• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

ultrazilla

I'm gonna be f2p at least at first see if I enjoy the game (cause I don't have that much available play time) but I'll add you. There are probs a few Kaisersoze so which is you? :p

Sorry about that.

Steam name exactly like this: NeoGAF-Kaisersoze

For Nvidia users-new driver just dropped, probably for Destiny 2 so update if you want!

Last edited:
I’m still curious as to how many people who completed the forsaken campaign only will finally get to see the dreaming city now that it’s available from the get go cuz of new light. Pretty sure the best area (at the time) went under the radar for casuals completely

The hoops they made you jump through to unlock the Dreaming City were just dumb. I remember not being happy with those busy work tasks, but I still got them done, because I didn't want to miss out. Really bad design, IMO.

GamingKaiju

Well Fuck!

My Destiny 2 is corrupted got to redownload the entire thing again 😖 I’ve cleared some space on my SSD this time so that’s a plus 👍

Happy looting Guardians may your light shine brightly in the darkness.

manfestival

Feels like this sorta thing was expected. Kinda like WoW classic. Of course the hype will die down but I imagine the community may even double in size! can't wait to see how this plays out. This is basically a f2p mmo that got a big expansion at this point(not a bad thing at all) lol.

manfestival

Actually is everyone F2P and without shadowkeep capped at 750 LL? I know the grind is to 960 now but is Shadowkeep required to move forward?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Between destiny and destiny 2 there were three years in between. If it's the same here then a sequel will probably hit around next year?

Feels kinda late to the party.

Duallusion

Is Destiny solo-friendly in a way Borderlands franchise is? I'm guessing at the very least raids are impossible solo and that's a big part of the game? Any other content I'd essentialy be locked out of?

Is Destiny solo-friendly in a way Borderlands franchise is? I'm guessing at the very least raids are impossible solo and that's a big part of the game? Any other content I'd essentialy be locked out of?

Define big part? For many of us Raids are the most exciting piece of content but they don't compare to the size and breadth of content available besides them. And they wouldn't be so exciting and awesome if they were possible to do solo. Most content requiring other players auto-matches you with those players. Raids and Nightfalls don't because they require more strategy and communication and matchmaking those would be Hell.

Typhares

Well I don't really know wtf I'm doing. Played two strikes, got some loot that seemed better and that's it.
Game is not very noob friendly but I'll figure it out... when the server will let me play again!

Raven117

Between destiny and destiny 2 there were three years in between. If it's the same here then a sequel will probably hit around next year?

Feels kinda late to the party.
Hard to know what really is going on. Since their break with Activision, they may decide they need another year or two...or never...to bake Destiny 2. While I hope Destiny 3 is next year, it wouldn't surprise me if its 2021 and cross platform. (not unlike the original Destiny).

manfestival

Well I don't really know wtf I'm doing. Played two strikes, got some loot that seemed better and that's it.
Game is not very noob friendly but I'll figure it out... when the server will let me play again!
I would recommend doing the campaign. It will run you through the gambit of the game

VertigoOA

Banned
I would recommend doing the campaign. It will run you through the gambit of the game

It’s not going to benefit in any way to do such.

Run strikes, play gambit, play crucible and chip off vendor quests etc.

And then when you have a decent load out give the first 3 raids a shot.

Hard to know what really is going on. Since their break with Activision, they may decide they need another year or two...or never...to bake Destiny 2. While I hope Destiny 3 is next year, it wouldn't surprise me if its 2021 and cross platform. (not unlike the original Destiny).

Destiny 2 may go on for another 5 years itself. Every leak prior to the Activision split ended up being true about what was going on with d2 for the last 2 years. That leak also detailed stuff about d3. However, in their most recent vidoc they’re outlining 5 years of the “game.”

The language is ambiguous. I expect them to stick to the current build and work on it for at two years regardless.

Last edited:

Dthomp

That's a bummer but it's nothing new. Every launch day is a mess. Hope bungie can fix it soon.

True but Destiny isn't usually THIS bad. I really think New Light should have been released a day or two later to help alleviate some of the pressure on the servers with all of us who bought Shadowkeep getting on day 1 along with all the FTP "I'm gonna try it" folks all at the same time. Now I'm sure the issue is figuring out what is the cause. Maybe instead of flying streamers out to Bungie to gladhand and get YT clips maybe some sort of Stress Test would have been a better use of resources.

