• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop coming to gamepass September 20

DaGwaphics

This also addresses any concerns I had about Sony likely having a contract clause blocking Game Pass release for a period of time of certain games even once the timed exclusivity period was up. If they didn't even have it on this game, which was a full timed exclusive, chances are slim they have any such thing on the Call of Duty franchise. It confirms Sony really does have no Game Pass contingency, which further explains their aggressiveness in attempting to block the Activision deal.

From what we saw of the RE8 deal, there seemed to be some wiggle room so long as Sony's service got offered the same deal. Maybe that's what happened here, thus Deathloop being on both + and GP. 🤷‍♂️

But, I'm sure the deals are different from title to title. Some of the publishers are going to have more bargaining power than others, likely resulting in the deals not being as pro-Sony.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Finally now that they're out of the contract shackles, Bethesda have started marketing Deathloop with Xbox in earnest, starting with a special Deathloop themed controller.

I like the touch there with the exaggerated YT unboxing aesthetic. The dramatic hand movements and the preoccupation with the packing materials. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Love the tone there. Well done. 8/8 Visionaries would agree.

jaysius

Banned
I like the touch there with the exaggerated YT unboxing aesthetic. The dramatic hand movements and the preoccupation with the packing materials. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Love the tone there. Well done. 8/8 Visionaries would agree.
It was doing "ASMR" for lulz.

What's even lulier is that they just used Xbox Design Labs because Xbox wouldn't waste their time making a real DeathLoop controller.

DaGwaphics

It was doing "ASMR" for lulz.

That to, yeah.

Does MS do custom controllers if they aren't doing a le/se console to match? I know they sell the game themed controllers separately, but I always remember a console existing too.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
That to, yeah.

Does MS do custom controllers if they aren't doing a le/se console to match? I know they sell the game themed controllers separately, but I always remember a console existing too.
Tons of times, the one that comes to mind is the Forza custom controller they made a big deal of.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Season 6 Ann GIF by Parks and Recreation

Sorcerer

Was advertised the game on the dashboard. $80 bucks for the deluxe edition: pre-order, Sept 20th. No mention of Gamepass. They usually do not hide that fact, so I thought that was a bit strange.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Was advertised the game on the dashboard: $80 bucks for the deluxe edition: pre-order. Sept 20th, no mention of Gamepass. They usually do not hide that fact, so I thought that was a bit strange.
That's the DELUXE edition, I saw that too, but you click on the game then scroll down and you'll see the REGULAR VERSION and I've already pre-loaded it with GamePass.

JaksGhost

We all knew this was eventually going to be a Game Pass game that much was always a guarantee. For PlayStation to be able to get this next-gen Bethesda title on PS+ is absolutely a win for Sony, too. Whether they paid for it or not it's still a good get. I mean I'm seeing opinions change on the fly now that it's coming to GP but that's now how you guys received it when you had to shell out money for it.

Sorcerer

That's the DELUXE edition, I saw that too, but you click on the game then scroll down and you'll see the REGULAR VERSION and I've already pre-loaded it with GamePass.
Thanx!!! Nothing about the deluxe is deluxe enough for $80 bucks. Will pre-download this immediately. Edit. Only 36gb's? Seems small nowadays.

Last edited:
Might grief the newbs with Juliana. Stalking and poking them from time to time but never going all out, makes the player lose their nerve and fail the mission anyways.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
We all knew this was eventually going to be a Game Pass game that much was always a guarantee. For PlayStation to be able to get this next-gen Bethesda title on PS+ is absolutely a win for Sony, too. Whether they paid for it or not it's still a good get. I mean I'm seeing opinions change on the fly now that it's coming to GP but that's now how you guys received it when you had to shell out money for it.

First right of refusal on sub services is a part of their marketing agreement if the Village contract is to go by. Abiding by the signed contracts isn't a win for either console lol. It was a necessary wait for the Xbox release and that wait time is over.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Again. How is it a win for Sony, that a game that came out a year ago, becomes free with psplus now?

It is technically new on xbox, and is directly on game pass. With brand new content widespread.

25 million people are able to play it by no additional cost because they have game pass.

DaGwaphics

What is this weird shit, why it's so dramatic. Is this the "ASMR" shit? And if so, why it's on official channel. I hate it

I think it was meant to be a bit of a joke. Xbox does this type of thing quite a bit with their marketing, whether it's a video framed as an 80s dating service or one of those As-Seen-On-TV type commercials. I think it's funny, myself.

Speaking of the controller itself, it's not a bad color combination. They should do more of those, where they take the options available and make some predefined templates for different games. Maybe one day we'll get to a point where they have a design lab for the console itself, would no doubt cost you extra though.

Last edited:

CosmicComet

And yet you know it’s ‘unimpressive’ despite never buying or playing it.
I have eyes. Graphics and artstyle are shit and the gameplay loop looks boring af. To be expected of a rogue like I guess.

It's a typical 7/10 looking game that had the most unconvincing media darling reviews I've ever seen.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Finally now that they're out of the contract shackles, Bethesda have started marketing Deathloop with Xbox in earnest, starting with a special Deathloop themed controller.

thanks for the like Ezekiel_ Ezekiel_ :messenger_kissing_smiling:

Fuck that low quality bit rate audio together with that asmr cringe make me want to stab my ear repeatedly with a screwdriver.

R6Rider

Gold Member
That controller is a bit ugly with the orange and gold together, but still not as ugly as the "facemask" (I think) that came with some copies like at GameStop.

Crossplay is the best new thing added, as that means better queue times for invasions.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Again. How is it a win for Sony, that a game that came out a year ago, becomes free with psplus now?

It is technically new on xbox, and is directly on game pass. With brand new content widespread.

25 million people are able to play it by no additional cost because they have game pass.
Big win for MS.

Sony paid a ton of money to Bethesda for a year long deal and PS+, and it also sold at normal prices.

It comes to GP which half the Xbox gamers are on. The money Sony and PS gamers paid subsidized GP users.

Robbinhood

Banned
Yeah but I would love to read him crawl out of that one.
Cause we all know it was coming to Gamepass after one year, its a MS first party title. Sony secured the launch right there with them, crawl out of that.

Lol at Adam calling me out, the blackest of kettles.

Chukhopops

Never seen so many people hyped for disappointing games just because another publisher owns them. Deathloop will seem so boring without the dualsense since that is one of the biggest features. Reminds me of Metro Exodus, great use of controller features.
The biggest feature is playing it with KB/M like God intended.

Lognor

Banned
I didn't bother getting Deathloop, I don't think it's my type of game after seeing all those previews, but Ghostwire is really good/fun.
You might be the first person I've seen say that. Ghostwire had fairly middling reviews. Really came and went.

Well I guess I'll see for myself in March

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Never seen so many people hyped for disappointing games just because another publisher owns them. Deathloop will seem so boring without the dualsense since that is one of the biggest features. Reminds me of Metro Exodus, great use of controller features.
Nothing makes a game funner than haptic feedback. Get real. Dualsense is absolutely additive to the game experience, but to make the claim it will be boring without it is just asinine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom