• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deliver Us Mars - Announcement trailer

wipeout364

Really enjoyed the first for what it was, I am interested to see how this turns out.

Surely developer's need to start focusing on current generation only now? There's enough consoles and obviously PCs to support it now.

I don’t know if you played the first one but it wasn’t a graphical powerhouse. I don’t think this is a very big team and the gameplay is walking simulator with a little bit of action, targeting PS4 honestly probably makes zero difference for this studio.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Experience a hand-crafted narrative adventure, with a full motion-capture cast, new and improved mechanics, and a brand new traversal system.

The Red Planet comes to life as you journey through dusty plains, icy craters and canyons with real-time ray traced shadows and reflections on supported platforms.

Deliver Us Mars is coming soon to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC.

wipeout364

Looks great, just hope they don’t over extend themselves with scale and it hurts gameplay. Looking forward to see where the story goes, enjoyed the narrative of the first game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out 12 minutes of gameplay from an early chapter in Deliver Us Mars, the upcoming sci-fi action-adventure set on the Red Planet, after protagonist Kathy Johanson crash-lands. Developer KeokeN says "This level offers a framework for players to learn Deliver Us Mars' platforming - then the challenge will gradually escalate over the course of the game, with the puzzle mechanics highlighted in this footage similarly ramping up in difficulty." Deliver Us Mars will be released on September 27 for PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Looks cool. What's the gameplay?

Edit: Just saw the gameplay video posted.

Edit: Looks pretty janky and floaty (and not just Mars gravity floaty), but could be fun.

Last edited:

Roberts

Climbing axe stuff is straight out of Tomb Raider reboot.

Liked the first one. Don't remember much about it, but it was a solid walking simulator.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join members of the development team as they give insight into the story and cast of Deliver Us Mars, the upcoming sci-fi adventure sequel coming to PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on September 27, 2022.

winjer

Gold Member
The actress is kinda pretty and cute. But her in-game model looks so bad, it could be an NPC.
Considering the game has a big focus on narrative and her character, it seems odd they didn't make a better effort.

Duchess

The actress is kinda pretty and cute.

True.

headshot-2-1.jpg

(Ellise Chappell)

Last edited:

Sorne

Nice! I liked the first one. Great atmosphere and soundtrack. Looking forward to this one as well.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the latest Deliver Us Mars developer diary for the upcoming sci-fi adventure sequel to 2019's Deliver Us The Moon. Join members of the development team and voice actor Ellise Chappell (Kathy Johanson) to learn about the Johanson family, as well as the game's story.

Deliver Us Mars will be released on PC via Steam and Epic Games Store, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and Xbox One on February 2, 2023.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Are you ready for the journey of your life? Deliver Us Mars lands on 2 February 2023 on PlayStation® 5, PlayStation® 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store.

Last edited:
Shouldve released last year. Now all the space horror hype went to Dead Space Remake and next week everyones gonna be a wizard.

aries_71

I don’t know. Played the first chapter yesterday. I understand it’s a small studio, but the jank is strong with this one.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Deliver Us Mars reviewed by Leana Hafer on PC, also available on Xbox and PlayStation.

A rousing mystery brought to life by a great voice cast and nuanced character writing can't really save Deliver Us Mars from its shortcomings. Poor technical performance during cutscenes and backstory that is too often delivered by these barely-differentiated mannequins make it difficult to get sucked into this extraterrestrial world. Even when it’s running smoothly, frustrating climbing and platforming mechanics are just a chore to get through so that you can reach the more clever puzzles and rewarding exploration that break up the annoyances with moments of wonder and satisfaction.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Just finished it. It was good. Not great, but good. Somewhat uneven. The platforming/climbing parts really sucked and were janky but rest of the gameplay was good. The graphics, apart from character models, and atmosphere were pretty good. Surprisingly lengthy and great voice acting I must say. The story was also good.
It was pretty cheap so completely worth it I believe.

Top Bottom