• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

DeaDPo0L84

Randomly booted this up on PC after not playing during the season that focused on gambit. I have been playing the hell out of CoD Warzone so the gunplay "felt" slower but after an hour or so it clicked like riding a bicycle. For some reason the game seems extra...pretty? I play on PC @ 1440p 120fps and zipping around different planets with all the standard chaos that happens was a real visual treat, enough so that I turned to my wife and was like "I don't remember it looking this good". I absolutely am lost on what the hell to do at this point, have no clan, only 1 friend who plays but more on the casual side, I kinda been keeping up with the fireteam chat to have a small idea of what's happening but that's about the extent of it.

Kinda getting burnt out on CoD Warzone and want something to break up the repetitiveness of it so hoping Destiny can get its hooks in me again, excited to know apparently a big update is coming in a few days. This game is like a love/hate relationship, I feel like a battered wife who keeps getting the shit kicked out of me but I keep coming back cause I see a little bit of good and hope for the best.

Tesseract

Banned
having fun with whatever this monster of a game has become, content for days

pvp is aight, dunno what to make of it yet, learning the ropes

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Pvp is in a good spot now except for a handful of outliers... mostly anteus wards exotic for titans. Stay out of 6v6 modes and it’s a good time.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
HDgQ8E6.jpg

VertigoOA

Banned

D2 vanilla campaign. Just some visual destruction from when the first tower from D1 got attacked in the beginning of D2.

Edit: never noticed but that’s the actual D1 tower itself. You can play that mission of course and experience it for yourself. I think the pilot chick in the hangar has all the campaign quests if you’re a new player. You can also revisit it (and more!) in the Zero Hour mission.

Some visual damage is expected to happen to the tower shortly however as people have manage to load into that instance. May happen tomorrow actually.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
D2 vanilla campaign. Just some visual destruction from when the first tower from D1 got attacked in the beginning of D2.

Edit: never noticed but that’s the actual D1 tower itself. You can play that mission of course and experience it for yourself. I think the pilot chick in the hangar has all the campaign quests if you’re a new player. You can also revisit it (and more!) in the Zero Hour mission.

Some visual damage is expected to happen to the tower shortly however as people have manage to load into that instance. May happen tomorrow actually.
Ahh I see. Got 4 horseman tonight. It is kinda meh at best.

VertigoOA

Banned
Ahh I see. Got 4 horseman tonight. It is kinda meh at best.

I just finished masterworking it. I’m not too crazy about it either. Took me awhile to get a handle on only firing one shell per shot... it’s a hair trigger. I don’t think exotics are in a great spot for PVE honestly... a god rolled legendary is the way to go right now. Exotics need a pass across the board.

Been working on a crazy shotgun build using the season of Dawn arc armor mods... umm it’s pretty nuts. Took awhile to build... but... it seems worth it. Finally have a new pve build.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I just finished masterworking it. I’m not too crazy about it either. Took me awhile to get a handle on only firing one shell per shot... it’s a hair trigger. I don’t think exotics are in a great spot for PVE honestly... a god rolled legendary is the way to go right now. Exotics need a pass across the board.

Been working on a crazy shotgun build using the season of Dawn arc armor mods... umm it’s pretty nuts. Took awhile to build... but... it seems worth it. Finally have a new pve build.
Oh neat. I agree on the exotics too. For something limited to one equipped at a time the kinda suck most of them

VertigoOA

Banned
Oh neat. I agree on the exotics too. For something limited to one equipped at a time the kinda suck most of them

Only exotic weapon I consistently run is Wardcliff Coil for rocket spam in trials.

Primary exotic weapons arguably more valuable in pvp when they do have value. Thorn and Last Word are still contenders. Bastion is insanely powerful and you dread playing against it. Jotunn is And Arbalest are up there too.

In PvE heavy weapons like Whisper of the Worm and Xenophage have value for DPS. Izanagi and Divinity combo still valuable too for endgame. But that’s about it... others are fun to use sure but I’d rather run my god roll legendaries.

And even with scrapping all my vault aside from anything waned since Shadowkeep... I still have an insanely powerful Pve loadout without needing exotics.

They need some kind of tuning or ability to slap seasonal weapon mods and mods on them too.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Only exotic weapon I consistently run is Wardcliff Coil for rocket spam in trials.

Primary exotic weapons arguably more valuable in pvp when they do have value. Thorn and Last Word are still contenders. Bastion is insanely powerful and you dread playing against it. Jotunn is And Arbalest are up there too.

In PvE heavy weapons like Whisper of the Worm and Xenophage have value for DPS. Izanagi and Divinity combo still valuable too for endgame. But that’s about it... others are fun to use sure but I’d rather run my god roll legendaries.

