• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Narrative Designer Confirms Osiris and Saint-14 Are Gay (ThePleasure, GET ITT!!!™)

FunkMiller

Look, unless a narrative explicitly states that two people have a romantic involvement, it's all a load of after the fact bullshit.

Like JK Rowling and her Dumbledore is gay bullshit.

Really JK? Then why not fucking actually write that into your book?

Same goes here.

VertigoOA

Banned
I hate this... Devrim is gay too. They teased this early in Season if the Hunt content... lame.

At least Shaxx banged Mara Sov. So there’s at least one straight male in the game...

Last edited:

Ogbert

Jesus Christ.

Imagine thinking anyone gives a fuck about your ridiculous plot. It’s utter dogshit, and I say that as a fan.

Also, it’s amazing how these clowns think sexual representation has an amazing impact on the real world, but gunning down hundreds of thousands of innocents in a game doesn’t create violence.

Which is it dickheads? They’re mutually exclusive.

You should visit DTG reddit. According to fans the story is what is carrying this franchise...which is just hilarious.
Destiny Campaigns are bad campaigns period.

Lol what? I played both games to completion and max level and I literally could not name a single character or plotline. The only thing that sticks out vaguely is robot AI taking over Mars in D1. I can't remember anything about D2s story.

No my NPC friend. Wanting the developers to put their focus on creating a good game with a good story and good lore FIRST instead of doing the uninteresting shitfest that is Destiny1+2 because they are wasting resources and time to pander a group of people that doesn't give a fuck about the game just to get social points on twitter is NOT being homophobe. Is having a realistic way of understanding "how to create a good story and lore and where to put your focus".

I guess you don't read real well, then? He compared sticking unwanted story in games to sticking shit in holes it doesn't belong in. If that's not a thinly veiled homophobic slur I don't know what is.

Last edited:
That has done it. At long last Destiny has fulfilled their original promise regarding the quality of its storytelling

Destiny.jpg

Holy shit lol

Halo never even came remotely close to any of those franchises, and Destiny has an even *worse* story

Is the person who wrote this doing PR for Microsoft now?

You’ve failed to make any kind of counter point.

The issue at hand is telling everyone what set of genitals these fictional characters want to hump — it’s irrelevant and not useful. It’s the worst kind of virtue signaling, and Bungie engages in this arbitrary nonsense constantly in a desperate last gasp for any kind of cultural relevance. It’s repugnant.

Could they maybe tell us something more particular and interesting about the development of these characters themselves? If your idea of interesting is investigating the sexual proclivity of fictional space aliens than you may want to broaden your scope of interests.

"It's irrelevant and not useful"

First of all, reductionist. Second, you're attacking an argument I didn't make. I merely proved the point that people ARE interested. I think any even semi-objective observer who was an adult at the time Mass Effect launched can attest to this.

Fbh

Holy shit lol

Halo never even came remotely close to any of those franchises, and Destiny has an even *worse* story

Is the person who wrote this doing PR for Microsoft now?

It was just another quote in the long list of bullshit Bungie was saying prior to Destiny 1

Saruhashi

Banned
Meh.

People in the LGBTQ community deserve to have representation and all that so there shouldnt be any issue with LGBTQ characters in games.

The way its done is a bit weird though. Like the minimum possible effort, just saying "they are gay" on Twitter. It's not a deep or well told story or anything.

Also, in the context of Destiny, aren't these two dudes actually different species? So it's kind of an odd one where your games LGBTQ representation is a human dude and an alien dude getting it on. I guess even aliens follow the gender binary then? Tut tut, very transphobic.

Or would banging an Exo be more like getting it in with a sex doll or something. Like, aren't they robots?

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to actually just write a gay romance plot with 2 human dudes if they wanted to actively have representation? In a war context it could be an interesting and good story.

Nah lets go to Twitter. Hey remember that human dude and the robot alien thing in Destiny? They are banging! Enjoy your representation! :)

Dthomp

I hate this... Devrim is gay too. They teased this early in Season if the Hunt content... lame.

At least Shaxx banged Mara Sov. So there’s at least one straight male in the game...

Give them time...I'm sure they'll retcon that Shaxx kept the helmet on because he was afraid of Maras womanhood. This is the new PanderBungie, enjoy it :)

Dthomp

I really, really dislike this new trend of devs going on twitter to add info about characters.