VertigoOA

Banned
Yea I got knocked out. Blows. Kinda expected it.

No doubt launching New Light in same day as Shadowkeep was too much.

Which sucks because new light has zero meaning to veteran players...

:messenger_angry:

MastAndo

Moon's broken? I hope things are cleared up in the next few hours so I can get some play time in tonight. Definitely a bummer for those who were looking to spend the day with it, but not entirely unexpected either.

A friend of mine (stupidly) hasn't transferred Bungie account to Steam... is he SOL? He purchased Forsaken and the Annual Pass, does he now need to re-buy those? Trust me I'm frustrated with how stupid he is but I can't easily find the answer online.

manfestival

It’s not going to benefit in any way to do such.

Run strikes, play gambit, play crucible and chip off vendor quests etc.

And then when you have a decent load out give the first 3 raids a shot.
Been playing the game pretty consistently since last years e3 and have forsaken. I have never run a single raid. Crucible and Gambit are the main reasons I end up coming back. I did also play all of the campaign stuff. Enjoyed that far more than strikes

Dthomp

A friend of mine (stupidly) hasn't transferred Bungie account to Steam... is he SOL? He purchased Forsaken and the Annual Pass, does he now need to re-buy those? Trust me I'm frustrated with how stupid he is but I can't easily find the answer online.

I'm really not sure to be honest. I'm still not sold that license purchases from one system will transfer to the other. If he bought both on Steam I'd imagine it shouldn't be too much hassle

I'm really not sure to be honest. I'm still not sold that license purchases from one system will transfer to the other. If he bought both on Steam I'd imagine it shouldn't be too much hassle

No, he bought them at launch on the Blizzard app, he didn't migrate to Steam before today.

VertigoOA

Banned
queue Line actually functional now... ha... may actually get a good amount of time in tonight

Been playing the game pretty consistently since last years e3 and have forsaken. I have never run a single raid. Crucible and Gambit are the main reasons I end up coming back. I did also play all of the campaign stuff. Enjoyed that far more than strikes

I haven’t enjoyed strikes in years. I don’t know what they’ve done with them with shadowkeep but I’d like to see arcade scoring come back with leaderboards. Otherwise ... I avoid them

Last edited:

Raven117

Destiny 2 may go on for another 5 years itself. Every leak prior to the Activision split ended up being true about what was going on with d2 for the last 2 years. That leak also detailed stuff about d3. However, in their most recent vidoc they’re outlining 5 years of the “game.”

The language is ambiguous. I expect them to stick to the current build and work on it for at two years regardless.
Yeah, hard to know really what is going on. Regardless, count me in. I love me some Destiny.

Dthomp

My issue with D2 strikes compared to D1 is the length, and the annoying Immune phases most strike bosses possess. Strikes were something I ran alot in D1 since most chimed in at or just under 10 minutes. Too many of these ones are bumped up into the high teens, to go along with trash loot drops from strikes (Where is my strike specific loot?) makes it hard to want to run them. I ran a new one today, if felt okay. It reminded me of my first time through The Corrupted Strike (Now my least favorite, who wants a 20 minute strike?). Alot of filler and waves of adds through alot of it, but it was at least fun the first time

Arkage

Banned
Felt really burned over the season passes this past year and the way they gated shit. I hear its less gated now but since I haven't done anything since the forges I feel like I'm going to be really behind on stuff. And I keep reminding myself that Shadowkeep is going to be 70% retread of the moon and retread of old enemies which really grinds my gears. But there was a time when I really did enjoy the game. And the $35 price point isn't that terrible. Urrrghhhhh.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Unsure. When the sign in servers are up, get him to try a manual transfer:

Dthomp

Felt really burned over the season passes this past year and the way they gated shit. I hear its less gated now but since I haven't done anything since the forges I feel like I'm going to be really behind on stuff. And I keep reminding myself that Shadowkeep is going to be 70% retread of the moon and retread of old enemies which really grinds my gears. But there was a time when I really did enjoy the game. And the $35 price point isn't that terrible. Urrrghhhhh.

To be fair, the forges SUCKED to unlock and were pretty boring, same with Gambit Prime. You could just hop into Menagerie a few times to get much better guns/gear and ignore all of last season pass content.

Top Bottom