• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop Official Gameplay Trailer 3

ButchCat

I'm really digging what I'm seeing so far. Very Bond-esque trailer. May can't come soon enough.

Also the fact that an assassin can assume the look of a guard is def gonna keep you on your toes. Reminds me a bit of AC Brotherhood's multiplayer.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Looks awesome. Don’t get some of the negativity.

If I had to guess, I imagine it will essentially be like Hotline Miami, or perhaps Bloodroot, where you clear screens or hit checkpoints. Your ammunition obviously looks limited, so you’ll have to work out the most efficient way to progress.

As you gain more abilities, you can then rerun previous areas to reach new unlocks or skills and progress the story.

You’ll die at the end of an area but have learned the abilities to go a different route on the next play.

I still don't comprehend how this game works but I'm going to trust in Arkane here.

...I really need to get around to playing Dishonored 1.

OrangeSun77

Neo Member
To say that an arkane game is bad, you have to be a troll / hater with no cure. the game looks fantastic and is possibly one of the best games of this year.

MiguelItUp

I've loved what Arkane has done in the past, but something about the game just doesn't feel appealing to me. Nothing really looks new, exciting, or unique... Still willing to give it a chance though!

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Wait...the chick can change into AI skins?

May is for Multiplayer.

Deathloop, Knockout City, Hood Outlaws and Legends.

Last edited:

linkroi

Honestly, i think it's one of my most anticipated games of 2021, i really like the atmosphere "vibe" from the trailer, looks like an angry version of Dishonored, the gameplay looks so fun ! can't wait to play it, gonna be day"one" if the game runs fine.

"What to do when the bullet is the same but...the killer's always new"

Very cool trailer, weaving in and out of ingame footage interspersed with stylish animations. The pastel (I think?) look that's so reminiscent of Dishonored is lovely and gels perfectly with the art deco stylings and mood.

Also, this article will make it easier to understand what is being shown

This looks excellent. Arkane is a great developer, and this game looks like it's going to deliver much of the cool and fun combat options from the Dishonored series that I never engaged with because those games actively discouraged that playstyle. Looking forward to it,

MastaKiiLA

This continues to intrigue me. I just want to see more extended gameplay. The short cuts can always be deceiving.

As already mentioned, cool trailer song. It definitely give a Bond film vibe.

horkrux

So you have to kill all the dudes and dudettes in one go? I wonder how long a successful run will end up being.
I love me some Arkane goodness and this looks interesting for sure.

Raven117

Love the style, hate the whole "loop" roguelike thing going on.

I want to support Arkane, but this just isn't for me at full price.

Glad to see this is releasing on PC on the same day as the PS5. For some reason I thought it was a PS5 exclusive until next year. I wonder if this will go up on PC Gamepass.

Why does African-American stereotype woman with an afro shoot Niko Bellic though? Bad date?

Love Arkane's games, I played Dishonored and Dishonored 2/Death of the Outsider just last year and it turned out to be one of my favorite series. I also finally played Prey and despite the game having some technical issues it was excellent.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
inject that shit directly into my veins GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

I like Arkane as part of the legacy of Looking Glass, but I never really cared for the stylistic art direction they've gone with. It's the reason why I never went past few hours in Dishonored, and pretty much all the games since have had looks I've disliked. Prey has been the only new game I've actually got through from them, even though I adore the game design legacy they still subscribe to. This could also have some great gameplay ideas, but nothing's really grabbing me from what they've show so far.

Areiz

Banned
Glad to see this is releasing on PC on the same day as the PS5. For some reason I thought it was a PS5 exclusive until next year. I wonder if this will go up on PC Gamepass.

Why does African-American stereotype woman with an afro shoot Niko Bellic though? Bad date?

Love Arkane's games, I played Dishonored and Dishonored 2/Death of the Outsider just last year and it turned out to be one of my favorite series. I also finally played Prey and despite the game having some technical issues it was excellent.

I'm definitely going to buy this on PC

Top Bottom