• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Dthomp

I'm having plenty of fun with Witherhoard but it's not like anyone is impressed right? Like if someone starts dropping Anarchy bolts on the ground it's like OH SHIT HE'S GOT ANARCHY but I drop a blight/whatever-the-fuck from Witherhoard who cares? Every activity I join everyone has a Falling Guillotine on their back, when everyone has the cool ass best weapon how is your game a LOOTER shooter at all?

I actually really like both of the new exotics so far because they are what exotics should be. First, fun and second, unique. Neither one should be a boss melting machine, that should really be saved for heavy weapons IMO. WH is a fun just run around and drop puddles weapon. I love it for the weekly missions. FG is fantastic, and arguably too good. If swords are gonna be this strong, they need to carry half of the ammo. For me personally, I wouldn't shed one tear if swords disappeared after BL, they are hard to balance on a damage scale compared to other weapons. Maybe if we only had a couple exotic ones like D1 it wouldn't be so crazy.

I think like was said above, exotics need to go back to being random drops in the world, and end game (Nightfall, Raid chest) rewards. Exotics don't really get people excited since they are just freaking pre order bonuses at this point. I loved every new DLC drop in D1 logging in and doing every activity that could drop something in hopes of seeing a new exotic.

I fear Luke Smiths love of WoW and MMOs has clouded the core of this game being a LOOTER SHOOTER. It's no longer about finding loot and being excited to see what it rolled with. Now it's tuning engrams to be the weapon you want until you get it. I want to see a new focus back on the actual LOOT itself, and not just a bunch of new mods (So many of these would be welcome additions to weapon perk pools). If you want to make some cool guns or gear and want them farmable? Put them in strikes like we had in D1. I'm going into BL not with high expectations, just a tiny shred of hope that we get some widespread Taken King style changes to the bad parts of this game. I mean even while announcing something that excited people (Cosmodrome/VoG/Strikes) Luke had to ruin it by saying Champions in the raid.... The Champion enemies is one of my least favorite additions to this game. It doesn't make the content any harder, it just limits my fun by forcing me to use weapons I don't want to use so I can "stun" these enemies. I miss the difficulty spike being stronger enemies that I could kill any way I could, not requiring double primaries that most seasons feature boring guns.

I will admit seeing one of those new engrams you can focus drop actually does get me excited, it won't last, the loot pool is kinda shallow for what they can turn into from what I've seen, but it at least makes engrams dropping more exciting than it has been in a while.

VertigoOA

Banned
Reprised Ikelos sniper is the best weapon from the new engrams. Players have just started to catch on since they first unlocked last week. I’m gonna be farming the shit out of it for both pve and pvp rolls.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Right now the rolls with glass half full or whatever it’s called. Where the bottom of the magazine does extra damage. Let’s you double-bodyshot kill in pvp and is effective for boss dps when paired with triple tap and fourth times a charm to extend the extra damage at the end of mag. It also rolls for seraph rounds like it did originally for ballistics. The diamond scope it comes with is also quite effective as its lower zoom and gives you a wide field of view.

PS - to some extent this may be my favorite summer season of them all. You could argue no raid but Prophecy dungeon makes up for it nicely (in addition to trials being back). A lot of it has to do with with the feeling of “shit actually happening” leading into this fall’s expansion too.

Last edited:
finished doing the catalyst for both Witherhoard and Ruinous Effigy, plus pop all the eyes. now need to try and do the urns in Prophecy and grind out the 2 catalyst from EOW and SOS lol

Lanrutcon

Well, the people I play with are bored.

So now we're doing dungeons and raids.

I used to think Destiny was a game about guns!

VertigoOA

Banned
Well, the people I play with are bored.

So now we're doing dungeons and raids.

I used to think Destiny was a game about guns!

That’s the best content...

it’s also why that endgame content should be difficult. You’re entire loot and build chase should be leading up to using them for those activities.

I still don’t like that they’re taking our scourge...

Out of all the content being cut that’s what i don’t want to see go yet. Still curious to see what happens to the whisper and outbreak quests too.

What happens in fall essentially has to be a sequel-like reboot for this to work. Bungie still has appearances at summer game shows where they’re expected to reveal more...

Edit:

I swear on everything that my first drop of something is always the best drop I ever see of that weapon.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

That’s the best content...

it’s also why that endgame content should be difficult. You’re entire loot and build chase should be leading up to using them for those activities.

I still don’t like that they’re taking our scourge...

Out of all the content being cut that’s what i don’t want to see go yet. Still curious to see what happens to the whisper and outbreak quests too.

What happens in fall essentially has to be a sequel-like reboot for this to work. Bungie still has appearances at summer game shows where they’re expected to reveal more...

Edit:

I swear on everything that my first drop of something is always the best drop I ever see of that weapon.

So we hit Scourge a bunch of times and got everyone Anarchy (raid was pretty fun, the sparrow section turned into Mario Kart very quickly). Did PoH (was ok?) and Prophecy (crazy shit, but pretty easy). Tried that stupid raid with the balls and the lift into space, but that's just an over-engineered clusterfuck.

