• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

DeaDPo0L84

Maybe I missed something but I decided to switch to my hunter (3rd character) to try and knock out some bounties and boost my drops.

But I noticed I didn't have the option to do the typical 0/3 strikes, 0/3 nightfall, 0/4 gambit matches and be rewarded.

I was able to on both my warlock and titan though.

Dynheart04

Neo Member
After 9, almost 10, months ago when I was pretty sure when quit the game, I picked it back up after that vidoc. 2 of the 3 issues I have had with this game since season 1 seem to be getting addressed in some form or fashion:

1) loot
2) practically 80% of the game seems to be there for the sake of being there

The 3rd one, the leveling system/infusion system, will have to wait..I'll deal with it a while longer, if not for the duration of the games existence (don't think it's going away).

I'm enjoying the game again. Really hoping Beyond Light is a home run like Forsaken was, perhaps bigger. This game needs it I feel. Especially when it comes to sparking something in the loot/loot tables. They feel stale, even after the long hiatus. Still, good to be back in the world of Destiny 2.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Maybe I missed something but I decided to switch to my hunter (3rd character) to try and knock out some bounties and boost my drops.

But I noticed I didn't have the option to do the typical 0/3 strikes, 0/3 nightfall, 0/4 gambit matches and be rewarded.

I was able to on both my warlock and titan though.

I would assume you are still below the LL threshold for those to appear. I don't believe they reward you with pinnacles/power drops if you are too low since blues will be jumps for you.

VertigoOA

Banned
Important note: Just realized that if you log into your other characters you can claim additional Twisted Energy to level up your Prismaric Recaster on your season pass with each character.

On controller Firmly Planted and Elemental Capacitor are both god tier perks. I can now say I’m a big fan of both.

Firmly Planted is particularly great of both Auto Rifles and Sniper Rifles. Increases accuracy, range and stability while crouched. So if you slide a lot it will fit your playstyle well.

Elemental capacitor is great if you play as a void subclass, as I always do anyway, for an increase in stability. Particularly useful on auto rifles and on handcanons to mitigate bloom.

I have a season of dawn auto rifle, the steelfeather repeater, that turns into a meta destroying pvp beast that has both firmly planted and elemental capacitor. If you have that roll I highly suggest taking it into the crucible. If mine also had ricochet rounds or flared magwell... I can’t imagine how much better it could be but I want one (and will never see it :messenger_weary: ).

Last edited:

Coily

Banned
yeah, I haven't been running my 3 characters this Year until now for this Season.

Doing the Weekly Bounties from the Vending Machine gives each character Twisted Energy. I'm already at the 3rd Row so I guess in a week or two that row will be done

DeaDPo0L84

I would assume you are still below the LL threshold for those to appear. I don't believe they reward you with pinnacles/power drops if you are too low since blues will be jumps for you.

You were correct, needed to be LL 1010 for them to pop up.

Last edited:
finally reached 30 on season pass and got the Falling Guillotine sword. good lord that things melts stuff fast. I already have a Temptation's Hook with Relentless and Whirlwind and had done some great dmg. but the basic Guillotine with just Whirlwind alone is out damaging that. can't wait to get the Relentless & Whirlwind roll on that.

Coily

Banned
most years, they bump up all gear to the new starting light level of the new Year.

So I'm thinking that I should stop upgrading stuff and be content at 1040 -1050. Because I assume they will bump up everything to 1060 on September 22nd, best save my matts
(running three characters is expensive lol)

Dthomp

Is it possible to enjoy just the base game?

I mean probably some, most of the game is behind the base DLCs however, season passes are pretty optional and haven't been great but without the DLCs (Forsaken/Shadowkeep) I can't see the game having enough especially when they release next DLC and remove some of those planets which house most of the FTP stuff.

Is it possible to enjoy just the base game?

the base F2P game is all the year one stuff before Forsaken right? I think if you just play that you can still get plenty to have fun with. Forsaken is well worth it's price thou. I would say if you should give the F2P version a run and play some of it, progress the story and try your hand on getting some of the quest acquired exotic weapons. after that, then decide if you want to keep going into Forsaken and then Shadowkeep/Beyond Light.

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m a bit bummed my garden of salvation gear is capped at 1060. Just scrapped them for cores. I thought raid loot would last longer? Or is that just future raids...

Last edited:
I’m a bit bummed my garden of salvation gear is capped at 1060. Just scrapped them for cores. I thought raid loot would last longer? Or is that just future raids...

they are going to be able to last you through year 4. it's cap at 1060 for this season as all gears are, but Bungo already said they'll fix the display error (missing the cap lvl of the gear) next season. I hope you had not delete them yet.

Andrew Macmillan

Neo Member
When the ascendant challenge is going to update next?
WhatsApp-Image-2020-05-01-at-3.52.06-PM-scaled.jpeg

VertigoOA

Banned
they are going to be able to last you through year 4. it's cap at 1060 for this season as all gears are, but Bungo already said they'll fix the display error (missing the cap lvl of the gear) next season. I hope you had not delete them yet.

I deleted most of them. All gear is not capped to 1060. Everything after shadowkeep and season of undying has higher caps. Ooops. Goddamnit ... I had a god roll sole survivor I could’ve actually used to replace Revoker... cocksuckers!

When the ascendant challenge is going to update next?
WhatsApp-Image-2020-05-01-at-3.52.06-PM-scaled.jpeg

Ascendant Challenges in the dreaming city change every Tuesday at weekly reset.

Thought about it briefly. With the way Bungie is rotating and removing content... while moving the story and game in real-time... I imagine we will indeed see the curse on the dreaming city end.

I could see the Tangled Shore being removed from the game along with the Forsaken campaign but I doubt the dreaming city would go anywhere... it’s too good. Wouldn’t be surprised if that happens in 2021 with the Witch Queen expansion since that directly deals with Savathun.

I don’t expect Forsaken campaign to be removed tho. The red war Content could be removed and really not make players feel like they missed any story beats... that always felt like more or less like a soft reboot of D1. But now we’re mixing the two games together ... and forsaken actually feels like a sequel in regards to story.

I’m actually quite excited to revisit the Cosmodrome this fall. Hope there’s as many if not more changes to it as we saw on the repurposed moon.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I accidentally infused falling guillotine after just unlocking it two days ago...

WeakWearyEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
finally get around to do the Prophecy dungeon and it's really fun even when I went in blind. love the color and the mechanic. I would definitely want to run it more.

I'm pretty sure that's a typo ^^; but if you're anything under 1030, it'll be a little hard since doing Legend difficulty would be the more sure fire way to get 100k. make sure the team has the correct mods (anti barrier rounds, unstoppable rounds etc) and the correct energy weapon to break shields (there's 3 solar Wizards and rest are all void and arc shields I think). just keep trying with LFG and hope for the best.

VertigoOA

Banned
100k nightfall on heroic is rare. It’s possible for some a bit more easily than others but I’d never count on it.

Orb creation from masterworked weapons is very helpful for 100k

Trogdor1123

I'm 1028 and I've never done a 100k nightfall either. Got one at 98xxx one and would have done 100k but one guy kept killing the boss instead of mobs for points... Very annoying.

Trogdor1123

I deleted most of them. All gear is not capped to 1060. Everything after shadowkeep and season of undying has higher caps. Ooops. Goddamnit ... I had a god roll sole survivor I could’ve actually used to replace Revoker... cocksuckers!

Ascendant Challenges in the dreaming city change every Tuesday at weekly reset.

Thought about it briefly. With the way Bungie is rotating and removing content... while moving the story and game in real-time... I imagine we will indeed see the curse on the dreaming city end.

I could see the Tangled Shore being removed from the game along with the Forsaken campaign but I doubt the dreaming city would go anywhere... it’s too good. Wouldn’t be surprised if that happens in 2021 with the Witch Queen expansion since that directly deals with Savathun.

I don’t expect Forsaken campaign to be removed tho. The red war Content could be removed and really not make players feel like they missed any story beats... that always felt like more or less like a soft reboot of D1. But now we’re mixing the two games together ... and forsaken actually feels like a sequel in regards to story.

I’m actually quite excited to revisit the Cosmodrome this fall. Hope there’s as many if not more changes to it as we saw on the repurposed moon.
Doubt the Cosmo will actually be that different. They already have most of it in game as we have visited there a few times already. I'm just expecting more freedom there than those times.

Trogdor1123

Got my prismatic thing up to level 21 last night. So that's nice... Not sure if anything will be added later but it it didn't take long... Now to do lots of focusing I guess?

VertigoOA

Banned
Got my prismatic thing up to level 21 last night. So that's nice... Not sure if anything will be added later but it it didn't take long... Now to do lots of focusing I guess?

if you want... the seasons are pretty generous in general... however I will be focusing on crafting a high mobility void armor set for my Titan

Trogdor1123

Forgot to say that the guillotine sword is just the best, so crazy good. One other player and I did a duo contact event from start to finish and were successful. Wasn't heroic but still that's pretty good I think.
if you want... the seasons are pretty generous in general... however I will be focusing on crafting a high mobility void armor set for my Titan
I'm thinking about doing some min maxing too. Not sure where to start. I'm considering changing my main from a hunter to wizard. They just seem like a better class... Plus my new sword was claimed there haha.

DeaDPo0L84

Forgot to say that the guillotine sword is just the best, so crazy good. One other player and I did a duo contact event from start to finish and were successful. Wasn't heroic but still that's pretty good I think.

I've gotten probably 15 of them and cannot for the life of me get a relentless strike/whirlwind combo. But it is a great weapon and a lot of fun regardless.

Lanrutcon

Finding it hard to play atm. Pretty much just getting the armor ornaments. I don't see the point in grinding for weapons are just gonna be useless.

ScrewAttack

Neo Member
At that depressing point where I have to rely on lfg to do any raid stuff again. Don't even care which one at this point, there's just no learning groups for anything. I can read guides, but that doesn't qualify as kwtd in my book.

Depressing.

VertigoOA

Banned
When I LFG on the official app I’m usually the one who’s fireteam leader and assembling the team. That way I can make it obvious that newcomers are welcome etc. You may not get far but at least then expectations are set by me. There’s always plenty of people who are doing it for the first time it seems.

If you’re looking to join a team... a huge contingent of the population is super spergy and requiring 30+ raid clears of checking you K/d and ELO for pvp. I boot people that are that critical of other players honestly - I find those are the ones that are most often blaming others for them sucking themselves

Dthomp

At that depressing point where I have to rely on lfg to do any raid stuff again. Don't even care which one at this point, there's just no learning groups for anything. I can read guides, but that doesn't qualify as kwtd in my book.

Depressing.

This might be my biggest issue with the direction of Destiny 2. I enjoyed Raiding much more in D1, the removal of Normal Mode/Hard Mode and adding the stupid tokens killed so many peoples desire to teach since each encounter now is if you die you just wipe and start again.

I don't expect it, but I really hope they consider returning to this method as it would allow people to teach on normal mode and hard is there for unique drops and more challenge, but each raid just ends up being way to mechanic driven to a point where people just don't want to teach or be forced to watch a 40 minute video (that still will only teach from that players perspective) in order to do this stuff.

VertigoOA

Banned
I’ve been getting bodied in the prophecy dungeon. I think I’m like 1054 with artifact right now and been trying to solo. Second encounter is proving a bit rough. And I find it weird it kept my checkpoint from last week.

The light and shadow mechanic took a min but then I noticed the hud effect it has when you get the buff to generate those motes from knights. When you’re in a shadow they generate dark motes. When you’re in the light they generate light motes...

The small circle platform encourages non stop movement. Those boomers hit hard as shit tho. Put on some major, minor and boss defense mods on. Still haven’t made boss damage phase yet.

Im close to giving up and grouping up for it. Either or that or still be working on some sperg meta attempt for it.

:messenger_neutral:

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
This might be my biggest issue with the direction of Destiny 2. I enjoyed Raiding much more in D1, the removal of Normal Mode/Hard Mode and adding the stupid tokens killed so many peoples desire to teach since each encounter now is if you die you just wipe and start again.

I don't expect it, but I really hope they consider returning to this method as it would allow people to teach on normal mode and hard is there for unique drops and more challenge, but each raid just ends up being way to mechanic driven to a point where people just don't want to teach or be forced to watch a 40 minute video (that still will only teach from that players perspective) in order to do this stuff.

That’s why the last raids I had fun in it was VOG and Crota .. I didn’t play any of these previous ones only the leviathan and it was ok

VertigoOA

Banned
Both Garden and Last Wish are some of the best in Destiny overall. In my top 3 with VoG still holding number 1. The 3 Leviathan raids kinda suck.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I want to do a raid today as I actually have time for once. Any suggestions for one to do on PS4 for a total noob at them? I'm at 1030 for my hunter. Can get my wizard up there in about an hour too.

