• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEATHLOOP Review Thread

Banjo64

cumsessed
unbenanntefjnh.jpg

wOs

Its their IP and their studio...lets not move the goal post. They're reportedly hands off with all their studios anyway.
People will do anything to downplay either sides wins. I guess that's the problem is people think they need to win or lose.

ButchCat

At least the game will have an advantage sales wise of it being considered an exclusive launch game, that and the fact that the PS5 lineup is still pretty dry and so that early adopters will prob be more open minded to play anything at this point.

Last edited:

tommib

OT created, guys. It's my first one. Feedback is welcome!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Now looking forward VERY MUCH to Halo Infinite reviewing worse than this, and the mental gymnastics that will ensue from just about every single console warrior on both sides 🤣

It’ll be like the fucking Kobayashi Maru with more thread bans.

Last edited:

Skifi28

So, do we wish for it to fail because it's a Microsoft game or do we praise it to hell because it's a PS exclusive? I'm confused here.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So, do we wish for it to fail because it's a Microsoft game or do we praise it to hell because it's a PS exclusive? I'm confused here.
That's awfully one-sided. Don't forget all those who keep pointing out this is a Microsoft published game and will be "free" on gamepass in a year

bender

What time is it?
Really surprised but I suppose this game is extremely hard to preview do to the complexities. Arkane's games aren't my jam and rogue tropes appear to be the new skill trees/crafting elements that every other game wants to incorporate.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Or I own all systems and this is the literally the truth. I have played and enjoyed everything first party on my PS5 and still play Horizon in February. There is a performance advantage on PC compared to PS5 because it's a expensive gaming PC. Jesus are you that insecure?
It was a joke. But I think I hit a nerve

Ogbert

So, none of the reviews I’ve read so far have answered my fundamental question.

Is the puzzle hard? Is it a brain teaser to work out how to kill everyone?

Or, alternatively, is it actually quite obvious, you just need to spend a bit of time grinding up weapons and visiting each area?

So, none of the reviews I’ve read so far have answered my fundamental question.

Is the puzzle hard? Is it a brain teaser to work out how to kill everyone?

Or, alternatively, is it actually quite obvious, you just need to spend a bit of time grinding up weapons and visiting each area?
Karak Karak said the game was surprisingly easy, but I'm not sure if he was speaking to combat specifically or the total package.

Amazing and congrats to Xbox game studios Arkane.

So who were saying Arkane is dead or Arkane sucks?

These new Xbox game studios are fire. Flight Sim 90 + then Psychonauts 2 close to 90 and 3rd Deathloop again close to 90. Forza Horizon 5 will continue the trend.

Future is bright for Xbox game studios (studios acquired in 2018 and beyond).

Del_X

Very little time to play games right now, but this is definitely going in my 3-for-2 target special

FranXico

Where are all the dickheads shitting on this game?
You know who you were complaining everytime Sony showed it off on one of their State of Plays. Looks like crow gonna be served. Especially the retards who looked down on this game just because MS bought the developer. Thank you Arkane
I'm eating my crow. They did show the game too many times though.

Congratulations to Arkane for all their hard work on this game over the last few years.

Last edited:
Support the developer for fuck's sake. Don't you people want to pay for games anymore? At least the money for Dearhloop goes to Xbox (a part of it anyways).
Developers are compensated for putting games on Game pass. Do you honestly think games on the service aren't paid for? In the case of Arkane those guys are on MS payroll. I am pretty confident they aren't working for free.

Now looking forward VERY MUCH to Halo Infinite reviewing worse than this, and the mental gymnastics that will ensue from just about every single console warrior on both sides 🤣

It’ll be like the fucking Kobayashi Maru with more thread bans.
343 black spot in Xbox family. Child that brought nothing but shame to family. I just want 343 to go away and take Halo with them. XBOX have other studios and IPs now. Dont need Halo.

GymWolf

Kinda crazy hearing 12 to 15 hrs for 70 squid. Ffs
Usually you can multiply than number for 2x if you like exploring and getting all the lore\upgrades and even more if you do more stealth than gun shooting in arkane games.

Some people finished dishonored 2 in 8 hours, after 8 hours i was still in the middle of the second mission (on max difficulty tho)

Last edited:
Top Bottom