• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop delayed to September 14th 2021 (Prev release date: 21st May)

SLB1904

Banned
1. Remake of old game, albeit a great one
2. Standalone DLC like game, cross gen.
3. Decent platformer, cross gen
4. Amazing free system add-on

I give it 2/4 for truly great experiences. Miles was a good experience but too short and clearly a DLC turned standalone project mid development, Sackboy is a fun albeit outdated form of platformer.

The PS5 launch wasn't as barren as Xbox and their output has been the best out of all the companies in gaming, but that was expected from Sony, and now it seems without those games they had ready for launch they're running out of steam and are having to delay games. Horizon II will likely be another casualty after GT7 as will GOW Ragnarok and FF 16, so it has went from a phenomenal year to a luke warm year at least till Q3/4, I know it isn't all Jim's fault, just sick of the lack of communication from Sony on these areas.

Ratchet is the game that can make all this feel okay, as that looks genuinely next gen, they have fucked over Returnal though and I bet you it will sale pretty poorly compared to other Sony first party titles.
that game doesn't count because of reasons.

Chukhopops

Ohh shit.

I didnt even think about that.
If Deathloop is day and date Gamepass thats super fucked up for PS fans of the game.
If it’s on PC day one and is a Bethesda game then it should be on GP PC day one.

But Im betting on maybe a couple months of timed exclusivity before it’s ported.

cormack12

Gold Member
Even outside of this there are plenty of opportunities to build points and at a quick pace. Every week there is a free “weekly treasure” that gives you points and “bonus rounds” worth a lot as well. You can also earn points everyday from achievements, purchasing any newly released games/DLC, renting movies, etc. If you keep up with their weekly rewards set you can build your points substantially every few weeks. It all adds up. I’m almost ready to redeem three months of GamePass Ultimate but might just keep saving the points.

You should do an OT man. I struggle to get more than 500 points on rewards so a good OT and earning the most per month would be awesome.

xShaun

That is a weird delay.
I would love to know what happened behind the scenes.
I was going to mention Covid but it is very strange timing indeed. Surely they can squish out extra bugs and polish it more with the time though, so perhaps it isn't a bad move on their part.

ethomaz

Banned
I was going to mention Covid but it is very strange timing indeed. Surely they can squish out extra bugs and polish it more with the time though, so perhaps it isn't a bad move on their part.
Yeap... they already delayed around 6 months due Covid so I'm curious what is happening now... maybe they faced some major bugs.

NickFire

I can't help but wonder if this delay was to keep PS5 from having another exclusive several months before the platform whose owner bought the IP has another one.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Are we still pretending Ratchet is some big game we care about and not something your 5 year old cousin gets to play when he comes over ? And lol returnal. The only 2 games that mattered in may were Deathloop and Resident Evil. And only Deathloop was actually trying to be interesting. RE, while probably a fine game, its pushing the same survival horror conventions for 25 years now. Its a known quantity

Ratchet, as a series, has always been garbage. It's a cartooney C tier platformer where it's main gimmick are weapons that DO THE EXACT SAME THING TO ENEMIES only one makes them dance, one make them freeze, one makes them turn into barnyard animals etc...

NeoGAF has boosted it's profile because of the SSD (OMG!) and there's a game drought on both systems.

Arkane games are fantastic, but Prey could have used a 6 month delay with the issues it had.

I'm all for delays if the end product benefits. It's not like I don't have 35 years of backlog to catch up on.

Boss Mog

How about a 60fps PS5 patch for Dishonored Definitive Edition and Dishonored 2 to make up for this delay. That would be a nice gesture.

WoodyStare

You should do an OT man. I struggle to get more than 500 points on rewards so a good OT and earning the most per month would be awesome.
Yeah maybe! You can sometimes get 500 points in a single day, it’s all mostly on the Rewards app on Xbox. Even right now you can earn almost 3000 points with what they have going on.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If it’s on PC day one and is a Bethesda game then it should be on GP PC day one.

But Im betting on maybe a couple months of timed exclusivity before it’s ported.

Nope its a console exclusive, not Playstation exclusive, PC is day and date.
The only question is whether itll be on Gamepass day and date or not

If MS puts this on Gamepass thats some big dick energy from MS.
If Sony was smart, they blocked and Game pass shenanigans when they came up with the contract.

Would be funny if MS then went around and offered it to EA play as a workaround.

How could they block Gamepass their deal is "console-exclusivity" what Arkane does on PC or even mobile (xcloud) is their business.......aka Microsoft business.
Pre-purchase Arkane could have given the game away for free on EGS.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Its actually a bad decision imo, people are desperate for PS5 games right now and besides Outriders, no big shooter is coming out in the next few months so releasing it on the original date would have actually given the game a chance to build a player base. Once those other shooters come out it might be a wrap for this game unless it turns out to be amazing.
Deathloop is going to be a one and done. Not expecting any DLC or expansions for the game. It will be a quality game because Arkane is a quality studio that develops quality games but regardless of when it releases, it's not going to do much if anything. May has Resident Evil VIII, Mass Effect Trilogy and BioMutant. That's far worse than going head to head with nothing in September. Plus for PS5 only users, you have Returnal which I would think being an actual exclusive is a far bigger deal. Either way, there's more delays incoming so it doesn't really matter at this point.

Ratchet and Clank, GT7, Returnal to name a few. But alright.

GAF needs to add an emoji for brain damage. Like getting brain damage from reading a post.
GT7 releasing this year has about as much chance as rockstar coming out and saying we are releasing AGENT at xmas this year
in fact i would put a solid bet down you wont see it for 2 more years

iHaunter

567809.jpg

Cute two bee
2 booty

e&e

Banned
Proof that no one gives a shit about if a game is nextgen, new or not to buy a console! No game has been released on PS5 or Xbox that screams “Next Gen hype must have”, but go look at the sales of the hardware!

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
kindda disappointed. I saved room for this game in summer now when it's released I will be teaching three courses at the time..

MarveI

I just got Outriders for free, and will be getting another release day title for free in two weeks. Going pretty good
It's funny how this thread has nothing to do with Xbox but somehow people need to bring their launch lineup up.

I mean if Starfield, Halo Infinite, FH5 drop this year that's gonna be an infinitely better year than their competitor but whatever.

Even if you forget their lacking 1st party output so far, at least I'm playing a crazy amount of games for basically free with my sub including Outriders, soon MLB 21 and a ton of other major games while people on PS5 have to pay 70 bucks lol. Thats gotta hurt. People are missing out A LOT by not making the Xbox their main console for 3P I'm telling ya guys. Buy a PS5 down the road once they have some exclusives worth playing. Until then, you'll be saving so much money playing so many great 3P games on gamepass. Just my 2 cents.

linkroi

I can't wait to play it, Deathloop was supposed to be the chosen one in may, but instead I will buy Biomutant (if not delayed) and if it is, it will be Resident Evil 8 !

truth411

It's funny how this thread has nothing to do with Xbox but somehow people need to bring their launch lineup up.

I mean if Starfield, Halo Infinite, FH5 drop this year that's gonna be an infinitely better year than their competitor but whatever.

Even if you forget their lacking 1st party output so far, at least I'm playing a crazy amount of games for basically free with my sub including Outriders, soon MLB 21 and a ton of other major games while people on PS5 have to pay 70 bucks lol. Thats gotta hurt. People are missing out A LOT by not making the Xbox their main console for 3P I'm telling ya guys. Buy a PS5 down the road once they have some exclusives worth playing. Until then, you'll be saving so much money playing so many great 3P games on gamepass. Just my 2 cents.

You guys are really reaching XSX had no launch line up whatsoever, so the only thing they could do is put a couple of 3P Games to GamePass, none of the big ones like R.E.8.
Demon Souls is the best launch title of all time. Returnal comes out in a few weeks, Ratchet 2 months later, Kena in August and Horizon 2 most likely in November. Vs the Hope of games coming out for Xbox and that there any good. (Been this way for years now.)

Edit: Also games for PS Plus have been awesome lately. Just got the next Gen version of Control. Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Days gone etc... Also the free games for sony play at home initiative.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ugh, i was hoping for something to play during may.

Edit: oh shit we still have biomutant in may 🕺

Last edited:

Nubulax

If Starfield comes out this year I dont see how its even exclusive....

Enjay

Banned
I can't help but wonder if this delay was to keep PS5 from having another exclusive several months before the platform whose owner bought the IP has another one.
All of these delays are happening because there's no install base. No upcoming ps4 games are getting delayed.

Top Bottom