• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Trogdor1123

The issue with forge farming now is that a bunch of assholes are not respectful of the idea that Forge is still something people do so they do not drop their LL when farming. I don't see bungie allowing this particular farming method going past weekly update coming up so things should go back to normal.
It is extremely frustrating. I did 10 matches last night, every time it was 2 people just standing there with their guns pointed straight up.

So I shouldn't bother with guns atm, since it's all irrelevant until I'm high light level?

what's your current light lvl? and more importantly, what do you want to do? do you want to know the story first or do you want to get your lvl up ASAP? either way, if your lvl is low, pretty much anything you do will get you gear that's higher. just swarp them on and keep doing whatever you like. and yeah, I would say don't worry about weapon too much unless it has some super great perks or it's power limit is higher than 1060.

The issue with forge farming now is that a bunch of assholes are not respectful of the idea that Forge is still something people do so they do not drop their LL when farming. I don't see bungie allowing this particular farming method going past weekly update coming up so things should go back to normal.

yeah, I noticed I'm only 1 successful Forge away from my 100 run and getting the ship, so I went that did that yesterday. first one, both guys were around 750~850 (I was 1020ish) or so and both were afk. with just me fighting and dunking it didn't last long before it failed. then figured I would try again before calling it. luckily, even thou both of the other players were afk at the start of the second one, after I start killing things and dunking, they both started to do it too. ended up finishing the Forge and got my ship.

Lanrutcon

what's your current light lvl? and more importantly, what do you want to do? do you want to know the story first or do you want to get your lvl up ASAP? either way, if your lvl is low, pretty much anything you do will get you gear that's higher. just swarp them on and keep doing whatever you like. and yeah, I would say don't worry about weapon too much unless it has some super great perks or it's power limit is higher than 1060.

I'm 790something. I should be doing random crap for blues? what do they cap at these days?

VertigoOA

Banned
I don’t get why people afk farm at forges. I don’t see the power drive overall really. Okay, well it could make trials a problem but I don’t see that many people leaving their PS4s on widely. And I’ve played plenty lop-sides matches in trials with power gaps... I dunno... just don’t see it to be the most determining factor in a win.

I kinda enjoy being tossed into basic playlists upon a new season... only time I engage in older content really. Like... if I’m playing destiny right now I’d be, at its most basic form, still be playing for loot rolls and not power.

Last edited:
I don’t get why people afk farm at forges. I don’t see the power drive overall really. Okay, well it could make trials a problem but I don’t see that many people leaving their PS4s on widely. And I’ve played plenty lop-sides matches in trials with power gaps... I dunno... just don’t see it to be the most determining factor in a win.

I kinda enjoy being tossed into basic playlists upon a new season... only time I engage in older content really. Like... if I’m playing destiny right now I’d be, at its most basic form, still be playing for loot rolls and not power.

some just don't like the grind and some just want to get as high lvl ASAP. I put my warlock on it for the last couple nights before going to bed. it's free lvl after all when I'm sleeping so might as well get the most out of it.

edit: I guess they "fixed" the Forge thing. after you failed one you're kick back to orbit. so no afk farming. but looks like you'll still get drops from fail runs no matter what, so I guess people just can't AFK and have to keep going back into Forge for it. I think a good team farming Nightmare Hunts would be better/more fun.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Headseeker is a god tier perk on aggressive pulse rifles. Always loved it on my old Blast Furnace and with the buff to high impact pulse it seems that it’s meta again. Look for it on the season pass pulse rifle.

Last edited:
Headseeker is a god tier perk on aggressive pulse rifles. Always loved it on my old Blast Furnace and with the buff to high impact pulse it seems that it’s meta again. Look for it on the season pass pulse rifle.

is that the one which if you have some bodyshots then the headshot will do extra damage? I never really like it that much since it's kinda counter productive imo. I can see it being useful sometimes but having to go for bodyshots in order to make the perk useful seems not worth it...

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m surprised it’s in the number 3 spot on steam again currently.

Yea... they’re pretty generous with the new weapons. I have a shit ton already ...

They kinda suck tho

Trogdor1123

I’m surprised it’s in the number 3 spot on steam again currently.

Yea... they’re pretty generous with the new weapons. I have a shit ton already ...

