• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls now playable in RPCS3 with 60/120fps and 4k

set it up now. not getting the performance that he is, and i'm on a 7700k/1080ti. but it is still running really solid for the most part

decent amount of stuttering, not counting areas doing heavy amounts of shader caching

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i was able to get this working pretty well on my i7 7700, seemingly fully playable, at 1080p, and 30fps. it looks great, the textures may take a little time to load, and it tells you in the left corner, but once they are loaded it performs really well. only played the tutorial area, nexus, and part of boletaria, but it looked great. the cool lighting looks awesome. some simple texture upgrades and this would be an easy remaster.

MyyS7s5.png

1d3sIDk.png

mVafjdl.png

this is the guide i used for setting it up to be playable. at first i was seeing the menus but everything else was black. use these settings to get it working:

ps. i set the fps from Auto to 30 and checked Strict Rendering Mode to stop some strobe flickering i saw first in Boletaria that made the game unplayable.

Last edited:

ViolentP

Just download the game and enjoy.

That message was meant for everyone else, sorry. ViolentP, there is no reason you shouldn't have a working backup of your game.
All good. I got my copy, followed config instructions, and got the game to boot. The cutscenes however do not play. Probably not a major issue, just need the time to dig in this weekend.

Caffeine

damn I wish I had an I7, it stutters a fair bit at 30fps on i5 4360 3.2Ghz r9 390 but its playable.
I wish there was a way to turn off the motion blur tbh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom