• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop blocks the PS5 DualSense controller triggers when your weapon jams (Innovative feature of the PS5 DualSense)

I really hope they have put this controller through some rigorous testing because having so many gadgets on a controller makes me fearful of defects, failure and breakage.
I'm more worried about people getting upset about the momentarily "blocked" trigger and break the thing, or burn it with fire!.. on purpose.

anothertech

Its an awesome feature, if only because of the entertainment value gained from thousands of people complaining about it who have never experienced it. Genius.

Texas Pride

Banned
If your gun is jamming enough for this to be a meaningful feature you need a different gun or the Devs need to see how unusual a jam is on a decently maintained weapon.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
If your gun is jamming enough for this to be a meaningful feature you need a different gun or the Devs need to see how unusual a jam is on a decently maintained weapon.
We dont know 100% the world this game takes place in, look at far cry 2 for instance. Also have you shot a gun in real life, even something as simple as having a different ammo type than your used to can cause the cartridge to jam in the slide. Guns arent jam proof

Texas Pride

Banned
We dont know 100% the world this game takes place in, look at far cry 2 for instance. Also have you shot a gun in real life, even something as simple as having a different ammo type than your used to can cause the cartridge to jam in the slide. Guns arent jam proof

Yes I own quite a few firearms which is why i said if you're not lazy with your weapon maintenance it shouldn't be jamming enough to add it as a fucking feature.

brian0057

Banned
I foresee a lot of thrown controllers and a wave of angry customers in Sony's future, complaining that their brand new $500 console has shit controllers (even if they're not).

Texas Pride

Banned
What if the world they are in in the game the characters dont do maintenance on their guns or they are unique and not well kept, much like far cry 2?

jesus christ man use your fucking brain, not difficult.

Going that extra mile to validate your opinion on this imaginary world you're supposedly an expert on. Fight the good fight buddy.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
5 controller generations SONY activity achieves improvements each controller generation.

Texas Pride

Banned
Its a way to establish the feature in the game which results in the controller function. Im sorry your not a critical thinker.
Everything is bigger in texas I assume

Listen asshole I respect your opinion while thinking it's ignorant okay. That's the best you're getting out of me. It's imo an unnecessary feature as is you bending over backwards to justify it.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Listen asshole I respect your opinion while thinking it's ignorant okay. That's the best you're getting out of me. It's imo an unnecessary feature as is you bending over backwards to justify it.
Coming up with an actual reason for said feature is better than yelling at clouds saying you dont like it, have a good day tex

Texas Pride

Banned
Coming up with an actual reason for said feature is better than yelling at clouds saying you dont like it, have a good day tex

I gave you the reason and you didn't like it. Proper weapon maintenance prevents weapon jamming but yes in rare cases it can still happen. But it shouldn't happen enough to justify it as a feature in a shooter imo. You low key insult me instead of just coming out with it and act like what I'm saying is ridiculous. Don't be a bitch.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

I gave you the reason and you didn't like it. Proper weapon maintenance prevents weapon jamming but yes in rare cases it can still happen. But it shouldn't happen enough to justify it as a feature in a shooter imo. You low key insult me instead of just coming out with it and act like what I'm saying is ridiculous. Don't be a bitch.
And I said we dont know what type of world the game takes place in wjere said feature could be used, your also assuming this will be happening the majority of the game when it may not at all.

tommycronin

Death Stranding blocked the fun from the Dual Shock 4. So this isn't that innovative.

h48S08j.jpg

Texas Pride

Banned
And I said we dont know what type of world the game takes place in wjere said feature could be used, your also assuming this will be happening the majority of the game when it may not at all.

And you don't know anymore about the world than I do yet that's your reason for disagreeing with me. Maybe follow your own logic.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

And you don't know anymore about the world than I do yet that's your reason for disagreeing with me. Maybe follow your own logic.
Lol i dont but your excuse is
"Well you gotsa keep them gunz cleaned and in good shape"
again wait to see/play the game then make your judgement. Then if its a dumn feature because its not expanded upon and just put in there as a gimmick then ill agree with you.....maybe....slightly....ok maybe not lol

Texas Pride

Banned
Lol i dont but your excuse is
"Well you gotsa keep them gunz cleaned and in good shape"
again wait to see/play the game then make your judgement. Then if its a dumn feature because its not expanded upon and just put in there as a gimmick then ill agree with you.....maybe....slightly....ok maybe not lol

I give zero fucks if you agree with me or not. I believe it's a stupid feature in a game like Death loop that isn't seemingly based on realism like a Rainbow or Ghost Recon to have that. Whether you agree or not is of no consequence.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

I give zero fucks if you agree with me or not. I believe it's a stupid feature in a game like Death loop that isn't seemingly based on realism like a Rainbow or Ghost Recon to have that. Whether you agree or not is of no consequence.
Why is it a stupid feature if you havent played the game and dont know how it properly works by said trying feature??

