• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PS5 + Xbox Series S|X Upgrades Launch Dec 8th (4K, 60FPS)

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
You can output at 120hz on Xbox on a 60fps game, it gives you a slightly smoother ride due to 8ms frame times.
Yeah, what was confusing was seeing the slight fluctuations in fps. I'm not a huge destiny person anymore, but the game felt great.

VertigoOA

Banned
HDR fix is real. Need to reset PS5 HDR settings for it to work it seems.

also, by default on Sony’s machines hdr in destiny is set off.

Cherrypepsi

TLDW
XSS 1080p
XSX & PS5 native 4k
PS5 has slightly higher anti aliasing

XSS never drops
XSX drops a few frames when activating golden gun or fighting the giant walker
PS5 drops a few frames randomly walking through the giant wall

I would still call it a perfect performance on all platforms!
The only part tested was the cosmodrome, which on PC is not the most performance hungry part.
It would be intersting to see the performance in a strike, a public event or in the dreaming city 🤓

destiny is back baby!

what a time to be a console player..

MrFunSocks

Banned
You can output at 120hz on Xbox on a 60fps game, it gives you a slightly smoother ride due to 8ms frame times.
If the game is 60fps the frame time is still 16ms though, it’s just doubling up each frame.

Never played destiny 2 but might give it a go now while cyberpunk no doubt makes it hard to find games in pubg for a week or 2.

Cherrypepsi

One more for PS5.

I wouldn't say that, they're super close
based on this video you can't tell it because it's not enough testing :)

If the game is 60fps the frame time is still 16ms though, it’s just doubling up each frame.

Never played destiny 2 but might give it a go now while cyberpunk no doubt makes it hard to find games in pubg for a week or 2.

if you have never played destiny, DO IT. now is the perfect time for beginners. :)

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
That analysis is also kinda shit tho.

Cosmodrome was built with older tech. Europa would be more relevant. It might be the same game but there’s different/newer tech in later areas.

It would be nice to get a proper analysis including raid and pvp conditions but I don’t expect something like that ever honestly.

The improvements are nice. They’re promising more engine improvements over the long run and I think this is good enough to carry it into the early part of next gen. Hopefully next year some more marginal improvements.

thelastword

Banned

TLDW
XSS 1080p
XSX & PS5 native 4k
PS5 has slightly higher anti aliasing

XSS never drops
XSX drops a few frames when activating golden gun or fighting the giant walker
PS5 drops a few frames randomly walking through the giant wall

I would still call it a perfect performance on all platforms!
The only part tested was the cosmodrome, which on PC is not the most performance hungry part.
It would be intersting to see the performance in a strike, a public event or in the dreaming city 🤓

destiny is back baby!

what a time to be a console player..

Lighting, AA and textures pop on PS5 a bit more from watching that video. PS5 maintains a higher resolution on average....Shadows seem a tad sharper on PS5 too..

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Jealous of people being able to experience Destiny on 60FPS and 120FPS on Consoles finally. That was always my main problem with those games. Usually I wouldn't mind but in Destiny it felt super noticeable. The super zoomed in FOV and FPS was pretty nauseating to play. Fun game, but always put me off a lot.

PVP should never be 30FPS as well I think, it was really tough playing Crucible back in the day.

FranXico

Prophecy Dungeon should be free to all players. It’s also one of the best pieces of content in the game and cooler than most raids. It’s a 3-man activity over a 6-man raid but it’s the only real end game chase for free players.
Does the Prophecy Dungeon require PS+ on PS4/5?

Elginer

Have not played destiny in ages but purchased the new content and downloaded once I saw ps5 and my baby hawkmoon is back

I never played destiny 2 just played for a few hours back in the day ,why do whenever I create a new character its at power lvl 1000 and puts me in a snow setting which I'm pretty sure was not the early part of d2 , can you not play the game from the beginning now? How does it work?

Kagey K

Banned
I never played destiny 2 just played for a few hours back in the day ,why do whenever I create a new character its at power lvl 1000 and puts me in a snow setting which I'm pretty sure was not the early part of d2 , can you not play the game from the beginning now? How does it work?
They vaulted a bunch of content to make it easier for new players.

Everyone starts around the power level now needed to do the content as everything else is gone.

My LG OLED 55" 120hz arrived today. Played a few matches of iron banner and it was so smooth.
I've been playing Destiny 2 on pc at 144hz for over 3 years now. But it's a joy to have a similar experience on the PlayStation.

Top Bottom