• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop takes No.1 in dominant week for PS5 | UK Boxed Charts

yazenov

Overall, it was a big week for PS5, driven by an influx of new hardware coming to retailers. Spider-Man: Miles Morales jumped 223% in sales, rising from No.13 to No.2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart re-entered the charts at No.4 after a 630% sales spike, while Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut is up 13 places to No.6 after a 233% sales rise.
these are only boxed sales, and digital downloading has increased rapidly over the last four years (particularly during the pandemic), so it's highly likely that the game's performance is significantly higher
GfK top ten for the week ending September 18, 2021:

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
New Entry1Deathloop
13 2Spider-Man: Miles Morales
43Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
Re-Entry4Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
55Minecraft (Switch)
196Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
77Animal Crossing: New Horizons
18Wario Ware: Get It Together
89F1 2021
310NBA 2K22

I actually more impress with Spider-Man and Mario Kart.
I stopped being confused by Mario Kart 8 and GTA V. Now, I'm just confused.

Nothing against the games, it's just insane how there are still enough people to buy these games every single month that didn't even release this generation initially.

yazenov

I guess all those appearances in Sony events paid off....or we are thisrty as fuck for next (current) gen content.

Yeah I don't know why all the previous concern for too much DeathLoop exposure in Sony's events. I mean, more eyes on it leads to more potential buyers. It helps that also the reviews for the game were overwhelmingly positive.

Last edited:

nowhat

I stopped being confused by Mario Kart 8 and GTA V. Now, I'm just confused.

Nothing against the games, it's just insane how there are still enough people to buy these games every single month that didn't even release this generation initially.
I kinda understand MK8 though - it's a must-own for Switch IMHO and while it did release at first on WiiU, only like twelve people bought that console (myself included, still ended up getting the Switch version too)

Thief1987

Just position on the chart doesn't say much, especially if the game started lower than Prey, and Prey was a glorious bomba.

Fake

Given the number of PS5s out there vs PS4/XB1s when Prey was released that seems pretty good? Though it's a shame that Arkane games never seem to sell well.

Well, with all due respect, those guys are to blame. I reading complains about perfomance issues/bugs all over the place, so, maybe for them can be a shock but people stop recommending this game as soon as they know this play bad.

I still recommend games to members of my family/friends (friends, brothers and cousins), but based on what I experience. Crysis (PC) for example, is a good game, but the remastered is an atrocity, so none of my family/friends get recommendation.

Thats explain 'why' games like GTAV, Mario Kart and BOTW never stop selling. People love those games and as a consequence they promote the game without knowing it.

Last edited:
I kinda understand MK8 though - it's a must-own for Switch IMHO and while it did release at first on WiiU, only like twelve people bought that console (myself included, still ended up getting the Switch version too)
True, but still, the Switch is almost 5 years old now.

Dabaus

Banned
UK is xboxs second best market and we havent heard a peep about its performance for awhile. Meanwhile switch and ps5 trade months for whose the best selling. Those software splits arent painting a pretty picture either. Apparently sony is going pretty hard with the fifa marketing as well from posts ive seen.

Kokoloko85

Mario kart and Spider-Man has to be because it comes with Switch Bundle lol. Mario Kart comes free with the Switch in the UK bundles. Well thats how I bought it. Switch with Mario Kart cost the same as just the Switch alone

Thats also probably the last time an Arkane game will chart

Last edited:

Plantoid

Every year digital sales increases and physical decreases, specially for Sony who releases it's info on sales and splits ( you can Google it up)

If it charted just below prey and prey was released when physical had a bigger share over digital (abeit not over 50%) AND it released on multiple platforms, then we can say that deathloop charted pretty good

assurdum

Banned
This is funny but not for the reason you think 🤭 It literally proves what I said about Returnal bundles since Returnal is nowhere to be seen on this chart despite PS5 games having 600% sales spikes.
Jon Stewart Queue GIF

Hezekiah

Banned
Good to see Deathloop doing well here.

Ghosts dropped to 19, then jumped back to six, presumably there was a big shipment of PS5's last week? Not that I could find any.

Dabaus

Banned
Week in week out it seems to me that xbox is losing ground in the UK. We dont hear anything about it selling well and the software sales splits ratios are awful. If xbox loses the UK and ONLY has the united states as its only viable region things could get ugly, all in my opinion. The spin i see is that tradional metrics that meaure success in business and particularly the game games industry no longer apply to xbox because...reasons. The problem is these metrics DO matter and the xbox doesnt operate in a vacuum. Anyways here some of the spin im seeing from people that say metrics dont matter:

Hardware sales dont matter
Markets share doesnt matter
Software sales dont matter
Software sales splits dont matter
Publisher relations unhappy with poor software sales dont matter
Publisher drops support because audience doesnt purchase software doesnt matter
Entire regions no longer see xbox as viable platform doesnt matter
Boardroom unhappy with amount money spent and nothing to show for doesnt matter
Rumors of gaming department closing or sold off doesnt matter

Last edited:
Week in week out it seems to me that xbox is losing ground in the UK. We dont hear anything about it selling well and the software sales splits ratios are awful. If xbox loses the UK and ONLY has the united states as its only viable region things could get ugly, all in my opinion. The spin i see is that things dont matter when they absolutely 100 percent do because they all effect one another and xbox doesnt operate in a vacuum.

Hardware sales dont matter
Markets share doesnt matter
Software sales dont matter
Software sales splits dont matter
Publisher relations unhappy with poor software sales dont matter
Publisher drops support because audience doesnt purchase software doesnt matter
Entire regions no longer see xbox as viable platform doesnt matter
Boardroom unhappy with amount money spent and nothing to show for doesnt matter
Rumors of gaming department closing or sold off doesnt matter
Xbox just had the best year ever. Better close that gaming department.

Top Bottom