• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding PS4 -> PS5 Director's Cut Digital Deluxe will cost £5 (available 24/09/21)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I assumed that german taxes (19%) are not included in the GB price of 5£ since I don't know how GB taxes its' goods and guessed the 5£ are before the tax.
Nah, they're included (and it's the same 20%). Come to think of it - only few countries list prices pre-tax IME - outside of US I can only recall Japan doing it, and that only some of the time.

Tareskog

I can't possibly be the only one unable to upgrade my ps4 disk version of Death Stranding?
I am looking everywhere, but I can't find the 10$ option anywhere. Only full price. Unless I have completely misunderstood something?

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I can't possibly be the only one unable to upgrade my ps4 disk version of Death Stranding?
I am looking everywhere, but I can't find the 10$ option anywhere. Only full price. Unless I have completely misunderstood something?
You have to put the disc in the ps5 first

Tareskog

I don't know what to answer to that, but I guess there are people dense enough to not try that. So thanks for the tip tho, but of course I've done that.

Mr Moose

Mine shows this:
20210924174911.jpg

Tareskog

Mine shows this:
20210924174911.jpg

Mine only show the premium edition for 659NOK. Tried searching the store, deleted the game and inserted the disk again. Rebooted the PS, but nothing at all. Maybe tomorrow something magical will happen. I'll play Kena instead.

Mr Moose

Mine only show the premium edition for 659NOK. Tried searching the store, deleted the game and inserted the disk again. Rebooted the PS, but nothing at all. Maybe tomorrow something magical will happen. I'll play Kena instead.
Weird, maybe they haven't updated the store yet where you are.
Not sure if it will make a difference but you could try restoring licenses.

rofif

Banned
Do you need to install disc version before buying update?
Or is it like ff7 where you can cancel installation and download

FunkMiller

Have put about three hours into the upgrade on my LG CX, and it’s very nicely done. The frame rate bump is much appreciated, and while the cutscene stuff doesn’t feel all that much improved, the environments certainly do. The terrain looked good before, but now it’s on another level. The haptics are pretty cool too. Adds more heft to what Sam is doing.

Having put only about 15 hours in two years ago, I’m definitely going to get to the end this time around, if only for the scenery. Plodding through it can feel very mindful.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Have put about three hours into the upgrade on my LG CX, and it’s very nicely done. The frame rate bump is much appreciated, and while the cutscene stuff doesn’t feel all that much improved, the environments certainly do. The terrain looked good before, but now it’s on another level. The haptics are pretty cool too. Adds more heft to what Sam is doing.

Having put only about 15 hours in two years ago, I’m definitely going to get to the end this time around, if only for the scenery. Plodding through it can feel very mindful.
Once you get access to the more nimble powersuits, the game no longer feels like you are plodding through it all times. You can even use your bike and trucks to skip all the walking though the game does start making you climb stuff towards the end of the campaign.

I personally thought the game had a fantastic progression system that made me feel stronger and far more nimble. Most of my deliveries at the end of the game were a breeze because I had set up a highway infrastructure that let me take my upgraded trucks everywhere. Some of the latter abilities let you skip all the walking and driving altogether but i wont spoil that.

Do you need to install disc version before buying update?
Or is it like ff7 where you can cancel installation and download
This morning I cancelled the PS4 install, bought the upgrade, then downloaded the PS5 version.

From what I've read you will need to play the PS4 game in order to transfer your save, but if you are starting fresh you are good to go.

GymWolf

Once you get access to the more nimble powersuits, the game no longer feels like you are plodding through it all times. You can even use your bike and trucks to skip all the walking though the game does start making you climb stuff towards the end of the campaign.

I personally thought the game had a fantastic progression system that made me feel stronger and far more nimble. Most of my deliveries at the end of the game were a breeze because I had set up a highway infrastructure that let me take my upgraded trucks everywhere. Some of the latter abilities let you skip all the walking and driving altogether but i wont spoil that.
Lol i literally walked and brute forced everything with the speed\power legs\skateboard, driving was fucking terrible so i never used a car or the bike and i had no patience of building higways or that thing that connect 2 points :lollipop_squinting:
(that's probably why the game lasted for like 40 hours)

Right now is probably full choke of stuff builded by other people but at launch it wasn't like that...

If it wasn't for the nice progression system like you said i would probably never completed the game since plot\chara did absolutely nothing for me except for the great digital acting all around and
the end with bb.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lol i literally walked and brute forced everything with the speed\power legs\skateboard, driving was fucking terrible so i never used a car or the bike and i had no patience of building higways or that thing that connect 2 points :lollipop_squinting:
(that's probably why the game lasted for like 40 hours)

Right now is probably full choke of stuff builded by other people but at launch it wasn't like that...

If it wasn't for the nice progression system like you said i would probably never completed the game since plot\chara did absolutely nothing for me except for the great digital acting all around and
the end with bb.
I didnt know this until deep into the game but every post/base you unlock or sync up has its own set of materials you can borrow to build a road leading to it. So once you have made that trek on foot, you no longer have to do it again. You dont have to raid enemy bases to collect cement and other materials though they do help if you are running low.

Agreed on the story. it couldve been better but man he nailed that ending.

GymWolf

I didnt know this until deep into the game but every post/base you unlock or sync up has its own set of materials you can borrow to build a road leading to it. So once you have made that trek on foot, you no longer have to do it again. You dont have to raid enemy bases to collect cement and other materials though they do help if you are running low.

Agreed on the story. it couldve been better but man he nailed that ending.
I'm just not the building type so even with the materials, i just don't like building things.

I usually get bored with games with no combat but the combat in this one was so fucking dreadfull that i didn't missed at all, i guess good job kojima, maybe this was his intention :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

for the ending:
yeah it was good, but a small child dying is kinda of an easy\cheap way to make drama, it's like when they kill dogs in videogames, unless you don't have a souls, you had to like the ending...i liked the music choice for that scene tho, the ost was on of the better things about the game.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
NICE !
The upgrade is 8 usd here in Poland.
And Is this new? Now the death stranding does not automatically start installing. You have an option to copy disc version or install the digital dc upgrade version. Super nice

Kerotan

I loaded this up last night and had a quick 2 minute look. It runs a dream and looks very good. Basically any issues with how it looked on ps4 resolved. 60fps and better fidelity. I'm looking forward to doing another play through now but it will have to wait for me to finish GOT and Metro exodus. Sadly that could be 2 months.

Tazzu

Don't know where to ask but how do you get the Robot Buddy?

Otherwise so far I'm really glad I waited to finish the game, the improvements really help smooth out the experience.

rapid32.5

Can't find cheap PS4 digital, what's the cheapest option available right now on PS5 or wait for PS4 version sale ?

Top Bottom