numbingly slow and annoying. I got like 7 or 8 ascendant shards out of it but I used up all my prisms making the shards so it's been a struggle to level up my gear to masterwork as I get stuff I want to keep. I hate the daily limit on buying the prisms.

Also at least on Xbox it's really slow buying every single piece of gear before you turn around and chew it all up. I wish there was something in the settings that would let me speed the buying confirmation process up.

LordCBH

Thank you! I've actually been doing that since last season, very rarely does it give me close to the actual stat roll I need haha but as of right now with fragments and mods my hunter is 100/100/26/64/41/68 or something like that. I'm gonna try and farm more this weekend for arms and legs with higher resilience but also higher discipline. Tried my build out yesterday and couldn't believe how tanky I am now with super high damage, it's insane.

I've run through about 750k glimmer doing this and it's been amazing but mind numbingly slow and annoying. I got like 7 or 8 ascendant shards out of it but I used up all my prisms making the shards so it's been a struggle to level up my gear to masterwork as I get stuff I want to keep. I hate the daily limit on buying the prisms.

Also at least on Xbox it's really slow buying every single piece of gear before you turn around and chew it all up. I wish there was something in the settings that would let me speed the buying confirmation process up.

Yeah not much you can do with it on consoles unfortunately. I’ve got tiny task macroing the process while I sleep on my pc

upzqXZJ.png

TinyTask is the way. I started with 4-5k shards. I've been auto-printing them for like a week now.

If you have a PC capable of running D2, the game is F2P and the armor set still shows up. I set up my Xbox-only friend this way last night. Or if you have a really crummy PC maybe Stadia would be an option? I don't know too much about that but it seems like it should work.

LordCBH

upzqXZJ.png

TinyTask is the way. I started with 4-5k shards. I've been auto-printing them for like a week now.

If you have a PC capable of running D2, the game is F2P and the armor set still shows up. I set up my Xbox-only friend this way last night. Or if you have a really crummy PC maybe Stadia would be an option? I don't know too much about that but it seems like it should work.

I sleep in the same room I have my pc in, but I’m so tired tonight I may just mute my monitor and let it run all night.

haha, no idea how this happens, but saw this reddit and it got a chuckle outa me. maybe someone can figure it out for even more cheese on farming Vex :messenger_tears_of_joy:

splattered

upzqXZJ.png

SWEET JESUS. You aren't worried about an account ban for abusing it to that degree?

Pretty sure my PC could handle something like that no problem... tempting but they will probably patch it tomorrow.

If they don't, maybe i'll set it up and run it this week at night while i'm not using it for work?

Any chance you could post or DM me the instructions on setting it up?

Last edited:
SWEET JESUS. You aren't worried about an account ban for abusing it to that degree?

Pretty sure my PC could handle something like that no problem... tempting but they will probably patch it tomorrow.

If they don't, maybe i'll set it up and run it this week at night while i'm not using it for work?

I don't know the official policy on these sorta things, but I'm pretty sure Bungie had not ban anyone in the past for these kinda exploits. at most they just patch things up and tell everyone to enjoy it while they can.

Meh. If they ban me, I can find other things to do with my time. From what I understand this isn't something they would ban over but I got no guarantees. I question their ability to detect this beyond seeing that TinyTask is running.

So between these two guys you can kinda get the idea:

First vid doesn't set up a loop w/ Rahool to keep your glimmer up.

Second guy at least makes a loop, just an inefficient one. So be like the first guy in that you empty out your armor inventory completely and melt 45 items. A little more tedious but every second spent melting instead of navigating menus will make your shard printer go brrrrrrrrr faster.

And then be like the second guy in that you make an actual loop.

Do make a short loop where you are only melting like 3 items total just to confirm you have your recording and playback setup correctly. A full efficient recording is like 4m15s or so.

If you're not level 20 on the season pass yet, and you're close, get there first. 4 shards vs 3 ends up being like 37% difference (since you have to spend a few shard to get more glimmer)

Also, look at Rahool's exchanges. They change sometimes. I think what the second vid is doing is actually valid for today. But it's kind of random. There was a day last week where there was no way to do the shards->mats->glimmer->shards loop.

Consider running "Destiny 2 Solo Enabler". The tower is unstable. With more people in it, it crashes more. Also super useful for doing certain bounties. If you play D2 on PC I highly recommend having it handy regardless of shard printing.

Do check in on Banshee every once in a while if you care about resetting your rank, grabbing that exotic engram and a crafting golf ball.

Consider changing your video settings. 30 FPS cap, maybe lower the render scaling, whatever. Just to lower your CPU/GPU usage, generate less heat, use less electricity, that sort of thing.

The F8/F12 keyboard shortcuts are the way. The defaults don't really work.

Just make sure you start at the same spot so it's a self sustained loop. You can't buy too much glimmer. The game won't let you. Buy 60 mats (12 clicks) and buy 3 stacks of glimmer with those mats. That is enough to buy and melt 45 blues. So 4*45 = 180, 180-12 = 168, you make 168 shards per loop this way. And that mat will slowly tick up.

Consider setting up keybind for COLLECTIONS, use your inventory keybind, and your new collections keybind to quickly navigate between the two, saving a few seconds.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I played the shit out of that season and I also somehow missed that mod.

I know exactly how you guys missed that mod. It wasn't there when you looked. The mods were on some kind of bullshit rotation. Was there any indication they were on a rotation? Of course not. Was there any good reason they were on a rotation? Of course not. Probably time-gated as well. I just remember my buddy telling me I needed this mod, and I thought I had all the mods. And I went to the HELM and it wasn't there. And we eventually figured out that I had to wait till a reset. Don't recall if it was daily or weekly.

But yeah, it was Bungie being assholes. But I'm supposed to feel bad about printing 400k legendary shards :messenger_tears_of_joy:

splattered

I played the shit out of that season and I also somehow missed that mod.

I know exactly how you guys missed that mod. It wasn't there when you looked. The mods were on some kind of bullshit rotation. Was there any indication they were on a rotation? Of course not. Was there any good reason they were on a rotation? Of course not. Probably time-gated as well. I just remember my buddy telling me I needed this mod, and I thought I had all the mods. And I went to the HELM and it wasn't there. And we eventually figured out that I had to wait till a reset. Don't recall if it was daily or weekly.

But yeah, it was Bungie being assholes. But I'm supposed to feel bad about printing 400k legendary shards :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah you are probably right, and that's lame as hell. They should just give us the mods at the end of the season if we had the thing fully leveled up. Is Ada-1 even going to HAVE it in her rotation ever?

I don't know how many shards i did, i think i blew through a million glimmer worth at least? I was farming them right up to reset and then ran a few legendary NF to get some enhancement cores before maintenance. When i logged back in it let me masterwork new gear i created specifically for void and now have a 100/100/100 void build and a 90/100/100 solar build (Need an Assassin's Cowl with better stats for more mobility)

Liking this season so far but not really digging the heavy containment grind for the deep resonance gear. Feels like such a slog... seemed like Psi-Ops wasn't as bad? Dunno

had some down time with work, so went and farmed the legend lost sector before the daily reset hoping for a Starfire Protocol. after getting 3 other non-Starfire exotics, finally got a drop and the roll is semi-decent too. going to give the solo master NF a go and see how this baby holds up. also ran a little of the Titan build the other day also and the almost unkillable toughness of it is definitely fun to play with.

the shard bug was fun. I didn't make a lot since I don't want to use any outside things to do it, so I just made a few hundred and call it a day.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Saw some people talking that you can’t u lock the new trials weapons until you claim the curated rolls from Saint-14. Fucking why? Now I’m not going to bother even though I really want the fusion rifle. Trials went from being pretty rewarding by basically “knocking out” missing weapons with trials engrams so I could then focus them to this garbage where I can’t get anything new because the actual mode is ass. What a pointless change that literally nobody asked for.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Been about a year for me. It worth jumping in again? I haven’t played any of it since beyond light came out.

I’d like some current discussions from folks if possible

Jebron

Been about a year for me. It worth jumping in again? I haven’t played any of it since beyond light came out.

I'd like to know as well... I haven't played consistently in almost 18 months. Would love to hear thoughts on the state of PvP as well as the campaign/PvE/Endgame.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I'd like to know as well... I haven't played consistently in almost 18 months. Would love to hear thoughts on the state of PvP as well as the campaign/PvE/Endgame.
Yeah, the season is about 3 weeks old right? Would be nice to know if it is worth it to jump in now or wait?

personally, I think it's a pretty good time to get back in right now with the amount of stuff to do and try out. the new storyline had been pretty good and both Void and Solar rework had been pretty solid. the new weapons are also pretty nice and have good synergy with the rework. we still have Arc rework to look forward to thou, so if not now, can always wait until that happens to come back for.

I miss the Vex Mytho. Such a great gun when it dominated.

it's still a beast, especially in PvE with the new Solar rework and some of the exotic armors, like Rain Of Fire on Warlock.

S0ULZB0URNE

S0ULZB0URNE

I think I’ll pass on 125$ for something I’m still wishy washy on. Maybe when a sale comes
It does go on sale..you can also save some money and not buy the Anniversary part of the bundle but doing that you would miss some gear,a dungeon and the new and improved G-Horn.

Shubh_C63

Bungie was saying this is one of the best season they have ever created and surprisingly it is my least played to date. Containment and roaming around that little space for keys is not fun at all. Even Master wellspring attack/defend was better than this.

Not even close to gather all craftable weapons.

Top Bottom