• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Dthomp

Completed the dungeon solo. Probably my favorite in terms of encounter variety and aesthetic. Really loved it. I wont be attempting flawless though. Not until I get that raid sparrow, Always on Time, at least. The sparrow part in this dungeon is just way too up to chance on a normal sparrow. Maybe someone will find the perfect route but as of now attempting flawless runs only to possibly get instantly deleted at the sparrow part does not sound fun.

I need to do the dungeon again for the Gjallarhorn catalyst though so if anyone wants to run it today, I'm down.

Overall, this update is fantastic. The only part I don't care for is the silly Xur game show stuff. The 6-man encounter itself is quite good, it's just the gameshow theme is... eh.

That's interesting to know it can be done solo, I did get a clear last night, but honestly I didn't think it was possible even with the raid sparrow (Was using it) to get through without at least a second person to grab the zone after you've passed it. You must have to hit every extra mine to get there in time.

I'd run with you, but I assume you're on PC like 90% of the people who post here so it's a little harder for me to communicate, unless you don't mind the ingame chat. I don't have anything near my couch that I can hook up to discord with (Old ass phone, no battery life) so I'm limited to just my PS5 headset through my system.

I'm kind of already over this update. The Xur thing is beyond dumb, and I'm over these 6 person PVE activities to level up an NPC enough to get random item I probably don't care about. They need to at least have an entire weapon set per season and not just the 4 that are in that activity. The Dungeon is fine, I'm actually a lil happy that it isn't going to be the bitch to get through solo or duo that Prophecy was. However now that Prophecy isn't pinnacle, I'll never find people to run it to try for the weapons (Only got a couple shit rolls).

I doubt it, but I really would like to see Witch Queen ditch the whole level vendor up each week to get all the stuff from random boring after 4 runs 6 person activities. I'd rather the teams work on better Dungeons and awesome Raids...and I don't know more then 1 new PVP map a year? then a new random activity. The other thing that bugs me about this activity is the Hard mode not having matchmaking. These activities are brainless, stop gatekeeping people that don't have a Raid squad that want to waste the time for whatever Triumph it has attached to it.

I love the old D1 guns coming back (Mainly cause D2 guns tend to suck), I just wish they would have been in the Xur activity and put the dumb Halo guns into the Dungeon. A vast majority of players play on or at least put most of their time into this as a Playstation game (Due to more content being there), I as a Playstation guy have no attachment to any of the Halo weapons, but I suppose it's so you can't farm a god roll Matador or Eyasluna in the first day. Instead you can get an almost god roll Eyasluna (Sureshot/RR/Outlaw/KC), 2 Warlock Bonds...., and a shitty Sword.

I'll end this with my final thought...Can Swords just fuck off already? Do we need 3 every update? You need 1 damn sword in your vault, we don't need a Halo Sword and a Dungeon Sword in the same update. Carry on.

LordCBH

Dares of Eternity is flat out fucking broken. Final encounter crashes to desktop on PC and PS5 70% of the time. When I shoot 1K, when I use my super, when using Gjally, when shooting a sniper. Like a 70% chance it just fucking crashes the entire game. What's worse is the stupid starhorse bounties have to be done in one go, so crashing resets the bounty. 15 minutes of time gone, and all bounty progress lost with no rewards to show for it. Did they even test this mode at all?

I know I said I wouldn't but went for flawless. Got it on my second attempt. First run I died at, that's right, the sparrow part. Ran top tree Dawn or Well of Radiance throughout the whole dungeon. Used Sleeper for DPS.

LpBWjUp.png

This has to be the easiest dungeon to solo flawless. The last boss is kinda annoying because of how tanky the two adds are but otherwise it's kind of a cakewalk start to finish.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I know I said I wouldn't but went for flawless. Got it on my second attempt. First run I died at, that's right, the sparrow part. Ran top tree Dawn or Well of Radiance throughout the whole dungeon. Used Sleeper for DPS.

LpBWjUp.png

This has to be the easiest dungeon to solo flawless. The last boss is kinda annoying because of how tanky the two adds are but otherwise it's kind of a cakewalk start to finish.

I was trying for the solo last night on console, got caught up at the ogre boss and it just got too late. Had a good damage run going and he ran up into my well and just exploded me. Can't imagine trying solo flawless on console, way too many random factors that seem like they could kill the run. Is that emblem for solo flawless or just flawless?

I was trying for the solo last night on console, got caught up at the ogre boss and it just got too late. Had a good damage run going and he ran up into my well and just exploded me. Can't imagine trying solo flawless on console, way too many random factors that seem like they could kill the run. Is that emblem for solo flawless or just flawless?

Emblem is for solo flawless. Sadly there is only a triumph for solo. Prophecy had a ghost shell for solo, kinda lame there's nothing like that for this one.

Dthomp

Emblem is for solo flawless. Sadly there is only a triumph for solo. Prophecy had a ghost shell for solo, kinda lame there's nothing like that for this one.

