• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 And Halo Crossover Coming Later This Year

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

New leaks suggest that Bungie is working on its 30th Anniversary Pack for Destiny 2 and a crossover with Halo which seems to be coming later this year in December 2021. This comes from a series of different leaks shared in the span of the last three months. Originally shared in the Raid Secrets Discord server in April 2021, the notepad document contained details from Season 13 to the upcoming major expansion, The Witch Queen. Some of these details have come true in Destiny 2’s Season of the Splicer.

The original document states that there will be a “buyable pack” for Bungie’s 30th Anniversary that will be available between Season 15 and Season 16. Fast-forwarding to today, there’s a new leak shared in the Raid Secrets subreddit which claims to be the extended version of the original notepad document, includes more details on The Witch Queen expansion, the upcoming Season 15, and Destiny/Halo crossover.

Before we go any further, we do have to mention that there’s nothing officially confirmed about these details and we strongly suggest taking everything with a grain of salt. According to this new Pastebin document, the 30th Anniversary pack which seems to be releasing on December 21, 2021, will include 4 PvP maps (2 new maps and 2 from Destiny 1), a brand-new weapon-only PvP mode (no abilities) called “Hardware”. For the Destiny 2/Halo crossover, below is the list of things mentioned in the document:

• A heavy Sniper Rifle from Halo (Exotic)
  • Gravity Hammer (Exotic)
  • CE Magnum Pistol (Legendary)
  • Battle Rifle (Legendary)
  • Halo-themed armor sets
    • Hunter: ODST
    • Titan: Reach Spartan
    • Warlock: The Arbiter
  • 2 Secret missions (both Halo-themed)
Apart from that, there’s content from older Bungie titles including Myth (Claymore), Pathways into Darkness (Grenade Launcher), and Marathon (Shotgun) coming as well. The document states that one of the two seasonal teams at Bungie is working on this Anniversary pack which apparently is $20.

A Twitter user, Nyxara, who previously leaked Beyond Light and the new subclass – Stasis in April 2020 (two months before the official reveal), corroborated the new Pastebin leak saying that the Destiny 2 and “the Bungie/Halo stuff is legit” and the document shared today is “mostly legit”.

In the recent This Week At Bungie weekly blog posts, we’ve seen Bungie using some quotes from Halo including, “Don’t make a promise…“, “I need a weapon…”, and “You know the music…“. Now, if the leaks about Destiny 2 and Halo crossover are actually true, this seems to be a nice little hint at what’s coming in the future (or it could be nothing at all).

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Renozokii

The silence here is deafening. Low key plenty of weapons in destiny I’ve found to be far cooler looking and fun to shoot than most halo guns. Halo is all nostalgia.

Neolombax

Its just a rumor. Although I must say most of what's on the document has spot on so far. Its a fun read, especially if you're a Destiny fan.

Kydd BlaZe

Would love the BR in Destiny. Pulse rifles are my favorite weapons to use, honestly. I’m wondering why the sniper would need to be an exotic heavy weapon though.

SCB3

Its just a rumor. Although I must say most of what's on the document has spot on so far. Its a fun read, especially if you're a Destiny fan.

The only issue for a lot of people is when this document was first created, we don't know if it predated Season 14 or not

Neolombax

The only issue for a lot of people is when this document was first created, we don't know if it predated Season 14 or not
I think in RaidSecrets they said it was end of Jan 2021. I didn't bother to verify this, it was an ongoing discussion over there. I personally dont trust these leaks.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Destiny 2 community has been documenting elements of the alleged leak that have since been proven correct, and this week a significant milestone was hit when Bungie confirmed the game’s next season, Season of the Lost – something first named in the ‘leak’ post.

The confirmation potentially adds credence to other elements of the alleged leak document, including a description of plans for a Bungie 30th anniversary Halo crossover allegedly set to take place in December.

NinjaMouse

Gold Member
I try to get hyped for new Destiny news and content but when I load the game at the beginning of a season now, everything just feels like the same old slog and I bail out. I think there were a few seasons sprinkled in that just broke me after 6 years of dedicated play and I just can't do it anymore.

njean777

I really wish they would mainstream Destiny. There is just too many add ons. Make it a one time buy and hell maybe 2-5$ a month for a small sub that will get you all the new content. This buying seasons, and such, is just too much. Make it easier.

I like the game and would love to play it again, but I don't want to have to buy 60$ worth of seasons and such to be able to be at the most current endgame. Plus the lack of MM Raids is really off putting. Yes I get the reasoning but come on Bungie.

Last edited:

Pejo

I really wish they would mainstream Destiny. There is just too many add ons. Make it a one time buy and hell maybe 2-5$ a month for a small sub that will get you all the new content. This buying seasons, and such, is just too much. Make it easier.

I like the game and would love to play it again, but I don't want to have to buy 60$ worth of seasons and such to be able to be at the most current endgame. Plus the lack of MM Raids is really off putting. Yes I get the reasoning but come on Bungie.
I agree with this. I played through the first raid and then hated their decisions at the time so my friends and I all kinda quit. I played again for a bit when it went F2P on PC, but then they had 2 new expansions and I think you had to buy them in order or something. By the time the "new" expansion comes out, a purchase at that time should just give you all content up to that point. It's asinine to make you pay for old stuff on top of the current patch.

I try to get hyped for new Destiny news and content but when I load the game at the beginning of a season now, everything just feels like the same old slog and I bail out. I think there were a few seasons sprinkled in that just broke me after 6 years of dedicated play and I just can't do it anymore.

This is me and a buddy that were the last of us going at D2. We bought into two more season, recent seasons, played about 1 hour of new content and then found ourselves back to the same events, strikes and grinds etc. It got real old real quick and after such a long time you just wanted to go at things with our established loot/build. Bungie's answer to that...here's more of the same with level requirements forcing grinding and oh you must use new loot you don't even want to.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The developer said on Tuesday that its 30th anniversary event will be free to all Destiny players this year and will launch alongside a paid-for cosmetics pack with content based on past Bungie games Marathon and Myth.

The event’s announcement further validates an alleged roadmap that leaked online this summer, which first revealed Bungie’s intention to hold a 30th anniversary celebration and suggested that it would include weapons and armour from Halo (it also correctly predicted other content).

Although Bungie made no mention of Halo crossover content in its Destiny 2 live stream on Tuesday, assets showing some of the anniversary cosmetic items appear to show Warlock armour based on Halo’s Arbiter, a Needler Titan gauntlet and a Warlock bond that looks like a Halo ring:

This either suggests that a larger Halo announcement could be planned for a later date, or that Bungie’s alleged original plans for full Halo armour sets and weapons didn’t pan out.

E9kZ1UtVUAENBX3-1440x810.jpg

Top Bottom