• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo time exclusive deal, did Sony just get a bad deal

KAL2006

Banned
I just thought that Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo being timed exclusives to PS5 is now not so much of a good deal for Sony after they paid Bethesda for those time exclusives.

Let's say Sony continue to market these games, wouldn't it benefit Microsoft in the long term when Deathloop 2 and Ghostwire Tokyo 2 are Xbox exclusive.

Basically Sony made a bad deal thanks to Microsofts deal and I think if Sony knee that Bethesda was going to be sold to Microsoft they wouldn't have went ahead with this deal.

What if Microsoft honour the contract but announce an ultimate edition that has exclusive campaign DLC that will release the day the Sony contract expires?

KAL2006

Banned
What if Microsoft honour the contract but announce an ultimate edition that has exclusive campaign DLC that will release the day the Sony contract expires?

They already confirmed contracts will be honored, what I'm saying is that Sony are now marketing IPs that will be future exclusives for their sequels.

They're paying MS for games to be exclusive to them for a period of time.

Still benefits them because they have those games. I don't see how it doesn't benefit them.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
...when Deathloop 2 and Ghostwire Tokyo 2 are Xbox exclusive.

You're working under the assumption they're going to be good and/or sell well. It probably won't really matter.

Not that I think either game looks bad, I just don't see either being huge successes.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
of course its a bad deal. the games looked like cross gen trash anyway. Sony shouldve invested in first party games instead.

Sony might actually be wise to pay Microsoft to release them from these deals? Not a good look to be promoting your competitor :messenger_tears_of_joy:

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Deathloop looks completely unappealing to me and I'm skeptical of Ghostwire given Tango's previous output. Neither seem like great investments.

Last edited by a moderator:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
MS can promote Deathloop as a Sony game launching on a certain date and right below it says coming to Xbox and Gamepass 6 months from now on this date.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Don't know it's kinda funny, Sony indirectly paid MS to keep games off their own console for a limited time.
And MS paid 7.5 billion for it 😂

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Don't know it's kinda funny, Sony indirectly paid MS to keep games off their own console for a limited time.
And MS paid 7.5 billion for it 😂
I don't think MS cares. Because whatever Sony paid for those deals, that money now goes to MS.

Top Bottom