This is one of my biggest gripes with the direction they have taken D2. I don't want to play a multiplayer game solo, and lets be honest 95% of clears solo are done on PC, putting console players in an even tighter window to accomplish things. I miss the days of D1 where you got rewarded for playing with others, not punished. I've tried so many times on Prophecy solo only to fail cause of one mistake or just infinite team fire in the boss arena, and same with this new one, any time I get good dps in on the ogre he just decides to go crazy aggro and can burn you out of a well instantly.

This is one of my biggest gripes with the direction they have taken D2. I don't want to play a multiplayer game solo, and lets be honest 95% of clears solo are done on PC, putting console players in an even tighter window to accomplish things. I miss the days of D1 where you got rewarded for playing with others, not punished. I've tried so many times on Prophecy solo only to fail cause of one mistake or just infinite team fire in the boss arena, and same with this new one, any time I get good dps in on the ogre he just decides to go crazy aggro and can burn you out of a well instantly.

I don't know, solo dungeons are pretty much the only specifically solo awarded stuff right. I guess Lost Sectors too but that's a pretty minor part of the game.

Where are you going during DPS phase for the ogre? I think there's 3 really good spots: the left (left from entrance) interior if it's open, and then the right up top behind cover or on the right where you bottom under cover. All of these offer an escape if he's killing you in your Well.

Also put on double Void resist on your chest armor if you can. Then if really desperate you can put on The Stag. Should not be able to kill you then.

Z0MFj4p.jpg

Last edited:
I missed the first 2 weeks or so of the 30th anniversary because of FFXIV. so the last week or so I had been slowly catching back up on the new things. got the G-horn and finished the catalyst. also got the Arbalest catalyst and the Forerunner. still need to get Forerunner catalyst thou so I had been brain dead grinding Dare while working. got a lot of the Dare weapons too, but still looking for a BXR with demolitionist and adrenaline junkie. still need to do the higher tier runs for both Grasp and Dare thou. also, did get this Glacioclasm thou, so I guess my luck isn't too bad

0oBbcae.jpg

Last edited:

Balboa

I've solo'd the Ogre boss at least 4 times and I always hug the back of the crystal in a well for DPS, you can strafe behind the crystal between shots to avoid any accidental deaths it usually takes 3 phases using 1KV and an energy fusion.

DonJorginho

Banned
Are the Halo inspired guns still available to get? If so, how long would it take to get them all bar Forerunner, haven't played the game in a good few months now and wanna get back into it leading up to TWQ DLC.

Dthomp

Are the Halo inspired guns still available to get? If so, how long would it take to get them all bar Forerunner, haven't played the game in a good few months now and wanna get back into it leading up to TWQ DLC.

Yeah, they are easy to get, just another extremely boring PVE activity that you have to play 10000 times

Well they're changing the way orbs work. All weapons can generate them, even Exotics that don't have catalysts, which is good and I've been requesting it for ages.

BUT, it's going to require mods in head armor, sounds like 1 for each ammo type. So it's going to be a slot hog.

Bungie monkey paw strikes again.

Balboa

They could have just made all Exotics generate orbs with or without a catalyst, but of course they're just looking for ways to fuck with everybody's builds and get the grind started all over again

Dthomp

I’m in the minority, but I was hoping we’d see them do away with orbs from weapon kills to put more focus on your point distribution on armors.

splattered

Ok what the HELL did they do to PVP in this game recently? I take a break to go play other stuff... then come back last week to try the new dares of eternity activity and let my son show me some new PVE stuff. All great. Game feels just like i remember it. Then i hop into PVP today and get ABSOLUTELY SHREDDED. Like, not a little... but a LOT. I spoke to a friend that lives and breathes destiny and he said they made all sorts of changes and the game is more like Call of Duty now and i need to rebuild my character. I follow his advice, re-mod my armor, and jump back in. Nope. It was just match after match of me screaming at the TV. Before today i was actually pretty damn decent at the PVP. Now i'm bottom of the bracket every. single. match. Everyone is running with sniper rifles and one shotting me from every distance and angle possible. I can't peek around a single corner a tiny bit without getting my head popped. Almost always head shots. I get killed from single melee strikes by every class when i have full health and shield. This game's PVP just feels like pure trash now. Broken. What the hell did they DO?

Raven117

Gold Member
Ok what the HELL did they do to PVP in this game recently? I take a break to go play other stuff... then come back last week to try the new dares of eternity activity and let my son show me some new PVE stuff. All great. Game feels just like i remember it. Then i hop into PVP today and get ABSOLUTELY SHREDDED. Like, not a little... but a LOT. I spoke to a friend that lives and breathes destiny and he said they made all sorts of changes and the game is more like Call of Duty now and i need to rebuild my character. I follow his advice, re-mod my armor, and jump back in. Nope. It was just match after match of me screaming at the TV. Before today i was actually pretty damn decent at the PVP. Now i'm bottom of the bracket every. single. match. Everyone is running with sniper rifles and one shotting me from every distance and angle possible. I can't peek around a single corner a tiny bit without getting my head popped. Almost always head shots. I get killed from single melee strikes by every class when i have full health and shield. This game's PVP just feels like pure trash now. Broken. What the hell did they DO?
Meh. D2 pvp hasn't been particularly awesome.

