• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 is moving from Battle.net to Steam on September 17

#Phonepunk#

Banned
damn they are trying to give away this game so bad. i've already tried it through a couple free offers and found it dull, will pass.

PhoenixTank

Not sure it matters. Isnt the bade game along with everything already released going free? The only thing you have to pay for is the new DLC, right?
Everything from Year 1 will be free, with some additions. You can visit some Forsaken locations but can't do the story stuff there until you buy.

Iorv3th

Considering the total outrage it was for Shenmue 3 to switch from Steam to Epic, there should rationally be an equally screaming to the heavens for this move.

But I'm sure there won't be, because Bnet doesn't have the rabid fanbase that Steam does in the Great Client Wars.

Battle.net is literally only activision games. Destiny 2 is no longer an activision game. There is a huge difference and i'm sure there are people that are upset about it on other forums.

VertigoOA

Banned
Never thought I’d see people complain about a free move from battle.net to steam. Steam has a much larger pool of potential players so the benefits still outweigh any potential frustrations.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Considering the total outrage it was for Shenmue 3 to switch from Steam to Epic, there should rationally be an equally screaming to the heavens for this move.

But I'm sure there won't be, because Bnet doesn't have the rabid fanbase that Steam does in the Great Client Wars.
There won't be because Steam is the best service and most (even those with games paid to be on EGS as the rest of their games are often put on Steam) acknowledge this except when they're fanboying over Epic, whether as fanboys or paid for it. Steam didn't pay for the game to force its users to use Steam, Blizzard is releasing it, the developers are taking over and they chose Steam as the best platform for it, Epic money be damned, just like most games choose Steam by default without being forced or bribed to. Is that so hard to get? We have to have Steam backlash just because there is some for Epic's shitty store and practices? Steam is somehow warranted equal backlash otherwise it's proof that everyone against EGS is doing it purely out of being a fanboy? That's a total logical fallacy. You're somewhere completely off topic shilling for poor Epic, how can you possibly try to handwave everyone else as the fanboy due to this lack of backlash (yet anyway, lol, though if there's backlash it's the devs who will get it, not Steam itself for obvious reasons, though they have to move anyway given the circumstances, I guess you're sad it's not to EGS, lol, poor Epic/Tim).

Last edited:
Top Bottom