And even with scrapping all my vault aside from anything waned since Shadowkeep... I still have an insanely powerful Pve loadout without needing exotics.

They need some kind of tuning or ability to slap seasonal weapon mods and mods on them too.
I literally love Risk runner in PvE. Being able to clear an entire room and have full ammo still is awesome. Great for mobs.

I also really like the hand cannons, most of them are really good. I don't think I've gotten thorn yet. Did get luminia though, it's great.

What time is the update coming you think today?

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

I kinda dropped Destiny this season after reaching 100 on seasonal rewards and getting my transmog. After hearing about weapon sunsetting I didn't even wanna fire it up again, but this sounds interesting...

200.gif

VertigoOA

Banned
Well leaks have been pretty much all been true for three years in a row now. So yep D3 did indeed get reworked into this fall’s expansion and it should be huge. Everything seems true. Convinced it’s Bungie itself leaking details just for the hype machine and honestly... it’s pretty effective.

Let’s goooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

had been off for a few days but pop back up just now to do some Survival. did somewhat ok tonight, surpringly. thou I'm still not a big fan of the shotgun meta, I did pop off with Felwinter's Lie a couple times, so I can't complaint too much. probably will try to farm a couple more Seraph weapons later on the week just because. we'll see how that goes. will need to clear my storage a little thou, maybe do it over the weekend.

Well leaks have been pretty much all been true for three years in a row now. So yep D3 did indeed get reworked into this fall’s expansion and it should be huge. Everything seems true. Convinced it’s Bungie itself leaking details just for the hype machine and honestly... it’s pretty effective.

Let’s goooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, I imagine tomorrow's TWAB will have some details maybe? probably won't be much but hopefully something at least.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I kinda refuse to run shotguns. It’s just not my play style. I honestly think shotgun apes are just dumbasses... lol

I kinda refuse to run shotguns. It’s just not my play style. I honestly think shotgun apes are just dumbasses... lol

I honestly wish they have a mode that only allows weapons that uses primary ammo. no sniper, no fusion, no shoty, no nade launcher outside of Fighting Lion.

VertigoOA

Banned
I honestly wish they have a mode that only allows weapons that uses primary ammo. no sniper, no fusion, no shoty, no nade launcher outside of Fighting Lion.

It’s funny how there’s a good portion of hardcore pvprs that miss their dual primary meta but one-shot special weapons are what people like.

I run sidearms so you can shutdown shotgunners . They can close the gap and melt players at handcanon and shotgun ranges.

All sidearms are viable In both pve and pvp. Anonymous autumn, drang and the seventh seraph sidearm are my favorites. The new seventh seraph in particular because the vorpal weapon perk legit shuts down supers.

Last edited:
It’s funny how there’s a good portion of hardcore pvprs that miss their dual primary meta but one-shot special weapons are what people like.

I run sidearms so you can shutdown shotgunners . They can close the gap and melt players at handcanon and shotgun ranges.

All sidearms are viable In both pve and pvp. Anonymous autumn, drang and the seventh seraph sidearm are my favorites. The new seventh seraph in particular because the vorpal weapon perk legit shuts down supers.

yeah, I honestly should use sidearm more often. just never clicked with my loadout but I guess I should just try it out more. on a side note, finally finished the quest and got my Luna's Howl last night. don't think I'll be doing the Not Forgotten quest any time soon thou.

DeaDPo0L84

I have absolutely no clue what is going on in this game anymore, but I am looking for a clan that is accepting new members. Not gonna lie it's been awhile since I have played but I am really hoping this new content that's incoming pulls me and my friends back in.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I have absolutely no clue what is going on in this game anymore, but I am looking for a clan that is accepting new members. Not gonna lie it's been awhile since I have played but I am really hoping this new content that's incoming pulls me and my friends back in.
NeoGAF clan won't work?

VertigoOA

Banned
Something is happening tomorrow at reset. Bungie announced it. So Rasputin attacks the almighty tomorrow.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Nah, the drifter isn’t a villain.

Shaxx is the greatest of all time as far as Destiny characters go but Drifter is my second favorite.

I won’t be around to see the live event. You can just stay logged into the tower at today’s reset to experience it... unfortunately I won’t be able to play until Monday.

And I’m going back to work on Monday. Great... new season starts and I have to leave lockdown to work in Midtown Manhattan.

No riots can stop me. Fight forever guardians.

And I’m going back to work on Monday. Great... new season starts and I have to leave lockdown to work in Midtown Manhattan.

No riots can stop me. Fight forever guardians.

stay safe out there. I don't know if you support the current issues or not, but try to stay away from wherever there's protest/police. too many cases where people just passing by got attacked by police for just going through an area.

Top Bottom