(I actually liked the longer TTK back in original D2, but they did away with that).

What's honestly amazing to me that after 8 years, they still can't quite figure the game out.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Not a fan of pvp but played some over the weekend to advance a quest and didn’t find it much different. The new exotic side arm is easy mode for sure (when I’m on top of the score board something ain’t right lol). But same shit as soon as you fall behind a little everyone quits out so soon 2 v 6 so it’s no fun and I just stopped after a few games.

Arcoss map head shots or shotgun zergs, not much else going on.

splattered

Ok so... is Dares of Eternity supposed to take this long to level up? Ugh starting to feel like a slog... i've probably run it 20+ times doing bounties and even buying extra Xur bounties and doing the horse bounties. Only just hit level 6 tonight. And i'm supposed to hit 16 to get all the rewards? Arghhh

*Also in all the times i've run it i've only hit the lightning round once, and i REALLY want that shader. Feel like i'm never gonna get it.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Ok so... is Dares of Eternity supposed to take this long to level up? Ugh starting to feel like a slog... i've probably run it 20+ times doing bounties and even buying extra Xur bounties and doing the horse bounties. Only just hit level 6 tonight. And i'm supposed to hit 16 to get all the rewards? Arghhh

*Also in all the times i've run it i've only hit the lightning round once, and i REALLY want that shader. Feel like i'm never gonna get it.
Ya takes ~100 runs. This content is supposed to run past witch queen so it's not meant as a rush to complete.

Also there is a streak bonus which is fucking stupid so if you want to do some soul crushing grinding it does speed it up.

splattered

Oh ok thanks, someone told me this stuff was going away once witch queen landed so i was worried i wouldn't be able to get the rewards soon. That takes some stress off it at least.

been farming Dare a little chasing after that BXR with demolitionist and adrenaline junkie. so far no luck. did get a lot of other decent rolls on all sorts of weapons thou, so that's nice. might go to farm some Gambit tomorrow since it's double xp this week I think. I've also only done the Master GOA dungeon a few times and it's definitely a fun farm. might try and see if I can do a few more runs of it this weekend.

I, for one, welcomes our Sony overlord.

Bungie will still remain independent and multiplatform, before anyone gets their panties all bunched up.

Last edited:

Dthomp

God, I can only hope Sony actually steps in and gives some sort of improvement to the awful parts of the game (seasons).

Y0ssarian

Banned
Hello frens
I haven't played since Forsaken. Can I jump in with the Witch Queen and be up to date with level, or would i need to complete old content? Thank you

doing some Crucible to get some quest done and I'm reminded again how much I HATE hand cannons in PvP. my aim is so so to start with, but using pulse or scout and losing duels at mid to long range to hand cannons are the most bullshit of bullshits.

was doing GMNF with Dr. Samuel Hayden and someone from LFG. got to the other side of the tracks and was clearing stuff behind cover. I had a rift down and all 3 of us are in it while a flying piece of rock hit us. nobody died or anything... at first. then 3 or 4 seconds later, all 3 of us died at the same time and wiped. one of the most hilarious thing I've ran into :messenger_tears_of_joy:

was doing GMNF with Dr. Samuel Hayden and someone from LFG. got to the other side of the tracks and was clearing stuff behind cover. I had a rift down and all 3 of us are in it while a flying piece of rock hit us. nobody died or anything... at first. then 3 or 4 seconds later, all 3 of us died at the same time and wiped. one of the most hilarious thing I've ran into :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yup... sigh

Anyone up for doing GMNFs? Suddenly have an itch to do them for some reason.

finally got around on running GMNF with Dr. Samuel Hayden and all I got was a Swarm. decent roll at least. honestly, when compare with before the Arbalest buff, Proving Grounds is so much more manageable now. still a bitch to run but a little easier. and thanks to the doc I was also able to finish my season challenges for the big pile of bright dust, so all in all a productive day :messenger_grinning_smiling:

S0ULZB0URNE

GM's are my thing.
This week we are getting Lake of Shadows with Hung Jury and Hot Head dropping so the grind will be real.

Last edited:
GM's are my thing.
This week we are getting Lake of Shadows with Hung Jury and Hot Head dropping so the grind will be real.

Up for playing if you are, just LMK.

same here. already got a decent Hung Jury roll but can always have a few more.

on a side note, finally got the BXR roll I want, with demolitionist and adrenaline junkie. even has decent range too. also got the MMXXI title done, so there's that too. rest of the week I think I'll probably grind some master GOA and maybe some Iron Banner when I have time. also get some bounties at the ready for next season boosting.

Top Bottom