• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Souls Remake Previews OT: Embargo lifted 10/29/2020

DId you have an out of body experience.

• Total voters

Jadsey

JEBgsqJ.gif

the_master

Cinematic mode: 4K/30fps

What if we play at 1080p? Can we have cinematic mode at 1080p/60 with raytracing??????????????????????????????????

I would love to sacrifice some resolution for framerate but keeping raytracing

Last edited:

LucidFlux

I believe you can only do Fractured in NG+, from what he said in the GI interview.

Yea I think I remember hearing that as well, but I was thinking which performance mode. The 60fps already looks fantastic so I'm curious how much better the 4k30 mode looks.

Bartski

Gold Member
Eurogamer:
Finally, for any Demon’s Souls player who remembers the laborious grind of tracking down that elusive Pure Bladestone to secure the game’s platinum trophy, Moore says players of the remake won’t suffer as much.

“You know, the grinding is part of Demon’s Souls,” he said when asked about the Pure Bladestone. “You can’t take that away. We will never do that. But yeah, we have improved drop rates. And we have added some extra items as well to make it more varied what’s dropped sometimes, and some of those items are really cool. So check them out.”

UMBASA

Terenty

This footage just confirmed that it's a westernised version of a japanese game, complete with redesigned enemies(miners look like beefed up orcs now for some reason), epic music, epic boss entrances and heroic grunts from the main character. Everything should be as epic as possible

Creepy factor is nowhere to be found

Last edited:

skneogaf

I don't want a white ps5 but I need this game so I may buy a white ps5 and sell it once the inevitable black version comes out.

This game made me feel hype that I haven't felt since god of war 2018.

Vtecomega

Banned
This footage just confirmed that it's a westernised version of a japanese game, complete with redesigned enemies(miners look like beefed up orcs now for some reason), epic music, epic boss entrances and heroic grunts from the main character. Everything should be as epic as possible

Creepy factor is nowhere to be found

Good. The devs took their own vision and approach and I am happy its not a carbon copy of Froms design and art style. I love the westernized style personally.

BrentonB

Incredibly, we still haven't seen the best of the game. So far the trailers have all been captured using Performance mode.

BrentonB

I don't want a white ps5 but I need this game so I may buy a white ps5 and sell it once the inevitable black version comes out.

This game made me feel hype that I haven't felt since god of war 2018.

Just wait for custom faceplates and switch them out. Although I'm sure Sony won't mind you buying two.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't followed consoles specs as I'm not looking forward to buying one, so I have to ask. Is 4K the new standar? Why no 1080p/60fps?

Or is that something defined in a per game basis?

LordOfChaos

It looks amazing. And this is a remake at the start of a generation. But a glimpse of what this generation could be.

GOD I need to secure a preorder.

reinking

Gold Member
So.. ..with SSD speeds I suppose the cheat where you could exit out before the game auto-saves when you die to save your souls is no longer going to work. Not that I would ever do that. :messenger_winking:

Top Bottom