They kinda suck tho
I don't know, the sword is awesome. Gnawing is pretty great too.

I also just noticed that 21% delerium Hasan sunset of 1060 for power... Is this a joke? You spend a whole season grinding gambit and the pull the pin?

Not cool at all.

Got my ll to 1020 last night.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned

I also just noticed that 21% delerium Hasan sunset of 1060 for power... Is this a joke? You spend a whole season grinding gambit and the pull the pin?

Not cool at all.

Delirium is an older weapon at this point. I deleted all those pinnacle weapons so far except Revoker as I plan on milking it in trials till I can’t anymore. Gnawing Hunger is also a reprised gambit prime weapon (which I somehow never had drop ever in almost two years until this season) so that’s not new but arguably the best auto rifle in the game.

Yea the sword is cool. And the season pass sword is also supposed to be its own unique sword type but haven’t unlocked it yet. Same goes for the pulse... good things being said but the rest so far don’t do much for me.

And I’m saying this having realized that last two season’s weapons have become staples of my current loadout so that may change. I was a bit lukewarm about the seraph weapons last season too... but now that sidearm is possibly my all time favorite weapon in the game.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Not cool at all.

All pinnacle weapons will be sunset, they are too powerful compared to the rest of the guns and Bungie doesn't have the ability to do as much balancing as they need to, that's why so many of the guns now roll with the same boring perks over and over.

There is a 0 percent chance that the new sword isn't nerfed within 6 months. WAY to overpowered compared to the sandbox. I wish they'd stop and realize ALOT of stuff that ends up being broken is due to the stupid mods that they insist on keeping in the game instead of replacing with decent perks for us to chase. I think the sword would still be OP, but add in the sword mod and it melts everything with ease.

Gnawing is awesome because it's right back to boring ass year 1 meta for most in the crucible. I rarely switch to my other weapon when I have it out, there is no need. It has the range of a scout rifle with the stability of a pulse rifle, except with 4 times the magazine of either. They need to do a real dig into overlap on gun types and the ones that work too well in ranges that are meant for other types.

Trogdor1123

All pinnacle weapons will be sunset, they are too powerful compared to the rest of the guns and Bungie doesn't have the ability to do as much balancing as they need to, that's why so many of the guns now roll with the same boring perks over and over.

There is a 0 percent chance that the new sword isn't nerfed within 6 months. WAY to overpowered compared to the sandbox. I wish they'd stop and realize ALOT of stuff that ends up being broken is due to the stupid mods that they insist on keeping in the game instead of replacing with decent perks for us to chase. I think the sword would still be OP, but add in the sword mod and it melts everything with ease.

Gnawing is awesome because it's right back to boring ass year 1 meta for most in the crucible. I rarely switch to my other weapon when I have it out, there is no need. It has the range of a scout rifle with the stability of a pulse rifle, except with 4 times the magazine of either. They need to do a real dig into overlap on gun types and the ones that work too well in ranges that are meant for other types.
Which mod do you mean for the sword?

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Delirium is an older weapon at this point. I deleted all those pinnacle weapons so far except Revoker as I plan on milking it in trials till I can’t anymore. Gnawing Hunger is also a reprised gambit prime weapon (which I somehow never had drop ever in almost two years until this season) so that’s not new but arguably the best auto rifle in the game.

Yea the sword is cool. And the season pass sword is also supposed to be its own unique sword type but haven’t unlocked it yet. Same goes for the pulse... good things being said but the rest so far don’t do much for me.

And I’m saying this having realized that last two season’s weapons have become staples of my current loadout so that may change. I was a bit lukewarm about the seraph weapons last season too... but now that sidearm is possibly my all time favorite weapon in the game.
I know it's old but there are people who are probably grinding it right now to only find this out. It's also fair that something's be op that require that much work....

Basically same setup as last 3, now instead of leveling up a bunker you level up a talking trashcan by the drifter. Do bounties, rinse and repeat

Hah, sure but there were tricks to doing the bunkers more efficiently and stuff like that is what I mean. Or like you didn't want to cash in certain season pass rewards until x level and crap like that. You do make it sound like a thrilling season, lol, good thing I've got like 3 other games I'm currently playing.

