• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding release Marathon starts Nov. 1

KOMANI

KOMANI

Outerheaven are a twitch duo that stream big boss/story runs of Metal Gear & Kojima games. They will be streaming a marathon of games, including ALL Metal Gear games (canon and non-canon) and Kojima games (Snatchet, Policenauts) that will lead in to a Death Stranding story marathon by both streamers.
Their last previous big event was a non-stop, 1 month, metal gear marathon leading to the release of the Phantom Pain.

Thanks for posting this, I watch this channel basically exclusively and they deserve more exposure. Real glad they are doing non-cannon stuff as well, they don't play those nearly enough.

Shame I won't be able to actually watch the Death Stranding stream since I'll be actually playing it, but I am looking forward to going back and watching their first impressions.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Thanks for posting this, I watch this channel basically exclusively and they deserve more exposure. Real glad they are doing non-cannon stuff as well, they don't play those nearly enough.

Shame I won't be able to actually watch the Death Stranding stream since I'll be actually playing it, but I am looking forward to going back and watching their first impressions.
Same. Glad Ghost Babel will make another appearance (along with Snatcher and Policenauts). The way that the Death Stranding stream will be played is with both Streamers doing their first playthroughs back to back. Which means that viewers will get to see the same sequences, but played differently. I’m not too crazy about this because I am limited to watch only one of the two streamers, but I too will be going to the VODs to watch the other’s first playthrough.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
As a 40 year-old man, I must say this recent trend by others excited to sit and watch other people play video games confuses, scares and angers me greatly.

This is not ok.
I think most people are alone and don't have a ton of friends in the internet age.

Remember hanging out with friends, playing games? That's basically what it is. You watch people you get to know, and have similar in jokes within the community. You can talk on a chat window. It's digital friends. It's kind of pathetic and sad, but I think most people don't play games with actual friends these days. There's a market for it now.

Arachnid

You can actually learn from your two examples.
I watch Rainbow Six streams to learn strats. My buddy watches league streams for similar reasons.

Of course that's not everyone, and doesn't apply to single player. I think a lot of people watch for entertainment. For example, I watched a streamer do a torch only run in Bloodborne just because of how insane that sounded. She actually pulled it off, and that was fun to see.

Sometimes people watch just to get the experience and story of a game they don't want to buy (commentary keeps it from being boring during slower sections I guess).

Some people just watch for the social aspect, which I understand but can't relate to much. There are a bunch of reasons people watch streamers.

brap

Banned
As a 40 year-old man, I must say this recent trend by others excited to sit and watch other people play video games confuses, scares and angers me greatly.

This is not ok.
It's for lonely virgins to pretend they have friends.

It's for lonely virgins to pretend they have friends.
The virgin twitch watcher vs the chad person who goes out of their way to post in every twitch thread and make sure people know they think twitch is lame because this is definitely a very cool thing people with fulfilling lives do all the time

KOMANI

KOMANI
Bumping this thread as a reminder. After reading reviews, it seems like some who may find the early part of the game laborious, would benefit from watching the stream.

KOMANI

KOMANI
A Metal Gear Speedrun Marathon is occurring at the same time. Includes nearly all Metal Gear games (including Snake’s Revenge, Ghost Babel etc).
streamer is jaguar_king.

jonnyp

This is not ok.

Mindboggling that people spend time looking at others playing games, let alone fucking pay for it.

Top Bottom