It's a clear sign of shitty writers. Everything important about characters should be communicated through the actual story. If you can't do that, it is not worth mentioning.

Also, we don't need to be spoon fed fucking everything. Some mystery and grey area is ok.

Up until the point where bad storytellers explain their bad writing on twitter, your work is open for interpretation, and stronger for it.

I don't give a shit who you are, or who you fuck. You don't interest me that much. I care what you do.

I think for me, the dumbest part of this whole thing is this one writer changing years of character building and lore because "I am gay and they should be too". Somebody on reddit dug up, and this dude only started at this position, maybe with bungie 9 months ago. So this dweeb sat home playing the game just thinking about these two being gay cause he wanted to think they are, and then after getting the job gets to decide that because that's what he wanted to imagine? So screw the designers that made these characters and their "BROTHERLY" bond, something forged in the wars they fought together. You wanna push for another LBGT whatever character, that's fine (But lets not pretend that Destiny doesn't already have more of those characters then any other game), but once again these SJW style writers take already created things and change them to make them feel better instead of building something up, they gotta tear something else down and away from fans.

At least I got to rustle one little jimmies feathers with a joke in this thread, you all get so butthurt ya can't joke about anything in this such inclusive culture bubble you live in. Peace out Destiny fans

Soodanim

Look, unless a narrative explicitly states that two people have a romantic involvement, it's all a load of after the fact bullshit.

Like JK Rowling and her Dumbledore is gay bullshit.

Really JK? Then why not fucking actually write that into your book?

Same goes here.
I dunno, the Dumbledore thing doesn’t seem too bad to me. Dumbledore, despite being a good person for the most part, followed someone down a path he wouldn’t/shouldn’t have. I don’t think it kills the story for the reason he follows him is because he was into him and was blinded by it. It’s been a minute since I’ve read the books so maybe I’ve forgotten something.

But you’re absolutely right, it wasn’t written into the books at all and was tacked on. It came out of nowhere and it sounded like shipping/fan-fiction that would be dismissed if it were anyone else saying it. But at least it sort of works in this one example, that’s all I’m saying. And it’s not a “I don’t want to see gays” thing, it’s a “Why did this even come up?” thing.

Shoehorning things into games for the sake of it seems more hollow, although I haven’t played Destiny so I don’t have much to go on.

Inviusx

In a game like destiny the characters might as well be featureless blobs that serve to dispense quests and loot. I dont think anyone other than the writer has ever thought about the backstory of random hub NPC #12

Last edited:

And Ana is a lesbian.

Are we sure Shaxx banged Mara? Maybe she pegged him.

royox

I guess you don't read real well, then? He compared sticking unwanted story in games to sticking shit in holes it doesn't belong in. If that's not a thinly veiled homophobic slur I don't know what is.

Why it's homophobic? It's shit and pointless romance, straight or not, in a Looter FPS. The game has too much flaws for one of his writters to expend any minute on making his own fanfiction real.

I even would say that what is homophobic is to have one writter on Twitter screaming "X AND Y CHARACTERS ARE GAY!!!!" as if gay people were some kind of token that give social points instead of normal people. Every time I see a company being proud screaming out loud on Twitter "this char is Gay!!" "This char is Trans!!" "This char is BI!!!" all I feel is that they are using those people for their own benefit to get more sales. If they cared about inclusion they would already know that the best way to make somebody to feel included is not to scream about it and make it feel like a normal thing. Screaming about it makes it look as an EXCEPTION, making an exception is NOT being inclusive.

deafmedal

I can vividly recall the path(s) for the Gorgon maze, the pathing through the opening of CE, the order of ships in KF, the chests in the 4th D1 raid, the slide patterns in the first D2 raid when you get tossed out of the throne room, the pathing for falling in the 2nd D2 raid...

But I’ll be damned if I can remember 25% of the characters names/faces or much of anything they babble about when yelling at me to go do something while they wax poetic about how great they were. I stopped after the first DLC in D2, I cannot even remember what happened story wise, I can vaguely remember the levels.

Everyone could be gay for all I know. Was that big darth turtle dude mad at that old dude for raping him when he was a wee lad? Did the blind broad get gonorrhea of the eyes from the wizard lady sitting on her face? Who knows, who cares?!

What a load of nonsense.

Top Bottom