• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

VertigoOA

Banned
I didn’t even keep those. I wanted those cores. There’s no reason to keep any of it other than attachment.

Empire Hunts pretty much become nightfall strikes with heroic difficulties unlocked ... match made too

just a little reminder. today one of the 1250 lost sector is Bunker E15 on Europa and the reward if solo includes a chance of hands exotic armor. due to the fact that you can get a bunch of helper bots taking shoots for you, I find that this one is easier to do. only shielded mob inside is Void shield and as long as you don't rush it, it shouldn't be all that hard. especially since the last boss room you can basically just hang out in the entrance tunnel and take shoots there with some heavy. did it twice and got my Necrotic Grip. highly recommend Thermal Overload mod from the artifact and any AOE long lasting grenades from solar or stasis. can really keep the Overload champs stun long enough for you to take it out. and of course, Anarchy can really take advantage of this if you have it.

So is there any point in keeping items that are sunset in the vault? Except for the rare ones, like Recluse, Revoker etc.

kinda depends on if you like doing casual PvP or not I guess. that and if you want to switch things up from time to time. I had deleted most of the more PvE stuff but kept a few weapon rolls that's more PvP focus in case I want to switch things up. but otherwise, just scrap them all for the resauce.

Last edited:

Dthomp

So is there any point in keeping items that are sunset in the vault? Except for the rare ones, like Recluse, Revoker etc.

Only if you want to be that tool in PVP still running around with the old broken weapons (looking at douche still running Mountaintop/Recluse/Not Forgotten). Otherwise, no there is no reason to hang onto anything older. Really questioning why on earth they didn't just go full Taken King on our shit outside of they are too lazy/untalented to come up with an entire new loot pool for us. I'm already bored to tears of the 4 new weapons we got. They really need to spend one whole season or just delay one and do a full entire vendor style refresh. Remove planetary vendors having loot pools, add those to world loot drops, add like 12-15 guns that only can be obtained from Banshee and shrink the pool of older weapons he offers, full updates to Shaxx, Zavala, Drifter, and Saint (Not just trials only guys). Turn on the old faction vendors again and use them to reintroduce D1 guns and armor sets since thats easy and right there. Each Strike gets 1 weapon that can only drop from it's strike and some have armors only to that one for unique bosses (LOL right). There Bungo, I fixed your weapon/drop system problem for you, how bought you give me a job and spend 1 less salary paying some streamer to do nothing of value for you.

finally finished a run of DSC, which left me about 2.5 hrs to sleep and get up for work now :messenger_tears_of_joy: got boots, bond and helmet, along with a hand cannon. gona get back on tomorrow and sort stuff out.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
How hard is the raid? I'm looking to try it once the ps5 update drops on the 7th.

I've literally never completed a raid. I need a Sherpa for my pathetic skills (I'm really not that bad), just no friends play destiny.

Last edited:

Dthomp

How hard is the raid? I'm looking to try it once the ps5 update drops on the 7th.

I've literally never completed a raid. I need a Sherpa for my pathetic skills (I'm really not that bad), just no friends play destiny.

Why wait? It'll be the same raid after then, and it's actually IMO one of the easiest raids they've made once you understand the mechanic of the raid. If there were enough folk playing on the Playstation consoles I'd try to sherpa a group through it sometime this week.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Why wait? It'll be the same raid after then, and it's actually IMO one of the easiest raids they've made once you understand the mechanic of the raid. If there were enough folk playing on the Playstation consoles I'd try to sherpa a group through it sometime this week.
I was going to give more time to demon's souls first then jump back into it.

I'm wondering if I can get my kid running destiny 2 on my PS4 with all the content and then also run it on my ps5... Could be a fun way to play some through. Does that work? It would be on her account. But the game was bought on mine.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I was going to give more time to demon's souls first then jump back into it.

I'm wondering if I can get my kid running destiny 2 on my PS4 with all the content and then also run it on my ps5... Could be a fun way to play some through. Does that work? It would be on her account. But the game was bought on mine.

As long as the PS4 is set up as your primary PS4 console she can play all your stuff on there other then the season pass stuff since that is locked to your ingame profile. My wife tried to get into 1 a few times and 2 once and had access to everything.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
As long as the PS4 is set up as your primary PS4 console she can play all your stuff on there other then the season pass stuff since that is locked to your ingame profile. My wife tried to get into 1 a few times and 2 once and had access to everything.
Perfect, once all the new tvs and furniture show up tomorrow I'll set it up for them.

Thanks

Dthomp

With the ps5 coming out and a busy schedule I have missed a few weeks of stuff. Do I permanently miss those?

Nothing that has happened yet (Which isn't much really), should be missable. Haven't had anything outside of Lament quest which should be there all season

HoodWinked

There are only 3 exo challenges. Probably will rotate weekly. Also Europa is the yearly update. The season of the hunt is the seasonal content. So all the europa stuff won't be going away anytime soon.

VertigoOA

Banned
So, interesting theory floating about.

Lightfall will be literal. They will sunset existing light subclasses as they won’t get a rework to be like the current darkness subclass tree just yet.

