• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PS5 + Xbox Series S|X Upgrades Launch Dec 8th (4K, 60FPS)

VertigoOA

Banned
As someone who reverses R2/L2 and the bumpers in Destiny to shoot faster, no thank you. But for people that want it, I hope they do add it.

Yup, if I’m stuck with the PS5 pad until third party shooter pads start dropping... you gotta flip triggers and shoulder buttons...

Who the fuck wants travel time on a trigger pull

44a4fc2a9ba080871642f33c0cb99686.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It feels smooth as hell and it's probably best shooting mechanic I have ever came across, sadly the game is really repetive : (

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Seems to be as advertised on PS5. Loading seems better even though the Ps4 version was on the SSD too.

TJC

Decided to boot it up since not touching it since forsaken and all I'm having is server errors, seems like nothing changes.

ultrazilla

Seems to be as advertised on PS5. Loading seems better even though the Ps4 version was on the SSD too.

Agreed! Silky smooth 60fps, load times even faster than the PS4 Pro, native 4k popping off and looking crispy sharp and colorful. Game plays even *better* now. :messenger_sunglasses:

For the 120fps mode for Crucible, make sure to go into the game's options and tick the 120hz option for Crucible.

See you out there Guardians!

P.S. The Hawkmoon Exotic Quest is live. Visit Spider on the Forgotten Shores to start it off.

Destiny-2-Beyond-Light-Exo-Stranger-4k-Wallpaper.jpg

Tqaulity

This was one of my most anticipated launches since before the next gen consoles launched. I've played a ton of Destiny 1 & 2 all on console for years and the idea of finally get a full 4K/60 graphical presentation with loading time decrease is enough to make the game new again! Super excited to try it.....if only my feakin PS5 SSD wasn't full since like day 2 :messenger_pouting::messenger_face_steam:

splattered

D2 successfully "upgraded" on three of the Series X in my house but for some reason it didn't work right on my Wife's console. It has the X|S badging but its still like 140GB. Tried rebooting console etc and the upgrade isn't working. The queue said hers was upgrading but it didn't shrink in size. Ideas?

Rossco EZ

D2 successfully "upgraded" on three of the Series X in my house but for some reason it didn't work right on my Wife's console. It has the X|S badging but its still like 140GB. Tried rebooting console etc and the upgrade isn't working. The queue said hers was upgrading but it didn't shrink in size. Ideas?
delete the game and re install

Trogdor1123

Probably need to delete and reinstall

splattered

Delete and reinstall? Arghh ok thanks.

Saw some people on twitter saying to turn off motion blur, chromatic aberration, and film grain in the settings.

Just navigating the menus right now the cursor movement feels different (Or am i imagining things?)

While i'm in the menu here what do people generally use for movement sensitivity etc and other settings?

Love the crucible and gambit in this game but i've always just used default settings.

Dibils2k

is this actually 4k.. or same old "dynamic" 4k thats 1440p 90% of the time...

cause game for sure looks more jaggy and soft, they done something to the image quality.

splattered

Loaded into the tower... the 105 FOV will take some getting used to haha

Spinning around in a circle the world in front of you blurs quite a bit.. i feel like it didn't do that as much before the update?

went to spider and got no quest from him. where dat hawkmoon!!? (and yes, i have the season pass or whatever it is paid for, etc.)

edit: that's my one complaint with destiny. you take some time off and get back in and are completely lost.

Last edited:

Rey

Loaded into the tower... the 105 FOV will take some getting used to haha

Spinning around in a circle the world in front of you blurs quite a bit.. i feel like it didn't do that as much before the update?

Yeah once you are used to 105 you will hate going back to 70 or whatever it was.

But I also noticed blur with quick movements although I turned off motion blur.

Shmunter

What are the differences between the original retail version and the f2p. Is it all the Same now?

I got the digital retail at some point, not sure what is what anymore.

Radical_3d

I haven’t played Destiny 2 since the vanilla version, so I though I might try the new flashy version with 4K and 60fps, and… And what the hell! I don’t understand anything. How is this ok when you are supposed to attract new players? This is alien to the human language. The interfaces are all over the place. Everything looks like a FTP game menu. There are an absurd amount of sub-missions and objectives and adventures and campaigns and stuff. All sounds the same but somehow they are all different.

The graphics are cool, tho.

VertigoOA

Banned
Explain....

Do I need to buy anything, or is the story intact? Are new missions free, just hats are monetised?!?

You can do an introductory mission and engage in the basic playlist activities like strikes, pvp and gambit.

Unless you’re in gamespass you don’t have any content from year 1. So no campaign content unless you have one of the expansions (Forsaken’s, shadowkeep, or beyond light).

They pretty much push new players into the newest expansion.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
You can do an introductory mission and engage in the basic playlist activities like strikes, pvp and gambit.

Unless you’re in gamespass you don’t have any content from year 1. So no campaign content unless you have one of the expansions (Forsaken’s, shadowkeep, or beyond light).

They pretty much push new players into the newest expansion.
I've only got all the DLC up to Forsaken (which I still haven't played) as I took a long break from D2 and am only jumping back in now.

Which of these two dlcs is the better deal/quality? Shadowkeep or Beyond Light?

VertigoOA

Banned
I've only got all the DLC up to Forsaken (which I still haven't played) as I took a long break from D2 and am only jumping back in now.

Which of these two dlcs is the better deal/quality? Shadowkeep or Beyond Light?

Beyond Light is better. Shadowkeep has a dungeon.

Beyond could also have a later dungeon drop but you never know with bungie.

It’s better to stay concurrent. You get more from the community sotospeak. If you get into it then yea ... sure play older stuff for exotics etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom