• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop coming to gamepass September 20

Banjo64

cumsessed
Finally now that they're out of the contract shackles, Bethesda have started marketing Deathloop with Xbox in earnest, starting with a special Deathloop themed controller.

thanks for the like @Ezekiel_ :messenger_kissing_smiling:

Fuck me. I hate the new trend of having a super sensitive mic and tap tap taping, flicking through shit, plucking your pubic hairs etc for the mic to pick up. Drives me fucking mad.

This guy is the only one who does it who isn’t an annoying cunt.

DaGwaphics

Fuck me. I hate the new trend of having a super sensitive mic and tap tap taping, flicking through shit, plucking your pubic hairs etc for the mic to pick up. Drives me fucking mad.

He goes so slow you wanna just take the package and rip it open on him. 🤭

That's definitely a bit of a trend with the unboxings on YT.

Markio128

The game is pretty great for the first few hours, when there is a clear goal, but I just couldn’t be arsed after that, which is a bit of a shame. Certain times of day prompt certain events and you basically have to kill certain enemies in one loop. I found it a little contrived; almost too clever for its own good. Some of the areas are pretty cool and the visuals are decent if you can stomach the art style, but it does suffer from repetition by default.

Worth a blast on gamepass though for those who have an interest.

Deerock71

You can invade other players.
curiosity GIF

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

He started it, blame him.

sainraja

-Fallout 5, Starfield and tes 6 won't be exclusive because they can't afford it.
-Won't be day one on game pass either.
-Deathloop won't come to Xbox and especially not on game pass.

- call of duty won't be exclusive to xbox or come on game pass cus they can't afford it. (we are here in the time line)
YOU → "How dare people discuss different scenarios on a gaming forum! How dare they! Specially when it has to do with MS!!!"

:D

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Once again, I am very happy that Xbox players will get to play this. It was a fun game with a nice idea. I won't call it a masterpiece, but it was definitely fun. It would have been better if there had been multiple ways to reach the final ending.

The dialogue between Julie and the main character was actually funny at times. Especially at the beginning where they talk about a train.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Would love to see if this is a straight 1 : 1 port or if any other enhancements like FSR 2.0 have been rolled back into the console version from the PC version.

adamsapple

edit: Disregard. I forgot they added VRR to the console versions already.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

So GAF, the important question, with the exception of the additional content on Xbox, which is best place to play? I have GP and Plus but have not played this yet, I do prefer the Dualsense controller so not sure if worth giving that up for the additional content on Xbox unless performance is vastly better on Series X. I'm running on 120hz TV with VRR.

Banned
So GAF, the important question, with the exception of the additional content on Xbox, which is best place to play? I have GP and Plus but have not played this yet, I do prefer the Dualsense controller so not sure if worth giving that up for the additional content on Xbox unless performance is vastly better on Series X. I'm running on 120hz TV with VRR.

PC

also there is bo additional content on any platform...

PC is the answer tho

Last edited:

Fredrik

No preinstall on PS+? I wanted to see how much better it is with dualsense haptics, iirc people said they were pretty awesome around launch.
Preinstalling on PC while waiting.

Chukhopops

Still not sure whether to try it with or without the waypoints / assistance.

I love figuring stuff on my own and that was one of my favorite aspects of Prey but I’ve heard conflicting feedback about how well it worked in Deathloop.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'm late to the party regarding pre order.

I can't find it under game pass. Can't find it neither over pre install or see it as available.

Edit i can't find it on the store either.

Apparently it's because it's next gen only. Pre ordered on pc then.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Excited Big Day GIF by Tennis Channel

Hell yeah looking foward to playing some next gen fps goodness.
Also look forward to the DF analysis.

adamsapple

The new Extended ending is already leaked and being posted on twitter and youtube.

If you are spoiler conscious, be aware.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Is this the first game to come out on PS extra and GP same time?

Big win for Sony.

I heard on a podcast this last week that it's part of sonys exclusivity contracts they sign.

Literally, if a game is coming to gamepass it has to cone to ps plus at the same time.

Wonder if that's true. Would make sense.

adamsapple

I heard on a podcast this last week that it's part of sonys exclusivity contracts they sign.

Literally, if a game is coming to gamepass it has to cone to ps plus at the same time.

Wonder if that's true. Would make sense.

"insiders" leaked this about half a year ago that MS and Sony had come to an agreement to put it on PS+ at the same time as GP. I don't think it'll be the same for every game going forward. But I am 99% sure Ghostwire will be the same.

Probably the only way MS can fill both the prior obligations to Sony and Bethesda contract and have the game come out on Game Pass day 1 as well.

Great to see this finally coming to Xbox Series X and on GamePass to which means it'll get more better exposure than it did on PS5 where it was a full-price game only.

However, I personally did not enjoy it that much. It wasn't a bad game, in fact I initially really enjoyed it, but compared with the superior, in my opinion, Dishonored 2, the game felt a bit lacking in terms of design and gameplay. I got bored of it far quicker than I was expecting which took me by surprise as I loved the Dishonored games.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
The new Extended ending is already leaked and being posted on twitter and youtube.

If you are spoiler conscious, be aware.
What a disappointing ending btw. I'm glad I didn't decide to replay the game to get that.

The ending I got on my first playthrough, albeit not perfect, was far more satisfying.

adamsapple

What a disappointing ending btw. I'm glad I didn't decide to replay the game to get that.

The ending I got on my first playthrough, albeit not perfect, was far more satisfying.

Wait, so it it a choice of endings now or is the extended the 'default' ending now going forward ala Mass Effect 3's Extended endings ?

Top Bottom