• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding PC Requirements

Senua

Looks good!

https://www.pcgamer.com/death-stranding-pc-system-requirements/

Minimum
  • CPU: Intel® Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 3 GB or AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB
  • DirectX 12
  • HDD: 80GB
  • Sound cards: DirectX compatible

Recommended 30fps

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 5 1400
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB or Radeon RX 570 4 GB
  • DirectX 12
Recommended 60fps

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or AMD Radeon RX 590
  • DirectX 12

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Any clear detail/texture differences from these pc shots?

8fiFPagy9jrmGRJqsCSmEZ.jpg

iaVN5praM9ApobErQo2KfZ.jpg

DQ3yNGUvU2BVyFyRwTh52a.jpg

wss7E3ytnV2rCBxtiMeWVZ.jpg

iorek21

Looks great, will buy it on sale.

It's a great experience, but I have little desire to play it again right now

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Kojima is taken seriously by the gaming community and I agree starting a new franchise other than Metal Gear was the right thing to do, PC gamers will be battling to get the best out of death Stranding with their rigs.

april has come and gone. stop with the jokes.

and "PC gamers will be battling to get the best out of death Stranding" ? lol it's not exactly hard to run this game going by these specs.

Surprisingly low, 60fps all round boys.
you say that like it's something to be excited about. 60fps on PC is the absolute bare minimum these days. 144hz is the new standard.

Last edited:

YCoCg

you say that like it's something to be excited about.
For the large majority of PC gamers, yes, a well optimized engine that allows 60fps on the bare minimum means the only way is up, unlike Red Dead Redemption 2 for example where you need a near super computer to run that game on High at keep 60fps.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I bought the game on PS4, of course it's been sitting in my backlog, but I'm not going to double dip.

For the large majority of PC gamers, yes, a well optimized engine that allows 60fps on the bare minimum means the only way is up, unlike Red Dead Redemption 2 for example where you need a near super computer to run that game on High at keep 60fps.

To be fair, though, RDR2 was clearly designed to push hardware for a long time. Sometimes games do that, and PC gamers always get butthurt over it.

Not every game's "ultra" is meant for current GPUs, and definitely not meant for those GPUs at 4K/60 or whatever.

Guilty_AI

To be fair, though, RDR2 was clearly designed to push hardware for a long time. Sometimes games do that, and PC gamers always get butthurt over it.

Not every game's "ultra" is meant for current GPUs, and definitely not meant for those GPUs at 4K/60 or whatever.
Nope, the graphics settings were just poorly designed. A lot of options like water physics, tree tesselation and screen space reflections do very little, almost unnoticiable even, to add any visual fidelity for the game but still tank your fps regardless. If you know what you're doing, you can easily run the game at ultra-high settings 1440p 60fps with some of the most powerful hardware.

Last edited:

Stuart360

1050ti for 30fps sounds a bit high (1050ti is way more powerful than PS4), i wonder if we are getting some upgrades in this port.

Last edited:
wait, WHAT???

Half-Life Crossover Content
Death Stranding for PC is also receiving a hotly anticipated injection of Half-Life related content, offering surreal crossover missions with Valve’s Half-Life universe. A familiar face has crossed over into the world of Death Stranding, impersonating Bridges’ employees and sending request emails prompting Sam to locate and secure companion cubes throughout the world. Completing these requests will reveal the mystery behind the friendly imposter and award Sam with useful new equipment and accessories.

Am I the last person to know about this?

manfestival

Glad to know that I only need:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 5 1400
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB or Radeon RX 570 4 GB
For the ideal cinematic experience.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm totally going to buy and play through this again, aren't I?

GymWolf

I don't know if this is indicative of how horizon is gonna run, that game has 10x the stuff on screen compared to DS...

I hope 4k60 are gonna be doable with some setting toned down in the guerrilla game.

Senua

I don't know if this is indicative of how horizon is gonna run, that game has 10x the stuff on screen compared to DS...

I hope 4k60 are gonna be doable with some setting toned down in the guerrilla game.
Depends on the hardware init

april has come and gone. stop with the jokes.

and "PC gamers will be battling to get the best out of death Stranding" ? lol it's not exactly hard to run this game going by these specs.

you say that like it's something to be excited about. 60fps on PC is the absolute bare minimum these days. 144hz is the new standard.

You sound bitter for some reason

Last edited:

JimboJones

I think the requirements should be pretty similar, both games had to run on PS4 hardware and they share the same engine.

Arkam

Those are some very reasonable specs. Of course I really just want to see this on a monster rig with everything maxed.

GymWolf

I think the requirements should be pretty similar, both games had to run on PS4 hardware and they share the same engine.
Yeah but like i said, horizon has far more stuff on screen and on pc you usually have slow down the more stuff on screen is present.
On ps4 these games runs at 30 fps, on pc i always search the far more heavy 60 frames.
Also i want to play the game at real 4k.

Last edited:

DonF

The game is a looker on PS4, it's going to look amazing on pc.
Can't wait for the 4k maxed footage.

Blond

Banned
Any clear detail/texture differences from these pc shots?

8fiFPagy9jrmGRJqsCSmEZ.jpg

I spent 70 hours with it and from what I can tell-
Those weird low res textures on the ground seem to be gone
Sam has some extra detail that removes that smooth instagram filter look from his skin
Everything just looks cleaner, more than likely from a new form of AA but yes, I can can see a clear difference in these, especially the third because it was from my favorite area of the game.
Draw distance looks to be improved because you don't see those repeating textures in the distance to hide LOD in other games.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I never played this due to Fed Ex like gameplay. I think I’ll continue to not play it.
And yet somehow the loop gameplay is by far the better aspect in this game...and i was exactly like you seeing the gameplay trailers :ROFLMAO:

You can maybe think that the story cutscenes are the carrot when in reality the story is the stick...in the ass.

Last edited:

Fawst

Banned
So I have an MSI Stealth GS65 laptop, it has an i7-8750H and a 1070 GTX Max-Q (and 16gb of RAM). I understand that I have an 8th gen CPU, but how does it stack up against a 3770? I've been out of the PC game a long time, so I am woefully uninformed on how to read/compare CPU designations at this point.

Top Bottom