• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal going live in 15 minutes (9:00 AM PST)

Codes 208

All the games you could play in 2020 and you're gonna play Destiny? We gotta leave this shit in the past, man. Garbage game.
all-these-flavors-and-you-choose-to-be-salty-meme-19251969.png

Thedtrain

I was a super hardcore player in D1, I had weekly raid statics and all sorts of stuff. Destiny 2 killed my hype by moving backwards in quality and content from Destiny 1. Since then I haven't bought an expansion or anything. I still stay subscribed to /r/destinythegame though, hoping to hear some unanimous praise to warrant me returning.

It never happens though.

For the past few months it's been how disappointing various decisions have been and how awful the drip feed of "content drops" are. Bungie always knows how to hype up a new expansion, but it's the 2-3 weeks afterwards that I'm worried about. Still, I do love the core game, and it's been a long ass time since I played anything, so maybe I'll give this a shot. I keep hoping that eventually Foreskin goes F2P so I can play through that campaign on PC.
Haha this is me, exactly. I get so depressed visiting that sub

DeaDPo0L84

All the games you could play in 2020 and you're gonna play Destiny? We gotta leave this shit in the past, man. Garbage game.

Wow how original. I thought the narrative that it was "uncool" to play Destiny was old at this point. It's almost as if...wait for it...people can enjoy what they enjoy? I know that's a bat shit crazy line of thinking but maybe try it.

Also...HYPE!!!

manfestival

I just feel burned from the FOMO model that they have used in D2 as the primary motivation for continuing to play the game rather than having it as a secondary things like in most games. This update doesn't seem compelling enough(just like the last) to come back to the game.

NickFire

I've been checking this thread every time it gets a new post. The message I'm hearing is:

1) FTP game remains FTP next gen;
2) You can keep your account on next gen and all upgrade you paid for.
3) The game is essentially going to be the same as now for another 3 years minimal.

Number 2 is good news at least.

Trogdor1123

I've been checking this thread every time it gets a new post. The message I'm hearing is:

1) FTP game remains FTP next gen;
2) You can keep your account on next gen and all upgrade you paid for.
3) The game is essentially going to be the same as now for another 3 years minimal.

Number 2 is good news at least.
I didn't get that about 3, I got that it will be an evolution over each year which is what should happen. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Mithos

SO if they will "remove" older F2P material/things, some armor sets, weapons and or upgrades will be broken if you haven't completed it yet?

Last edited:
I dunno, i feel like this franchise is always in beta phase. Once you get used to something, it changes completely and you have to get used to it all over again. I wish this game had some consistency.

I would hate to be a new Destiny player hopping into the franchise for the first time. It must be so confusing to them.

Last edited:

PSYGN

4k 60fps seems easily obtainable for this game on next-gen, so no surprise there.

I would love to see next-gen loading times for this game. If there's one thing I hated about Destiny it's the long ass loading times that take you out of it.

NickFire

Removing content from your already released game has to be the reddest flag ever.
Seriously, I just don't get it. They purport to sell expansions, but then remove content when a new expansion comes out? If their business model was monthly subscription it would make sense to me. But they sell expansions.

Pejo

Just read the summary of the announcement. LMAO they're getting rid of 4 of the raids and several locations that had direct storyline tie-in. What the fuck are they thinking?

ultrazilla

At this point, Bungie probably needs to announce that Destiny 3 is no longer going to be coming out and that all future content will be put into Destiny 2.
They pretty much admitted as much. Follow what Warframe does and just build on to the existing game.

I'm excited for it. Tons of great info. I love that it's official now we'll be getting 4k(I presume native) 60fps versions on the PS5/Xbox Series X. We'll finally get
the PC Destiny experience on consoles. Make no mistake, the PC version of Destiny 2 is incredible and the definitive version. It plays so much faster and smoother at 60fps.

I love that I'll be able to sit in front of my 65" 4k/HDR tv and play the game in native 4k/60fps.

The future is bright for Destiny. See you out there Guardians!

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Watched it. Played some Destiny 2 just 2 months ago.
Literally none of those things are in game.

Game is just pew pew non stop and there is 0 story.

I don't understand anything here.

Reactions: GHG

Amaranty

I was really disappointed in Destiny 2 when I bought it. They completely butchered PvP. Destiny 1 PvP was fun and chaotic, while Destiny 2 was watered down - 4v4 and slow ability recharge speeds. They tried to cater towards competitive players, which is of course a joke, since the game runs at 30 fps, no dedicated servers and low FOV.

Every time they release a new expansion I get the urge to try again, but I always wait a month and read Destiny subreddit about all the problems this game still has.

VertigoOA

Banned
I was really disappointed in Destiny 2 when I bought it. They completely butchered PvP. Destiny 1 PvP was fun and chaotic, while Destiny 2 was watered down - 4v4 and slow ability recharge speeds. They tried to cater towards competitive players, which is of course a joke, since the game runs at 30 fps, no dedicated servers and low FOV.

Every time they release a new expansion I get the urge to try again, but I always wait a month and read Destiny subreddit about all the problems this game still has.

Game was made faster a long while ago. It’s faster than D1 at this point. Vanilla arguments are about 2 years obsolete.

Game is at capacity on PS4... in queue ... lol. Playerbase exploded today

Last edited:
I gotta be honest, all this kinda makes me wanna jump back into D2. I stopped playing right before it migrated to Steam, so I haven't played Forsaken yet

VertigoOA

Banned
I gotta be honest, all this kinda makes me wanna jump back into D2. I stopped playing right before it migrated to Steam, so I haven't played Forsaken yet

That’s when it got great. Now is a good time to jump back on. You’d have to purchase forsaken and shadowkeep separately... but at least shadowkeep comes with the current season for free. Everything is a la carte now so you don’t need to buy eveyrhtjng

Pretty cool booting the game and being directed right into a story mission and giant pyramid on IO. They didn’t even reveal the current season ... I’m learning about it now... by playing.

This is all pretty crazy.

Last edited:
Honest question. Does this game captures any of the sci-fi magic that Bungie era Halo games provided? I have it installed on my PC since the Steam version came out but I'm yet to try it...

VertigoOA

Banned
Honest question. Does this game captures any of the sci-fi magic that Bungie era Halo games provided? I have it installed on my PC since the Steam version came out but I'm yet to try it...

As someone who has loved Bungie games since Halo 1 and been a fan ever since... Destiny 2 is my favorite sci fi fantasy game of all time.

I really never thought I’d love anything like I did Star Wars. Then Star Wars got raped by the white slavers at Disney. Destiny has replaced that at this point.

As someone who has loved Bungie games since Halo 1 and been a fan ever since... Destiny 2 is my favorite sci fi fantasy game of all time.

I really never thought I’d love anything like I did Star Wars. Then Star Wars got raped by the white slavers at Disney. Destiny has replaced that at this point.
Damn man, bold claims. I give it a try tomorrow. I love Halo. I love Division. This might be match made in heaven.

I'll report back.

Joey.

I've always wanted to like Destiny, just couldn't get into.
Maybe I'll give D2 a try. Seems awesome.

VertigoOA

Banned
Damn man, bold claims. I give it a try tomorrow. I love Halo. I love Division. This might be match made in heaven.

I'll report back.

Has a lot of haters. And a lot of nerds complaining about their 4,000 hours invested over the last 6 years, but that’s how it’s always been. Still a top 10 game on all platforms almost year round. Give it a shot. I liked Division also but Destiny is the best in the genre still. And given that the playerbase just exploded today (lol) ... welcome back nerds

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think it's hilarious that after becoming infamous for recycling shit they're now removing chunks of the game so they can more efficiently recycle shit from the first game like the Cosmodrome.

Destiny had this huge promise. The world, the lore, the design... it was the new IP that would define the generation and Bungie mismanaged Destiny into a f2p microtransactions driven live service.

Fuck.

Aion002

Also: each year, before an expansion comes out, Bungie will remove older Destiny content that is not being played anymore to more effectively manage the game

..and Destiny 1 content is coming back

tenor.gif

I regret every penny I've spent on Destiny...

tenor.gif

martino

I think it's hilarious that after becoming infamous for recycling shit they're now removing chunks of the game so they can more efficiently recycle shit from the first game like the Cosmodrome.

Destiny had this huge promise. The world, the lore, the design... it was the new IP that would define the generation and Bungie mismanaged Destiny into a f2p microtransactions driven live service.

Fuck.
if Bungie was a political party governing, the ecological transition would be done.

Top Bottom