• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Souls: Remake for PS4 popped up on the PlayStation database

Wonder how the PS4 will handle all that ray-tracing goodness. 😆

Seriously, I’m starting to feel duped in buying a PS5 with all of these titles going to the PS4 now. I’m fully expecting a Returnal and Ratchet and Clank SKU to show up for the PS4 by this holiday…at which point I’ll be asking what was the point of this whole PS5 console releasing in 2020?

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Seriously, I’m starting to feel duped in buying a PS5 with all of these titles going to the PS4 now. I’m fully expecting a Returnal and Ratchet and Clank SKU to show up for the PS4 by this holiday…at which point I’ll be asking what was the point of this whole PS5 console releasing in 2020?
There is no ray tracing in Demon's Souls, but there is also no WAY the PS4 would be able to handle that game decently well. It would be ugly as hell, and frankly ... after having completed DS on PS5 I just don't even see how a port would be possible. At least not a good one.

Why would you feel duped? There is also no way R&C is coming to PS4. Did you even play it?

BabyYoda

Banned
I promise you this project started as a PS4 game, but then they brought it across to the PS5 and added some admittedly pretty knobs and whistles and then either cancelled the PS4 version, or as I have been saying all along, pushed it back to artificially bolster the PS5's exclusives count and then when they think no one's looking, tadaaa, here is the PS4 version as well that we just found! It will be similar to the PS5 version, minus RT, with much longer loading times and of course lower detail, resolution and framerate, albeit, it will still essentially play the same and still look lovely. You're welcome!

A year or two from now they will announce the inevitable PC port as well!

Last edited:

Stuart360

Other than the Raytracing, is there anything really the PS4 can't handle in Demon Souls Remake?
I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a release.
Pretty sure there is no ray tracing. And the textures as they are couldnt be done on PS4, too little ram. They would have to run lower rez textures, but you would probably have to get close to stuff to really notce from sitting distance.

OceanGaming

Where is that another one gif when you need it?

Also:

pp5-932x450.jpg

Last edited:
Never got this argument. Do you feel duped when buying a 3070 because a 1060 can play the same games?

There wasn’t a promise of exclusive titles for the 3070 like there’s was for the PS5.

There is no ray tracing in Demon's Souls, but there is also no WAY the PS4 would be able to handle that game decently well. It would be ugly as hell, and frankly ... after having completed DS on PS5 I just don't even see how a port would be possible. At least not a good one.

Why would you feel duped? There is also no way R&C is coming to PS4. Did you even play it?

Yes I own R&C. And while it looks great, it’s not fun-it’s quite boring and not as good as past entries.

And save for a handful of levels I’m sure it could be ported over, and new content introduced to patch over the holes.

OceanGaming

Returnal : Yes
Ratchet & Clank : No

McHuj

CPU wise then game can run on PS3 as it's the identical game. I'm sure they can reduce the graphics and probably have to stick with 30fps.

But, I would be annoyed with this. I would have probably kept my XSX pre-order vs PS5 that I have now.

NonPhixion

Bluepoint's contract of support for Demon's Souls ended last December. They are working on a new project and have not been working on porting this title. And we all know what happened to Japan Studio. Sorry if I've crushed your port hopes.

Dr Bass

There wasn’t a promise of exclusive titles for the 3070 like there’s was for the PS5.

Yes I own R&C. And while it looks great, it’s not fun-it’s quite boring and not as good as past entries.

And save for a handful of levels I’m sure it could be ported over, and new content introduced to patch over the holes.
Dude, no. Please go look at the developer interviews. It's a PS5 exclusive. Period. It can't come to the PS4 unless it's an entirely different game. It's just not possible at all.

I also think it is great fun and by far better than the last entry. So your opinion in that area is just that. An opinion. What's fact is it's a PS5 exclusive.

Weird ass attempts to try and discredit PS5 exclusivity on this board going on lately.

Why do people keep forgetting about the PS3 version?

As for if it's possible on the PS4 I believe it is since it was possible on the PS3. But there would be some pretty big downgrades in order for it to work on the platform.

I'm not mad that they focused on the PS5 version for this game since the game takes advantage of the hardware quite well.

Last edited:

Saucy Papi

Dude, no. Please go look at the developer interviews. It's a PS5 exclusive. Period. It can't come to the PS4 unless it's an entirely different game. It's just not possible at all.

I also think it is great fun and by far better than the last entry. So your opinion in that area is just that. An opinion. What's fact is it's a PS5 exclusive.

Weird ass attempts to try and discredit PS5 exclusivity on this board going on lately.
We're angry we can't get a PS5.

Smoke6

I promise you this project started as a PS4 game, but then they brought it across to the PS5 and added some admittedly pretty knobs and whistles and then either cancelled the PS4 version, or as I have been saying all along, pushed it back to artificially bolster the PS5's exclusives count and then when they think no one's looking, tadaaa, here is the PS4 version as well that we just found! It will be similar to the PS5 version, minus RT, with much longer loading times and of course lower detail, resolution and framerate, albeit, it will still essentially play the same and still look lovely. You're welcome!

A year or two from now they will announce the inevitable PC port as well!
This soo much how I feel right now bro!!!!

Astral Dog

I would get it for PS4 but i don't see the point to release this late.

Gameplay easily fits into PS4 it should have been cross gen from day one, just keep it as PS5 exclusive now

Returnal : Yes
Ratchet & Clank : No

Even IF Ratchet and Clack isn’t ported (it will be, especially if Sony can’t get enough consoles out there—just wait), that’s…um…one of two AAA , $80 (U.S.) games total that are PS5 exclusive now from launch to end of 2021.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What’s the raytracing in this game. I played it through to completion and didn’t know it had it lol.
also the game is just pretty good in my opinion and not as amazing as people think compared to other from soft games.

I could totally see this running at 1440p 30 FPS on PS4 pro , 900 to 1080p on PS4.

Banned

all that would most likely change in a PS4 port is longer loading, lower res textures, 900p on base, 1080p on pro and running at 30fps

there are worse running and looking games on PS4.

Top Bottom