• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal going live in 15 minutes (9:00 AM PST)

mSOzSdo.png

reminder to turn off chats if you are trying to avoid spoilers for other things

-----------

Stasis, a new damage type, being added

--------

second expansion announced

Last edited:

CAB_Life

Honestly with the politicing. I’m a (half) black, gay man who’s been unfairly detained before and even I find this shit is egregious and annoying. Tuned in today to watch a fucking announcement and escape from the hysteria for one hour. One hour. Couldn’t even get that.

Last edited:

replicant-

I can’t make my mind up if the start highlighting injustice in the US is ok, or tone deaf for an International Stream.

LostDonkey

I honestly lost track of all the expansions/dlc/updates. What is this about again?

This is my problem. I bought destiny 2 with the first couple of expansions and then played a couple different games. When I went back I was so out of the loop I didn't have a clue what was going on.

I love the gameplay and enjoy the core loop but I feel to get the most out of these games you have to fully commit all your gaming time to them and only them. I can't do that.

imsosleepy

man.. I'm really starting to lose ANY interesst in cgi reveal trailers.. It does almost nothing to me anymore :/
edit: they show gameplay but I almost clicked it away already xD

Last edited:

Boxman

Banned
Bungie didn’t get the memo about “gameplay” trailers not having actual gameplay.
Obviously they didn't care. Maybe they disabled the comments and likes for that reason. I hope Sony doesn't open up with an 8 minute buffer to to virtue signal and then not provide gameplay.

Eliciel

I don't think I will re-enter the world, from todays' perspective. I don't know what happens from tomorrows' perspective. Let's see.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Sorry but I can’t watch the stream. For new players. If you buy Beyond Light on PS5, you have to buy all the previous expansions?

NickFire

I've got questions if anyone watches and cares to answer:

Have the given any details on how the next gen version will improve the game, if at all, beyond what it would look like on a high end cpu today?

Why do they need to cycle out content? How are people who bought the base game affected by content being cycled out, if they do not pay for new content?

Will the 2021 and 2022 expansions be released on current gen? I'm truly wondering if Destiny will have a proper next gen launch before 2023 or later.

Trogdor1123

I've got questions if anyone watches and cares to answer:

Have the given any details on how the next gen version will improve the game, if at all, beyond what it would look like on a high end cpu today?

Why do they need to cycle out content? How are people who bought the base game affected by content being cycled out, if they do not pay for new content?

Will the 2021 and 2022 expansions be released on current gen? I'm truly wondering if Destiny will have a proper next gen launch before 2023 or later.
I think they are going to detail it shortly.

Lillie

will there be any new free content for the D2 F2P players (e.g., paid expansions becoming free at any point)? Additionally, will destiny 1's rise of iron ever go on sale...?

Pejo

I was a super hardcore player in D1, I had weekly raid statics and all sorts of stuff. Destiny 2 killed my hype by moving backwards in quality and content from Destiny 1. Since then I haven't bought an expansion or anything. I still stay subscribed to /r/destinythegame though, hoping to hear some unanimous praise to warrant me returning.

It never happens though.

For the past few months it's been how disappointing various decisions have been and how awful the drip feed of "content drops" are. Bungie always knows how to hype up a new expansion, but it's the 2-3 weeks afterwards that I'm worried about. Still, I do love the core game, and it's been a long ass time since I played anything, so maybe I'll give this a shot. I keep hoping that eventually Foreskin goes F2P so I can play through that campaign on PC.

Top Bottom