If every yearly darkness expansions introduces its own new one as expected ... I look forward to it regardless

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Anyone know if the ps5 version supports the new controllers triggers and stuff?

Warnen

It does not, I mean maybe with the December update for next gen, but I also don't expect it too.

Cools, debating weather to pick up the expasion on ps5 too. Guess can wait till next week see if it plays better then the Xbox series x version.

VertigoOA

Banned
I doubt I’ll support Dual Sense triggers. I’m not sure you want that anyway. As a PS5 owner I not a fan of the controller.

I’m still using my Razer Raiju on PS5 and I’m worried this update will lock me out of using PS4 pads. I’m sorry, I think the Dual Sense squishy buttons and spring resistance is horrible for action games in general.

VertigoOA

Banned
So all my gear is 1050+ but my power level is in the low 900s? I’m confused

You? I’m confused ...

Umm... Did you just start playing? I say thi because I don’t know what they start you at. Equip the gear? It’ll bring up your power/gear score up as an avg across all pieces.

Finally did a Legendary lost sectors for the new Titan head armor exotic. Got it on the first completion.

I assume we can farm all exotic head armor pieces thru that sector for instance (when it’s in rotation). I wonder if they have high stat roll potential ... hmm

I start having too many armor loadout options and it became difficult to manage. Scrapped a bunch of good pierces and started working on a newer min/max build. It’s stressing me out but at least I made some shards....

Last edited:

LordCBH

You? I’m confused ...

Umm... Did you just start playing? I say thi because I don’t know what they start you at. Equip the gear? It’ll bring up your power/gear score up as an avg across all pieces.

Finally did a Legendary lost sectors for the new Titan head armor exotic. Got it on the first completion.

I assume we can farm all exotic head armor pieces thru that sector for instance (when it’s in rotation). I wonder if they have high stat roll potential ... hmm
No, I’ve been playing for a while, I just hadn’t played in a few weeks. Log in this morning expecting to see 1050ish on the character select menu for my warlock, but it’s down in the low 900’s for some reason. My other two characters that I haven’t touched in the new expansion are over 1000

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Finally did the aspect of control aspect for stasis. Was kinda fun. Also got lament, and finished my 400th strike for symmetries catalyst... Which still requires more kills... Now to finish eiriannas vow

Excited for ps5 patch on Tuesday

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Clearly my favorite game. Feels like I’ve been playing Bungie shooters at 30fps forever... probably have too.

And being able to go 120hz and having never experienced that before either (I love crucible most)

I expect it to be a transformative experience and I’m hyped as fuck. Heh

Mithos

No, I’ve been playing for a while, I just hadn’t played in a few weeks. Log in this morning expecting to see 1050ish on the character select menu for my warlock, but it’s down in the low 900’s for some reason. My other two characters that I haven’t touched in the new expansion are over 1000

Make sure your items you have equipped are not temporary disabled by Bungie.
I had a similar thing happen a while back then I noticed that one of the equipped items said temporary disabled, they had to fix a bug on a weapon and had made it unequippable for those that didnt have it equipped, and those that had it equipped didnt get the stats from it.

HoodWinked

Well all that about how the pvp meta was the most flexible it has ever been with the viability of so many guns. Well that was quick, hawkmoon is taking over and it's not even in its final form.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Well all that about how the pvp meta was the most flexible it has ever been with the viability of so many guns. Well that was quick, hawkmoon is taking over and it's not even in its final form.

I think it's the new shiny toy. Maybe on PC it'll be something special, but so far on console I'm not really overly impressed. It's gimmicky since it's biggest use is like all 140s with the 3 tap potential. I wish they'd have just made this a new exotic, cause this brings shame to the name Hawkmoon for me.

I fully expect the meta to go right back to where it was, Felwinters Crutch everywhere and retards running around with stasis easy kills. Crucible has never been any less Skill required then it is right now.

Warnen

prob using a disabled item, happened to me when they nuked a Warlock exotic, try swapping gear.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Anyone have a good link to a hunter stasis build? I just realized last night I was still using my Orpheus rig since launch mindlessly and saw my build was completely out of date too.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I just started this game 2 days ago. New to Destiny, this game is addictive af.

beyond light was on gamepass so figured I’d give it a go. already thinking about buying the season pass.

edit: game can be a bit confusing to a new player at times, if anyone has any recs for new player guides/beginner videos, lmk!

@peso , did you ever find a useful new player guide? I need one too. It is overwhelming to a new player.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Anyone have a good link to a hunter stasis build? I just realized last night I was still using my Orpheus rig since launch mindlessly and saw my build was completely out of date too.

you need to get all the aspects and fragments but there are two main tracks for hunters, a glacier freeze loadout or a slow duskfield loadout. best exotics are Bakris, Frostees, Stompees

Glacier nade + fissures + shards
with this build you throw out the grenade then shattered dive does massive aoe damage and also speeds up the grenade cooldown when you shatter a crystal

Duskfield nade + durance + hedrons
durance makes duskfield last longer, also makes the super last longer as well. hedrons requires targets to be frozen but it's still the best stand alone fragment.

Top Bottom