Dthomp

Hah, sure but there were tricks to doing the bunkers more efficiently and stuff like that is what I mean. Or like you didn't want to cash in certain season pass rewards until x level and crap like that. You do make it sound like a thrilling season, lol, good thing I've got like 3 other games I'm currently playing.

Sure, but if the gameplay loop requires tricks to just level something up and there is no substance we end up with a game that people play without really any reason to do so....so I guess just habit? I skipped the last two seasons because I feel like the game has never been at a more boring place. The bounty system to level up a terrible XP path is just unrewarding. Give me a reason to want to play strikes/Nightfalls, give me raids that are fun and are not so mechanic heavy that nobody wants to teach or learn it (Infact, bring back normal mode (no tokens), and hard mode (no revives) from D1), I enjoy crucible, but still not a single gun roll worth chasing from it at all.

As far as the cash in XP part, there are no new exotics that you can just earn in game at all so no reason to cash any of them in at all (Another thing that needs revamping, new releases need to start adding a minimum amount of new exotics to the loot pool, not the XP path).

Trogdor1123

I don't have the name handy, but it's on rotation I think daily from the Drifter butthole up on the wall where you get your bounties from. It's like 4 or 5 energy to equip but gives some crazy boosts.
I'll take a look tonight. I don't think I've even attached a mod to my sword yet...

Dthomp

I'll take a look tonight. I don't think I've even attached a mod to my sword yet...

It's an armor mod that buffs the sword, that way you still have a mod slot open for your sword. I got a roll last night with Surrounded, so I may masterwork it with a surrounded spec mod and see just how dumb it is

Trogdor1123

It's an armor mod that buffs the sword, that way you still have a mod slot open for your sword. I got a roll last night with Surrounded, so I may masterwork it with a surrounded spec mod and see just how dumb it is
Can you get surrounded with energy transfer on it? Could be a pretty nice combo

Dthomp

Can you get surrounded with energy transfer on it? Could be a pretty nice combo

I'd be the wrong person to ask what can roll, I don't care enough to look that stuff up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My random roll had Surrounded and the perk that returns Sword ammo on the second power kill I think? Not that any of that is needed, two power swings and damn near everything is dead

VertigoOA

Banned
Striker’s Surehand with surrounded and surrounded spec mod was the most powerful sword I had. Melted champions. Something similar should be just a great. Don’t know what that would be yet tho.

I’m not the biggest fan of surrounded on anything other than close-range weapons but I’d choose rampage or kill clip over it for pve for everything but swords. It’s only kind of good on swords mostly ... Theres probably some boss dps sword roll somewhere but I don’t know what it is yet.

I know it's old but there are people who are probably grinding it right now to only find this out. It's also fair that something's be op that require that much work....

It’s why I wouldn’t suggest doing any content out of year 3 right now. It’s a bummer for those new right now to that content for sure.... I’m still gonna chase not forgotten tho. I hope there’s new fabled and legend rank pinnacle weapons for the fall to chase at least.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Striker’s Surehand with surrounded and surrounded spec mod was the most powerful sword I had. Melted champions. Something similar should be just a great. Don’t know what that would be yet tho.

I’m not the biggest fan of surrounded on anything other than close-range weapons but I’d choose rampage or kill clip over it for pve for everything but swords. It’s only kind of good on swords mostly ... Theres probably some boss dps sword roll somewhere but I don’t know what it is yet.

It’s why I wouldn’t suggest doing any content out of year 3 right now. It’s a bummer for those new right now to that content for sure.... I’m still gonna chase not forgotten tho. I hope there’s new fabled and legend rank pinnacle weapons for the fall to chase at least.
Agreed, it really forces that removal of content... Not a fan

Mithos

I've been playing a little bit again the last week, and have soon updated all my gear to at least 1000. some are higher...
But ran into the boring wall really fast since I'm only on the F2P version.

No Forsaken or Shadowkeep for me yet.

VertigoOA

Banned
Can I just say, I started again recently, and the Hammerhead is a beautiful piece of machinery that I'd marry if I could.

Hammerhead is great. Play Titan and run the Actium War Rig exotic chest piece, pair with an auto rifle... no reloading necessary for both. Good times

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Only thing I’m missing on bad juju catalyst is one triumph. Thanks for reminding me since that content is disappearing (as is everything related to leviathan).

