• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls on PS5 to have more than 180 tutorial videos

Banned
I'm confused having never played any game in this series. Summon some other player into my game?

yes, that's the coop component. you can summon people that opt in to being summoned into your world.

and from my experience those people often are the hardcore guys that destroy anything with ease lol.

I only summoned like 3 players ever, 2 in DS1 and 1 in DS3 on bosses that annoyed me... but those guys were crazy

Senua

pPdNZ3ch.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
Tbh this is kinda the ideal game to try it out on. And with 180 vids that is well supported!! Souls will now become Dark scrubs. I wonder if they will do this retrospectively for big games like bloodborne and uncharted etc

Or maybe they should have just add difficulty options to make the game more accessible. No way in hell I'll watch 180 videos of this shit just to understand the basics.
You didn’t even read it correctly. Others are asking whether it can be turned off - how hard is it to read, people?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Is it the tips video like Sackboy in the UI video where you can click for the video of where certain items/objectives are anytime?

bender

What time is it?
Or maybe they should have just add difficulty options to make the game more accessible. No way in hell I'll watch 180 videos of this shit just to understand the basics.

There is an easy mode.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Git Gud. Don't use guides for your first run.

Trust me. The sense of pride of beating bosses solo is not something that any other game can offer and if you get help you'll never experience that pure adrenline rush. It's all worth it.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
There's your easy mode.

Just give me an easy mode, I'm old'ish and don't have the reflexes anymore.

If that's the case your time and money might be better spent elsewhere. Plenty of other good experiences to be had out there.

GymWolf

Ah, bless to all those people who think tutorial videos can make you better at Souls games.
They are pretty useless against boss because of how much different the runs can be, sometimes bosses just spam that move that fuck you over and over and sometimes they are more passive than reeee mods during white male harassing season.

That's why polls about souls more difficult bosses have wildly different opinions in them.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
What the fuck is this? You want to just mash buttons and win or something? The controls are fine.

I haven't played it but any game that needs 180 video to explain how to play is far from fine.

Esca

In general I think this is a neat feature. I have no shame admitting every once in awhile I need to look at a particular part of a walk through after not figuring something out for awhile. I played DS on the ps3 but I remember nearly nothing so this is almost like a fresh take on it for me and I'm excited

timmyp53

I haven't played it but any game that needs 180 video to explain how to play is far from fine.
Its an action rpg that can take upwards of 70+ hours for calculating newcomers. Youtube already has thousands and thousands of guides for tips and tricks for the souls series. Maybe you are thinking these guides would be for difficult enemies alone?

But yeah if you have never played a souls game or don't like that type of game then more power to you. Everyone has their preferences.

So... By watching these videos, I can look like I am playing Demon's Souls, but finish without actually playing.

Excellent solution for Easy mode!

Last edited:

Concern

Are these the monetized hint videos or just part of the game?

Hopefully there's a patch to disable by the time I get a Ps5 next year.

Last edited:

Killer8

As long as it gets certain people to shut the fuck up about difficulty modes, i'm all for it. Difficulty modes would destroy the sense of overcoming a challenge. Tutorial videos still leave it up to the player to do the actual leg work.

Some gamers would never have survived the 80s gaming era. Every game owned your soul- and broken controllers.
I was a baby in the 80s and can confirm every game owned me.

Seriously though. I believe it. I bet video game companies made a killing on game guides and help hotlines. Before the internet.

Grinchy

Banned
For games like this, if you need to find some specific ore or weapon or something, typically you have to go to a wiki. Then it gives a vague text description of where to find it. If you still can't find it, you'll now be on youtube trying to find some video. Now you're scrolling through some 12 minute video that starts with "Hey guys!' and an ad for Nord VPN to find the damn location.

This hints thing built into the OS is going to be fucking awesome compared to that. That whole annoying process is built-in and streamlined. People are sleeping on this feature.

Last edited:

Clover904

This game looks absolutely stunning, but I barely made it through Bloodborne. But knowing that loading is practically instantaneous upon death, and that guide videos are at my disposal at a push of a button, I will summon up my courage and get lost in Demon's Souls on day one. Cannot wait.

_Justinian_

Gold Member
I miss the days where games took weeks or even months to beat because of their difficulty and you had to figure out how to fight on your own. Beating the boss was its own reward.

Top Bottom