Oddspeak

Tactile feedback for gameplay mechanics is always interesting to me. Now games can do more than just audio cues that are much easier to miss depending on what's happening in-game. You can mistake a sound effect for something else, but you sure as fuck can't mistake your trigger not working.

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Because it's common sense in a game designed to shoot people that impediment of that core function makes it pointless.
We dont know how core of a function it is, however it is a feature that does and can happen and thats the point of death loop it seems. Its a quicker dishonoured having to think on your feet and if that happens to either unjam your weapon or think of a different plan

Texas Pride

Banned
We dont know how core of a function it is, however it is a feature that does and can happen and thats the point of death loop it seems. Its a quicker dishonoured having to think on your feet and if that happens to either unjam your weapon or think of a different plan

Texas Pride

Banned
I mean have you seen the gameplay and how fast paced it is....tex

I got you pegged as someone who argues just for the sake of it and I'm done playing your game. Anything else directed towards me on this subject can be sent to my PM. You're new here. I'm not. And I'm not here to derail.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

I got you pegged as someone who argues just for the sake of it and I'm done playing your game. Anything else directed towards me on this subject can be sent to my PM. You're new here. I'm not. And I'm not here to derail.
We arent derailing while talking about a function in the game/controller that the thread is based on lol

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I don’t do warring but what is the problem for people being interested in innovation? People won’t have to use it just like you can turn off the rumble. People are actually arguing over it being bad when they haven’t seen it yet. Absolutely crazy.

Arkam

I think this is a cool use. I hope in RDR2 Remaster (cuz its coming at some point) they take advantage of these triggers. Make the working the action feel different than pulling the trigger and block the trigger when its a single action and you have not have not worked the action.

Depending on the fidelity this could be amazing for creative devs.

Texas Pride

Banned
Does one need to be shot to know it would hurt? Or get an STD to know it would suck? I don't need to feel my trigger lock up to know it doesn't seem fun. Opinions are like that.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Hmm developers could most likely program the controllers to use slight trigger pulls to engage/rack individual bullets.

For example: Shotgun reloads. Slight button presses on the LT trigger would rack one bullet at a time and you can feel the bullet
going into the controller. Pulling the trigger quicker would obviously speed up the reloading. Sounds cool, right?

What say you NeoGAF?

giphy.gif

You know that kid that thought it was a neat idea to lick a frozen metal pipe in school? How he'd look cool doing it and nothing could go wrong with it? You ever wonder if someone told him, "hey that is fucking retarted" rather than all the other kids cheering him on like mongoloids? Before you say anything how about you think why people believe the idea is

Maybe, people are just extremely optimistic and I'm wrong here though. Yeah! Maybe people will love getting their weapons to jam like irl which is something that people that shoot all day love. Yeah, yeah! They shoot all day just so that on the off chance the weapon jams, THAT makes your day. Now imagine it, jamming 50 times in one sitting? But with a plastic controller with not so durable triggers. Ebin, simply ebin.

tide-laundry-detergents-003700000935-64_1000.jpg

This is truly the best generation YET!
Calm down, grandpa. You'll hurt yourself again.

CitizenX

Banned
I was always a fan of the Gears loading and didn't understand why a lot of other games did not implement this feature. Reason, a majority of players(ALL of my friends) HATE it. if this doesnt come with an option to turn off it will be day one HATE, book it.

Who wants to bet this will not get implemented in crossplatform games. Imagine a 1v1 snipers only match in BF or COD, and Johnny's gun keeps jamming, while Billy is just wrecking face with his non jamming rifle.

KiNeMz

Banned
As long as I don't have to shake the controller to unjam it.

I still see this as annoying I hope it can be disabled. But for those that like this it's a win.

iHaunter

Death Stranding blocked the fun from the Dual Shock 4. So this isn't that innovative.
Good one dude. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed or what?

Anyway, it's cool to see third-party devs using the features. I expected first-party devs too, not 3rd-party - at least not so soon.

Top Bottom