Trogdor1123

So we hit Scourge a bunch of times and got everyone Anarchy (raid was pretty fun, the sparrow section turned into Mario Kart very quickly). Did PoH (was ok?) and Prophecy (crazy shit, but pretty easy). Tried that stupid raid with the balls and the lift into space, but that's just an over-engineered clusterfuck.
How do you get into scourge? I want to try it and literally never have, my ll is 1059

I feel like the umbral recaster thing is purposely fucking me to make me grind my season pass until I can pick specific armor pieces because it's given me 4 cloaks and 5 boots today... i need anything but those

VertigoOA

Banned
I feel like the umbral recaster thing is purposely fucking me to make me grind my season pass until I can pick specific armor pieces because it's given me 4 cloaks and 5 boots today... i need anything but those

You won’t get specific pieces still. The upgrade just lets you pick the most prominent stat and not the piece of gear.

You won’t get specific pieces still. The upgrade just lets you pick the most prominent stat and not the piece of gear.
Oh okay so you're saying I'm going to get about 10 more class items I should specify that I did eventually get one chest piece tonight after getting a few more class items. It seems there's way more options for guns than armor but the level grind in destiny has always been hardest when it comes to armor so it's a real shame they handled it this way.

SCB3

So now with the Season extended, I'm looking for stuff to do outside of the Weekly season updates like the leaked missions for Travellers chosen, I'm currently grinding out the Catalysts and have all but Tarrabah now from Raids (I'm actually gonna wait on this to see what Bungie are gonna do about Raid Exotics that are leaving)

Still, got Reckoner to Grind out for, only have the Role triumphs left, halfway through what I think is the hardest one, Collector and leaving the easier 2 til last (Sentry and Reaper)

Serious question... What should I be doing to get Ruinous Effigy? I realize I can google this but I feel like as an experienced D2 veteran with 2,000+ hours logged it's weirdly obtuse to me which thing I'm doing counts towards it.

Trogdor1123

Serious question... What should I be doing to get Ruinous Effigy? I realize I can google this but I feel like as an experienced D2 veteran with 2,000+ hours logged it's weirdly obtuse to me which thing I'm doing counts towards it.
I like asking more than looking it up too. Feels like a conversation. You need to do quest from the drifter, I think it is called growth.

Was a good night for me. Everything up to at least 1050 now and did the ruinous effigy quest and the catalyst for the witherford. Pretty good night all things considered.

Did a couple other things too.

Trogdor1123

Am I using the app wrong or something? I go to join a Fireteam and I do that and then it says wait for the platform invite but I never see them. Am I doing, or not doing, something wrong?

Dthomp

Am I using the app wrong or something? I go to join a Fireteam and I do that and then it says wait for the platform invite but I never see them. Am I doing, or not doing, something wrong?

Most likely just a case of the person filled the spot and ignored your request. I've only used the fireteam app thing a couple times and it's a crapshoot

What platform do you play on? On Steam most people just input the join code and don't even bother filling the fireteam spot.

VertigoOA

Banned

You're better off creating the fireteam yourself. You can invite directly to fireteam from app. 50% of the userbase is still on ps4 so you’ll get people to fill in most of the time.

I take it a step further and once they’re in my fireteam invite them to party chat.

VertigoOA

Banned
I think pit of heresy is the easiest. Shattered throne the hardest. This is on par with prophecy as far as difficulty I’d think.

Screw strikes... more dungeons please

Last edited:
for those who's interested in these sort of things, you can get "The Visionary" emblem for free if you redeem the code XFV-KHP-N97 at the Bungie redeem code site after you logged in.

VertigoOA

Banned

So, darkness powers = ice?

I don’t think it’s just that... it’s called statis over just “darkness” so I imagine it’s the first darkness power we get and maybe they’ll add some more in time. Because if that’s all darkness can do that’s pretty lame.

So I’m essentially expecting another two darkness subclasses to come at some point to match the original three.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s just that... it’s called statis over just “darkness” so I imagine it’s the first darkness power we get and maybe they’ll add some more in time. Because if that’s all darkness can do that’s pretty lame.

So I’m essentially expecting another two darkness subclasses to come at some point to match the original three.
Yeah, i see that now. Just saw this thread in the subreddit:

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
It’s going to cause complete chaos in the crucible. Freezing other players... so much rage will be seen.

Imagine to actually freeze lock players you’d have to break their shields or something etc...

I’d rather not get teases here and there... just give us a vidoc

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
The reprised Ikelos weapons from the warmind dlc featured this season are compatible with last season’s warmind cell mods. Had no idea. That was unexpected.

VertigoOA

Banned
No new content this week. We’re still waiting for the evacuation quest to continue but no clue when that is happening.

Just did the flawless run of that Bad Juju quest at the tribute hall. I thought that was going to be my 45th tribute as it should’ve been but there’s nowhere to place that tribute apparently? I want that catalyst before it’s gone.

Top Bottom