• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Decent 42” 4K set?

Jesb

So I’ve been thinking of setting up another game room, have like no privacy as much anymore with my family over so much, so figured it be a good idea to set up another gaming room. I don’t need the best, anything decent will do. I won’t need more than 42” since distance is only about 3-3.5’ away.

Jesb

The LG C2 would be great but it goes for around $1500 here. Not really looking to spend that much for not even my main gaming room.

FeastYoEyes

So I’ve been thinking of setting up another game room, have like no privacy as much anymore with my family over so much, so figured it be a good idea to set up another gaming room. I don’t need the best, anything decent will do. I won’t need more than 42” since distance is only about 3-3.5’ away.
Been wanting the same thing man. C2s way over my budget tho.

nocsi

this is the cheapest I’ve seen an oled 42, but if you’re so budget conscious, I’d suggest saving your money to survive the upcoming recession. The poors will be dropping like flies
V5oAO0S.jpg

Last edited:
At that size consider the LG GQ900 or Asus PG42UQ. Monitors, technically, but are perfect for PS5/XSX.

Both are usually for sale at or around $1000.

Jesb

At that size consider the LG GQ900 or Asus PG42UQ. Monitors, technically, but are perfect for PS5/XSX.

Both are usually for sale at or around $1000.

Those are two or three times as much as the Samsung. Is the Samsung I posted not worth it?

For $350 Vizio has the most decent TVs in the game.

TheShocker

The ONLY answer is a 42in OLED. The C2 or wherever Sony offers.

I believe there are gaming monitor OLEDs trickling out too in that size, but those might be more expensive than a TV.

Those are two or three times as much as the Samsung. Is the Samsung I posted not worth it?
The Samsung is a 60hz, LED without HDMI 2.1 ports.

The LG and Asus models are OLED which is significantly better for color reproduction and brightness/darkness. Plus with HDMI 2.1 you can play up to 120fps for games that support it.

Top Bottom