I need to get Acrius, Anarchy and Tarrabah before September. The adjusted drop rates should guarantee one but who knows how we will be able to obtain them in the future if that content is gone.

I haven’t heard anything on Scourge of the Past being removed or not. Sure it’s a short raid but it’s also the most unique and best ones in the series. The city element in the beginning, the sparrow section... and the giant mech boss battle is my all time favorite boss fight in destiny ...large arena, lots of movement, and a boss that actually does stuff and moves! Hope it’s staying. I could care less about the other cut content honestly.

Dthomp

100%, it's nuts. I'd rather a really tedious quest than this. I think you can buy close to 40 of the required ones but then you have to gain the rest through triumphs.

The requirements to meet for the Juju catalyst were beyond dumb, it was designed to burn through players bright dust/legendary shards since players had so many of them and nothing to do. I'm over catalysts at this point, I'd rather they just make the exotics great from teh start and not need to make them worse and wait for a catalyst to be good

Trogdor1123

The requirements to meet for the Juju catalyst were beyond dumb, it was designed to burn through players bright dust/legendary shards since players had so many of them and nothing to do. I'm over catalysts at this point, I'd rather they just make the exotics great from teh start and not need to make them worse and wait for a catalyst to be good
But, the grind!

Dthomp

But, the grind!

Lol, I hate that argument cause the things I enjoyed grinding in D1 are not the same as the "grind" they have in D2. Grinding in D1 meant running activities like PVP/Strikes to get god rolls. In D2 its collect tokens and shards and sit at a vendor for 3 days giving mats, or take infinite bounties and sit in a lost sector shooting things, then when the playerbase dwindles down two weeks in they wonder why. The fact that the vendors haven't been refreshed in two years has nothing to do with that either I suppose...

VertigoOA

Banned
I’d prefer if loot was all rng to begin with and much rarer to acquire than it is now. What I miss most is crucible rewards screens.

Even without vendor refreshes D2 has more than likely eclipsed the amount of weapons there were in d1. And with all the seasonal frequency... definitely more.

It looks like they’re shrinking the relevant loot pool anyway tho. The changes this season alone is pretty drastic. Im not even sure playlist exclusive weapons exist anymore to earn.

I’m going to do my best to get a good set of high stat seasonal void armor for the season. Need to replace my dawn set.

Last edited:

Ballistic

I’d prefer if loot was all rng to begin with and much rarer to acquire than it is now. What I miss most is crucible rewards screens.

This! Reward screens and the hate when someone on your fire team got exotic or god roll you were chasing. When I saw that perk on a gun, I wanted to see what I got. Now I just want to delete anything that isn’t the right power level Without even looking.

It wasn’t just running activities, you ran activities to earn Xp towards something. Sometimes it was upgrading your weapon, armor, faction, vanguard, crucible, or whatever else. You wanted to go see Xur to see what he had,not that it didn’t hurt he sold heavy synths, or check each vendor. The power grind is horrible when there isn’t a reason other than speed running to reach a power level just to run a dungeon or raid.

I tolerate D2 PVP, but can only endure it in brief amounts. If I wanted to play COD, I would. D1 allowed players of many skills to find their niche. If you liked slow and from a distance then you had a place. If fly by the seat of your pants was your deal, then you had your place. This monstrosity is built for one type of player, quick twitch or go home. Funny thing is, the crowd they built it for moved on. D2 is shinier, but it’s no longer inclusive of all play styles.

Trogdor1123

I'd be the wrong person to ask what can roll, I don't care enough to look that stuff up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My random roll had Surrounded and the perk that returns Sword ammo on the second power kill I think? Not that any of that is needed, two power swings and damn near everything is dead
Well I just got it actually, I'll try it out and see how it goes

Dthomp

The surrounded roll I had I was not a fan of, I think Surrounded will be a good situational roll. Still rocking the XP path one for now. I like Whirlwind Blade and think that's the perk I want since you need to wait for the power melee to recharge, just need that with something better then Energy Transfer and I'm in business. The sword makes mincemeat out of almost everything as is.

Top Bottom