• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Souls Digital Deluxe Edition

Hostile_18

Banned
I bet this is a publisher contractual obligation. THIS IS GOING AGAINST THE DEVELOPERS WISHES.

Why would someone buy this can't they just learn not every game is for them and stick with Barbie House Ride Simulator, where they belong!

They should be GRATEFUL they are allowed to play one level of a game that requires our level of skill.

I know I can just ignore people who buy the special edition but knowing they exist will lessen my enjoyment. Challenge through adversity or nothing.

Prepare to pay edition.

Bartski

Gold Member
It would be a shit show if you couldn't. They will be spread across the game, but I doubt they will be OP as early game gear.
Even with the special edition, you probably need to reach the Nexus to get them (probably from Stockpile Thomas) or they unlock with the ability to level up (after completing 1-1).
I really hope so. This really feels like a dick move 'cause if they're not - I know I'll end up buying it and hating myself for it. Seriously 89 EURO? :messenger_astonished:

John2290

I can't stand these extra editions in the best of circumstances but this is a particular load of wank. This Generation leap looks bad on all sides now and I can't even find a switch in stock to blow my budget on that. Regardless, I'm staying well away from this disaster until in pans out after a year or two.

Wait, are Sony the baddies now?

It only becomes standard if it succeeds.. if everyone buy the normal edition they are less likely to pull that shit a second time.

True. I generally buy the standard edition for that very reason. I don’t think these special editions sell remotely close numbers-wise to the standard edition, but I could be wrong. $99 Horizon Dawn Aloy’s ultra edition incoming. I’m scared to see what COD and EA are cooking up.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I really hope so. This really feels like a dick move 'cause if they're not - I know I'll end up buying it and hating myself for it. Seriously 89 EURO? :messenger_astonished:
If Bluepoint keeps FromSoftware style of delivering pre-order/special edition items, they won't be available right after making a new character, you need to play a little bit and reach a certain point to get them.
I paid 67€ for the normal version (physical pre-order), and whenever I'm done with it I'll sell it to get Sackbro used, so Sony will be losing money with me with their price hike. I'll rebuy it whenever it reaches 20€ digital on sale.
The only other game I plan to buy on release is Elden Ring, everything else will be used or digital on sale... whenever... (I have 60+books to read while I wait for sales).

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
4gpjsa.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If they really wanted to make DLC, they should have done something similar to Old Hunter DLC in Bloodborne. In that DLC we got new weapons along side epic boss fights and interesting lore.

This is why FROM themselves should have either handled this remake or supervise it, but I guess their hands are already full making Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Barnabot

Deluxe Edition with no season pass included.

And you guys thinking that there won't by any season pass at all.

If they really wanted to make DLC, they should have done something similar to Old Hunter DLC in Bloodborne. In that DLC we got new weapons along side epic boss fights and interesting lore.

This why FROM themselves should have either handled this remake or supervise it, but I guess their hands are already full making Elden Ring.
They're totally going to milk the game with a couple or more DLCs.
I expect the a broken archstone expansions plus some other content.

And I guess Sony wasn't able to persuade FROM in supervising the game.

Having multiple 'editions' of games at launch just feels scummy to me. I really like the approach where its just the standard edition; really gives good impression about the game, the devs and publishers.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I expect the a broken archstone expansions plus some other content.
But question comes do I want Bluepoint to do the DLC for this game? I don't want to be mean but when was the last time Bluepoint made their own original game? I dont think I can trust them to make whole new content for this game, I would rather see FROM themselves handle that.

EDMIX

This is why FROM themselves should have either handled this remake or supervise it, but I guess their hands are already full making Elden Ring.

? Who is to say they are not going to do that?

Old Hunter DLC didn't come at launch and wasn't announced at launch...

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
The only advantage deluxe owner have are the souls, then again a legendary only nets you 10,000 souls and the ring of longevity sounds like a "HP booster" ... completely useless later on.

Both armor sets do not exist in the OG game (for the player), the red eye knight being a end game enemy. It would be strange to give a low level new player a high end armor, with stats meant for end game players? Has to be cosmetic.

useless souls (no biggie), useless grass-food, a nice to have to noob ring for early levels, red eye knight armor cosmetic + OG soundtrack? But why did they add a hoplite shield ... i dont know :p

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
He's a troll.

Like these prices haven't been a thing most of this gen. Current games have $99 deluxe editions and you pay more if you want physical items.

Sony 1st party digital deluxe games have been $10 more for the most part and came with a pin. Think Spider-Man was $20 but came with season pass too

try again

Top Bottom