• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop Sequel or DLC Seemingly in Development

Draugoth

Gold Member
deathlopo.jpg

source

Arkane Studios may be working on a Deathloop follow-up of some sort, according to sources. One of the people involved with the original Deathloop title suggests that a new game or a DLC could be cooking at Arkane Studios.

After Arkane Studios revealed that Deathloop takes place in the Dishonored universe, which had been a long-standing fan theory up until then, most fans expected that there wasn't much else to say about the game. Now, however, voice actors Jason Kelley and Ozioma Akagha, voicing Colt and Julianna, respectively, have thrown a wrench into this idea. Speaking in an interview with Streamily, Kelley admitted that both of them are still under contract with Arkane, and that they are working on something related to Deathloop. While the nature of this project is currently unknown, it's almost certainly an expansion pack or a sequel to the main story.

Whether we're getting a sequel or DLC, I would love if they could expand the PVP meta. More slabs, more stylish weapons, more stages and devices to play around with. This would keep it fresh.

Arachnid

Sounds great, but if it's a sequel, make things a bit more complex please. Deathloop was basically an extremely dumbed down Dishonored. The AI, especially, was brain dead.

Prey DLC was dope at least.

But i don't really want anything from Deathloop, whether it's a sequel, a standalone or a DLC.
I'm up for it being a Dishonored style sequel that takes place in a futuristic setting. Deathloop itself was basically Dishonored 3. They could do some cool things with the setting.

Last edited:

Certinty

I’m game. Loved the game and it’s easily one of this gen’s biggest surprises as I didn’t really expect much at all.

once i finally understood that deathloop wasn't about finding a way of doing things, but was about finding the way of doing things, i genuinely enjoyed it. before that, tho, for the first several hours? not so much...

Mozzarella

I hope they either make a new IP or go back to Dishonored franchise.
Or just Remake Arx Fatalis or make a sequel for it.

Last edited:
Always wondered why they didn't make DLC for Deathloop. Just reuse the maps, reuse the assets, just randomize weapon/item locations and scramble all the targets into different areas with different scenarios. Time loop games always suffer from that "you can only truly experience it ONCE" syndrome.

Make 2-3 new scenarios with remixed stories and charge like $20. I'd buy it.

Jaybe

Eh, Deathloop was an alright play through once to experience it but I was done with Colt and Julianna by the end. Speaking of the end, such an unsatisfying conclusion too. Not sure who’s clamouring for more of this. Hopefully it’s not a loop game again if they are making more of it.

Jennings

This is fine. Based on the Deathloop base game I doubt the team could make anything good anyway so having them stuck on this project is no big loss.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This is fine. Based on the Deathloop base game I doubt the team could make anything good anyway so having them stuck on this project is no big loss.
try the Prey DLC. It does everything Deathloop does, except it's way more interesting and better executed.

Robb

Gold Member
The game didn’t click with me unfortunately. I’d rather see a new IP or Dishonored 3 from them.

Chukhopops

I like Deathloop so far but it’s obvious it has a very conflicted game design and many things were changed several times across development.

You can see what Arkane initially wanted to do (a gigantic puzzle) but they really overestimated the players’ ability and/or patience to figure things out and had to dumb it down, make it less punishing and more straightforward - probably during initial playtesting.

The world design and concept are still spectacular in my opinion but the final product feels… weird somehow.

YuLY

Ugh, just make dishonored 3 please.
Yep, pretty much. One of the few moments when I wish the publisher (MS) would just intervene and tell em that they need to make games that actually sell. Not that Dishonored sold a ton mind you, but I'm pretty sure it was still their most popular francise. They tried this weird 60s inspired time loop game and gamers barely cared, lets move on please.

xrnzaaas

Zero interest in more of Deathloop. Unfortunately Dishonored 3 or Prey 2 are rather unlikely to be made or even if they do they won't be 100% singleplayer titles anymore.

GymWolf

Yep, pretty much. One of the few moments when I wish the publisher (MS) would just intervene and tell em that they need to make games that actually sell. Not that Dishonored sold a ton mind you, but I'm pretty sure it was still their most popular francise. They tried this weird 60s inspired time loop game and gamers barely cared, lets move on please.
A dark messiah 2 would be another nice option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom