• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demolish Fist is one of the weirdest beat em ups I’ve ever played

VGEsoterica

Ever want to fight a pack of rogue fork lifts that are piloting themselves? Or weird doll like angels that float down from the sky? Or even lift an entire limo or a section or a passenger jet over your head and throw it at your enemies like a projectile? I didn’t realize I did either till I played Demolish Fist.

As a fan of beat em ups, I try to check them all out...and wow is Demolish Fist weird and awesome and confusing AF! It’s like the 3D incarnation of Ninja Baseball Bat Man in both the weirdness and awesomeness department. It’s a hard game to describe because when you start writing what it’s like the sentences start to seem like complete nonsense!

it’s basically just a Dreamcast game as the Atomiswave was a DC with extra VRAM and Sound Ram. I’ve been poking around the Dreamcast SDK and the Atomiswave files to see if it would ever be possible to cross port the games over. Granted all my coding skills are self taught so maybe I’m not the best person for the job but...considering it was unported more people need to play this weird ass game.

Anyone else have any particularly weird gaming suggestions? I always love a good “what the hell” type of game haha. But if you haven’t played Demolish Fist yet, do it!

VGEsoterica

Like these guys...I mean what is going on? Lol

tuLSm0X.png

NahaNago

Never heard of the game but then again I never did get in to the dreamcast. Forklift thing was weird and typical whip lady. Looks like something I would have enjoyed back when it released.

Wait atomiswave. Neverheard of that either.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

Never heard of the game but then again I never did get in to the dreamcast. Forklift thing was weird and typical whip lady. Looks like something I would have enjoyed back when it released.

Wait atomiswave. Neverheard of that either.

Yeah Atomiswave is the Dreamcasts “closest” sibling.

Atomiswave was a Dreamcast with extra VRAM and Sound Ram

NAOMI was a Dreamcast with a power bump to the GPU while sharing the same CPU’s and the same architecture.

Hikaru was Dreamcast like sharing the game CPU’s with a custom GPU solution unlike Dreamcast

and NAOMI 2 has double the RAM as NAOMI and a second GPU on board.

But “Dreamcast” was actually a family of five platforms. Atomiswave was sold by Sammy, which merged with Sega (can’t remember the exact year)

Sadly the NAOMI family was Sega’s last original hardware design. Triforce and Chihiro were Nintendo and Xbox hardware based and from there it went to pc hardware in a box

Top Bottom