• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

Lumine

But it does, 4 of them actually. The beta is an extremely poor example of what the game actually is and how will it play out. It is mostly targeted at Destiny 1 players who want to get a hang on new mechanics.

Ah, well that's good to hear at least. Too bad I didn't get to see that.

You should really try the strike.

I just did and I tried quickplay. Which was just a capture point mode. I liked them both a lot more than the campaign mission that's for sure. The level in Strike was a lot more interesting and the boss was pretty fun too. I'm still not really sold on the game, but at least it has moved from never again to possibly some day on a sale. :p

Magwik

Banned
I'm absolutely blown away by how good the PC version is. It isn't just a good port, it's one of the best-made PC games of the year, to be honest.

That is if the full game is as smooth as the beta, of course.

Imagine how much better it should run in a month and a half with the kinks worked out.

I played a lot of his beta and it was my first Destiny experience. The controls felt great and the game looked and played beautiful. I ran the strike probably over 20 times with every class and put a fair amount of time into the PvP as well as hung out in the Farm. Without the ability to create a character, level and loot properly I enjoyed what was shown and really don't regret my prepurchase.

My only real worry is the complete lack of text chat outside of fireteams especially in social spaces which leads me to worry about the patrol sections as well. I really hope Blizzard comes around in this because the world feels so much more alive when you can talk to strangers you run into.

I am reasonably satisfied with my last 2 performances.

hRUCtZ3.jpg

JMTkAqO.png

git me in the clan, goddamnit

Bookoo

Beta seemed fun Sucks that we have to wait so long for release on PC, but hopefully my friends will still be interested when it comes out.

Mupod

I played a lot of his beta and it was my first Destiny experience. The controls felt great and the game looked and played beautiful. I ran the strike probably over 20 times with every class and put a fair amount of time into the PvP as well as hung out in the Farm. Without the ability to create a character, level and loot properly I enjoyed what was shown and really don't regret my prepurchase.

My only real worry is the complete lack of text chat outside of fireteams especially in social spaces which leads me to worry about the patrol sections as well. I really hope Blizzard comes around in this because the world feels so much more alive when you can talk to strangers you run into.

this bugged me too, and it was the first thing I tested in the Farm. I assumed they never put it in on PS4 due to a lack of players with keyboards. I have many fond memories of social spaces in games like PSO and WoW so the dead silence of Destiny hubs is strange.

Granted, it's probably a blessing considering what chat channels are like in most games nowadays.

Prelude.

So the beta's over? Cool, I downloaded it for 2 days and got to play 5 minutes before getting kicked. I will 100% buy this game now, thanks Activision.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm was hoping to try out a Warlock and Hunter but ended up playing XCOM 2 instead yesterday. *shrug*

The core combat loop is fun, but it's hard to tell how much fun I'll have without trying out the core exploration/progression mechanics. How long is the campaign? How many missions? Are they replayable? How much open-world content is there to explore? Is it going to be boring one-and-done stuff, or highly engaging and replayable with interesting mechanics? How many strikes and raids will there be? None of this was clear from the beta.

I think I'll keep my pre-order for now and wait for the console reviews. I have so many FPS games pre-ordered this year (Dishonored DotO, Wolfenstein II, Destiny 2), and I'm still playing Battlefield 1 regularly, that I feel like I may be at an FPS breaking point. But, I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt for now.

Vimes

I mentioned this in the PC performance thread, but I am absolutely flabbergasted that my friend's PC can run this just fine. He has an i5 750 and an ATI 5770, it was a pretty good PC...in 2010. There is some kind of space magic involved here. The game runs better than WoW does for him, lol.

Yeah I have a nvidia 670 and I'm blown away by how nice it runs and looks. Thought I'd have to buy a new gpu for this game and I'm relieved as hell.

Fuckk got home too late and missed the beta.

Not even sure if I'll buy this but I'm torn.

Pc will have 60fps but damn that player Base will be small.

Not only will it be smaller by default but the region split too.

In d1 I didn't mind playing with USA players because the lag wasn't really noticeable in raids.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The hell? This ended already? lol i only played the story mission. was gonna do the strike tonight.

TitusTroy

I miss playing this...I think I've settled on the Hunter class...while I really like the Warlords weapons and abilities, I hate that glide movement in the air...I much prefer the Hunters double and triple jumps

I miss playing this...I think I've settled on the Hunter class...while I really like the Warlords weapons and abilities, I hate that glide movement in the air...I much prefer the Hunters double and triple jumps

I'm kind of torn between those myself. I love the warlords blink though double and triple jumps seem far more better.

Aside from the skills what are the real differences? Is there like armor, health and speed bonuses? weapon restrictions etc?

Aside from the skills what are the real differences? Is there like armor, health and speed bonuses? weapon restrictions etc?

In Destiny 1, there were different maximums achievable in armour, recovery and agility. Remains to be seen for D2's analagous resilience, recovery, and mobility. All armour in D1 was class specific, but only six class-specific weapons.

Since you have three character slots, there is little reason not to have one of each class and switch when you want a change of pace.

In Destiny 1, there were different maximums achievable in armour, recovery and agility. Remains to be seen for D2's analagous resilience, recovery, and mobility. All armour in D1 was class specific, but only six class-specific weapons.

Since you have three character slots, there is little reason not to have one of each class and switch when you want a change of pace.

Cool cool. Thanks for the info. Do you only get drops that are usable with the class you are using at the time?

Ramirez

In d1 I didn't mind playing with USA players because the lag wasn't really noticeable in raids.

This game will be huge on all platforms.

JDB

Banned
Yeah, I really don't get Blizzard's region splitting. It just mean I have to close out the game and relaunch in a different region to play with some of my friends. :/

Trogdor1123

Just saw the footage for the destiny live action trailer. That is a train I think I'd like to be on. Hype intensifying

Seriously, probably the best live action trailer evers.

I think Destiny 2 will have a massive playerbase on PC. Also how many people do you need for 4 v 4 matches or 6 man raids? I am sure the 100,000+ people at a time in NA or EU will be fine.

feel

Still going to be much smaller on pc and spread across many regions.
If it's a great game, I can't see it not being very big on PC, being a popular brand that people keep hearing about and couldn't play before, with positive word of mouth spreading across the discords and popular twitchs, and it being up there in the launcher for the massive blizzard playerbase to see and be curious about.

Meccs

Did they say anything about removing aim assist for PvP? I am not buying this game if PvP is ruined by this. The Beta was a mess already because of that...

Edit: Ok there is a separate D2 thread now. I'll post my question there.

fr0st

Banned
Didn't get to download the beta but I'm wondering if anyone here was able to run the game with a 7th gen i5 and 1050ti

Waaghals

Didn't get to download the beta but I'm wondering if anyone here was able to run the game with a 7th gen i5 and 1050ti

There are plenty of benchmarks around.

Generally any i5 will do and 1050ti should do medium/high settings @60hz 1080p.

Edit: This made me sound annoyed/unpleasant. That wasn't my intention.
Also, I haven't tried this myself, but I remember reading about the performance of the 1050 ti. your processor should be good, regardless.

Top Bottom