• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Info Summary Thread: Trailers, Videos, Details, Screens, More

I'm not sure where to ask so I hope this is a good place. I'm considering getting a PC laptop to game on, there are lots of games on Steam I'd love to play. Possible 60FPS Destiny 2 is very tempting, but I'm on a tight budget and was wondering if this laptop would work well for gaming in general. (I'm choosing a laptop cause I got kids and I need to be able to move around)
It's the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop:
Processor: 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
Memory: 8GB, 2400MHz, DDR4; up to 32GB
Hard Drive: 1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB Cache
Videocard: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5

Just curious if this would be a good PC gaming laptop and if it would run Destiny 2 well (as in 60fps)
Thanks.
Probably not good enough to run D2 at 1080p60fps if you want higher settings. The 1050 is only a entry level card and on mobile it is also a little bit weaker due to lower clocks. Plus at this point no one know how demanding the final game would be, or how optimized the game would be.

Probably not good enough to run D2 at 1080p60fps if you want higher settings. The 1050 is only a entry level card and on mobile it is also a little bit weaker due to lower clocks. Plus at this point no one know how demanding the final game would be, or how optimized the game would be.

AH OK. Thanks for that. Do you have any recommendations?

Z3M0G

Do we know how long the gap is between Console release and PC release? Are we talking weeks or months?

Edit: no. Sorry I see info in OP.

FinKL

AH OK. Thanks for that. Do you have any recommendations?

Not sure how long of a wait it is (Says June 27th from nVidia website), but nVidia is releasing this Max-Q which is just better efficiency for laptops. Should be good for getting better performance, battery life, and it would run cooler if you plan on playing on your lap, at least that's my guess
Do we know how long the gap is between Console release and PC release? Are we talking weeks or months?

Hopefully they say something at E3, as I was hoping May 18th's event all our questions would be answered, but it opened it up to even more I feel.

Theorry

"DESTINY 2
Following the epic reveal of the global Destiny 2 Gameplay Premiere last month, Activision and Bungie will showcase Destiny 2 with an array of hands-on experiences for E3 audiences as they play the all-new story campaign and the competitive and cooperative multiplayer gameplay with fellow Guardians.

Additionally, E3 will showcase the debut of a brand-new Guardian subclass, the Arcstrider Hunter. Wielding a new super ability that allows them to summon an Arc-empowered staff for close-quarters melee combat, the Arcstrider Hunter will be playable for the first time at E3.

Destiny 2 is available for preorder now, and look for announcements about the Destiny 2 Open Beta during E3.

Destiny 2 will be playable on PS4 Pro consoles at the Activision Booth (South Hall #1001) and the PlayStation Booth (West Hall #4322), as well as on PC at the NVIDIA Booth (West Hall #5230)."

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Activision-at-E3-2017/ba-p/10278493

duhmetree

So does that mean we're not seeing anything new at the Sony conference?

I NEED MORE INFO!!

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. What's playable will be the same +Arc Strider.

I'm fairly confident there will be a lot more info/news released during e3 and Sony conference.

Lasty95

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. What's playable will be the same +Arc Strider.

I'm fairly confident there will be a lot more info/news released during e3 and Sony conference.

I find it a bit odd that Bungie would go out of their way to spell out what we'll be seeing at E3.

I hope I'm wrong, but seems like they're managing our expectation.

I find it a bit odd that Bungie would go out of their way to spell out what we'll be seeing at E3.

I hope I'm wrong, but seems like they're managing our expectation.

The reveal event was invite only. E3 is everyone with a press pass and/or connections. This press blurb just illustrates that it will be playable for everyone on the E3 floor and what exactly will be playable.

It has nothing to do with presentations, which is where any info would be released.

I'm going on media blackout until the Beta. I really hope the Beta is more than just a story mission and strike, I want to explore.

I'm going on media blackout until the Beta. I really hope the Beta is more than just a story mission and strike, I want to explore.

The first game's beta was 5 story missions, a strike, and a patrol area. The 5th story mision was on the moon too so if you didnt finish the objective you could explore that.

Im expecting something similar. Maybe just earth but a few story missions, 1 strike, and 1 patrol zone.

Lasty95

I'd imagine it'll be precisely what's been shown already.

Abridged first mission, Inverted Spire Strike and Countdown.

No need for the open world stuff now. People know what Destiny is.

I'd imagine it'll be precisely what's been shown already.

Abridged first mission, Inverted Spire Strike and Countdown.

No need for the open world stuff now. People know what Destiny is.
The open world is exactly what we need to see. Besides the story it was one of the weakest aspects for me in 1.

Lasty95

The open world is exactly what we need to see. Besides the story it was one of the weakest aspects for me in 1.

Oh sure the open world/patrol stuff was the weakest part of 1, and I fully expect massive improvements.

But I think they'll save that for the game proper.

They'd do better to push the new bombastic campaign stuff in the beta.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So does that mean we're not seeing anything new at the Sony conference?

I NEED MORE INFO!!
They're just confirming what's playable at the show. I expect we'll see a demo of the new patrol approach and adventures at the Sony show.

duhmetree

Luke Smith on Kotaku podcast

- New type of public event class called Silent ( sounds like "Enemy moves against eachother" type deal ) "Where monsters show up and start doing stuff"
- Flashpoint ; A featured destination; That featured destination has a 'whole class of things that show up' ; New treasure maps, special monsters etc. Gives Nightfall type rewards.
- Not doing ranked PvP; but they have an idea of something similar. A way to show off your PvP "prowess". Might be there at launch

Top Bottom