VertigoOA

Banned
I want to do a raid today as I actually have time for once. Any suggestions for one to do on PS4 for a total noob at them? I'm at 1030 for my hunter. Can get my wizard up there in about an hour too.

Garden of Salvation is one of the more newcomer friendly raids in D2. Tether mechanics and platform building get messy at the final boss even after learning it from the start of the raid but it requires a good bit of experience with the encounter to clear effectively. Last Wish is a bit more complex than others.

For a shorter raid experience... I’d encourage scourge of the past. But GoS has a better loot table.

Edit : (new armor mods commentary) ... umm these new armor mods seem solid. I actually think I could use the sidearm charge by light mod effectively in pvp. Finally something that suits my play style to try and use... I think it will work. The mods in question are surprise attack and charge harvester and are found on void armor

Last edited:
just thought of something while I'm going through my vault. with both Drang and the Menagerie version of it getting sunset, Sturm will be left with a huge nerf by it. not that there's that many people running around with that combo these days but still that is rather upsetting. hopefully they gona put a new version of Drang back out soon then.

VertigoOA

Banned
Well they have brought drang back before. Depends what content they tie it to. I mean... we finally got a Ikelos shotty back with random rolls for the first time this season.

I wouldn’t mind more dungeons with some reprised loot.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Well they have brought drang back before. Depends what content they tie it to. I mean... we finally got a Ikelos shotty back with random rolls for the first time this season.

I wouldn’t mind more dungeons with some reprised loot.
I'd vote for dungeons too, with less bizarre mechanics.

5 Iron Banner matches in a roll my team got mercy'ed. freaking why people even play with under 1030 light is beyhone me... I had one game where there were a 780 and a 920. why do you play if you can't kill anyone FFS... and nobody seem to care about Heavy ammo on my team. how hard is it to just look at the freaking purple icon from time to time to see when it's gona spawn and go get it? and so many people just seem to not have any awareness at all. point being cap, where other team might be moving towards, people next to you just died etc.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I went on a game last night where I topped the scoreboard with 32 kills a 4.57 k/d... and still lost the match by like 30pts.

6v6 sucks. Stick to comp.

I get that a good amount of people don’t like skill-based matchmaking because they can no longer pubstomp other players and prefer playing toddlers but... it made me a better player. It still exists in comp modes and the smaller player counts make for a far more enjoyable pvp experience. Less twitch reaction focused and more strategy.

Current crucible meta is pretty damn good right now. Surprised how strong Vigalance Wing performs with its consistent two-burst potential. I’ve begun to main Eye of Sol over Revoker, paired with my seraph sidearm. Both have vorpal weapon to play aggressively against supers at all times. Still gonna pull out Revoker on weekends for trials as it’s the last season I’ll be able to use it as a crutch.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I have been tanking in IB lately. The matchmaking is brutal and it has been one sided this season unlike previous times I have played IB.

They removed skill-based matchmaking for IB. The issue with that is, as it always was, that a 6-stack of a clan breaks any matchmaking attempts anyway and that kind of team composition is common within IB.

They could add a mode for solo queue like they do with survival but I doubt that would work for IB as premade teams in 6v6 would probably get way too intense.

P.S. - This is confirmed by Bungie... and they will make it for pre-order sometime soon... but they’re making an actual IRL toaster out of the Jotunn. ... I kinda have to get it...

Last edited:
Current crucible meta is pretty damn good right now. Surprised how strong Vigalance Wing performs with its consistent two-burst potential. I’ve begun to main Eye of Sol over Revoker, paired with my seraph sidearm. Both have vorpal weapon to play aggressively against supers at all times. Still gonna pull out Revoker on weekends for trials as it’s the last season I’ll be able to use it as a crutch.

I've mainly been maining the GOS pulse Sacred Providence ever since I got it and it's been wonderful for most of the Crucible stuff. really should try out V Wing and maybe Bad Juju in current PvP thou (and I have both of their catalysts too). mostly using Felwinter's Lie or Last Hope in the energy slot and had been ok for the most part. gona need to get another LMG to replace my Hammerhead once it got sunset thou. I guess can always go with Thunderlord or Xeno but just want a good legendary one on hand in case I need it.

P.S. - This is confirmed by Bungie... and they will make it for pre-order sometime soon... but they’re making an actual IRL toaster out of the Jotunn. ... I kinda have to get it...

haha, is the toast gona get shoot out from the front and on fire when it's done? XD

Top Bottom