• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

Terenty

They are, but with BTs mostly being simple human spirits reaching out from the other side, looking for connection, the grotesque zombie/Silent Hill direction doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Don’t get me wrong, those designs are unbelievably cool, but I don’t think they fit where the game ended up.

Yeah, i agree,thematically it would have been out of place for all those monstrosities to be in the game.

But why is there a lion with lasers among all those BTs when the theme seems to be marine?

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Can anyone explain how "Lost Cargo" or "Eligeble Cargo" works along with the post boxes? It seems that whatever random cargo you find in the world can only be offloaded as postboxes to other players so they can then deliver it later? In other words, what's the point of offloading cargo at post boxes for you yourself? Isn't it better to make deliveries yourself?

The UI is fucking dogshite btw. Boggles my puny little mind.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
You can deliver random cargo to the destination but you can use the post boxes as well. Later when fast travel unlocks you can jump to post boxes. Lost Cargo can be handed off pretty much anywhere but direct deliveries net the most likes.

Resource management is a big part of the game. Can’t carry everything at once, so you can offload deliveries to convenient spots. ThIs really comes i handy with the zip lines. Sometimes I’ll drop off my stuff in the private locker so that I can go on a recovery mission or whatever. The game gives you a lot of options.

One thing I’m finally learning after 200+ hrs is that unless it has Time Sensitive you can take however long you want to pull off a Premium Delivery as long as you keep it in good shape.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Can anyone explain how "Lost Cargo" or "Eligeble Cargo" works along with the post boxes? It seems that whatever random cargo you find in the world can only be offloaded as postboxes to other players so they can then deliver it later? In other words, what's the point of offloading cargo at post boxes for you yourself? Isn't it better to make deliveries yourself?

The UI is fucking dogshite btw. Boggles my puny little mind.
Aside from what has already been explained, just know that you're too early in for any of it to matter. One of the worst aspects of the game IMO is that the first area makes you think you should do side missions and pick up extra stuff that it's explaining to you, but you actually shouldn't. Just keep doing main missions until you get to chapter 3. Ignore all that extra stuff for now.

The UI never gets better, but you do get used to it.

VN1X

Banned
I just found out you can't drive through BT territory with the bike? I just got instantly bogged down and had to leave the bike... only for me to end up dead. Thankfully, I saved before all that happened so I reloaded that but now I don't know how to proceed.

I'm just sitting out in the rain waiting for it to pass while everything degrades and a time sensitive order is reaching the expiry time. Is there anyway to just not deal with BT's or what not? I just received Blood Grenades or whatever? Do I through them at the ghosts?

VN1X

Banned
I just found out you can't drive through BT territory with the bike? I just got instantly bogged down and had to leave the bike... only for me to end up dead. Thankfully, I saved before all that happened so I reloaded that but now I don't know how to proceed.

I'm just sitting out in the rain waiting for it to pass while everything degrades and a time sensitive order is reaching the expiry time. Is there anyway to just not deal with BT's or what not? I just received Blood Grenades or whatever? Do I through them at the ghosts?
*throw them at the ghosts. Jesus when the fuck do I get edit rights on this fucking forum lol.

VN1X

Banned
Just lost my bike because of too much rain. Now I have to go to Port Knot City all the way on foot.

Nice.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Is there anyway to just not deal with BT's or what not? I just received Blood Grenades or whatever? Do I through them at the ghosts?

You just got what you need to make them much more tolerable.

BTs will always be there, but all throughout the game you keep getting tools to help deal with them.

Terenty

I'm just sitting out in the rain waiting for it to pass while everything degrades and a time sensitive order is reaching the expiry time.

The rain doesn't ruin your cargo, only the protection lair, your cargo will stay 100% unaffected no matter how much time you spend under the rain.

Basically you dont need repair sprays at all, its a completely useless mechanic

VN1X

Banned
The rain doesn't ruin your cargo, only the protection lair, your cargo will stay 100% unaffected no matter how much time you spend under the rain.

What the hell.

Why is this game so convoluted lol. Also why can I only put stuff in a private locker per item and not select a bunch and do it that way? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

-Arcadia-

Banned

Is this the case for all difficulties?

I could be mistaken, but when this came up in the thread months ago, I was in a rain area for way longer than I should have been, but not sweating it thanks to that info.

Only to check later and see serious damage to my cargo. Maybe I did something along the way that I didn’t register to damage it? But it seemed like the rain.

Grinchy

Banned
What the hell.

Why is this game so convoluted lol. Also why can I only put stuff in a private locker per item and not select a bunch and do it that way? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Press square to do a mass selection.

And take that tip about the cargo with a grain of salt. Maybe that's something on Easy difficulty or something. I only played on Hard, but the cargo would take damage after the container was ruined by timefall. I don't see how there could even be a game here if the cargo never took damage...

Terenty

Is this the case for all difficulties?

I could be mistaken, but when this came up in the thread months ago, I was in a rain area for way longer than I should have been, but not sweating it thanks to that info.

Only to check later and see serious damage to my cargo. Maybe I did something along the way that I didn’t register to damage it? But it seemed like the rain.

I thought once the package layer goes down to 0% then rain starts hurting the package itself

And take that tip about the cargo with a grain of salt. Maybe that's something on Easy difficulty or something. I only played on Hard, but the cargo would take damage after the container was ruined by timefall. I don't see how there could even be a game here if the cargo never took damage..

I agree it doesnt make sense even lore wise, but I beat the game on hard and tested it, the only thing that's affected by the rain is the container. I think that tips mention it too

So the idea was that with a destroyed container the cargo itself is more likely to be damaged if you take a tumble. But as we know its very difficult to actually fall, so the whole repair spray business is redundand

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
I agree it doesnt make sense even lore wise, but I beat the game on hard and tested it, the only thing that's affected by the rain is the container. I think that tips mention it too

So the idea was that with a destroyed container the cargo itself is more likely to be damaged if you take a tumble. But as we know its very difficult to actually fall, so the whole repair spray business is redundand
Perhaps it’s a mechanic that effects what/if you recycle only.

Grinchy

Banned
Man, if it's true that the container being destroyed doesn't mean anything unless you find some way to actually fall down, that's just yet another retarded design choice in this inconsistent game.

Terenty

Perhaps it’s a mechanic that effects what/if you recycle only.

Yeah thats how it works basically
Man, if it's true that the container being destroyed doesn't mean anything unless you find some way to actually fall down, that's just yet another retarded design choice in this inconsistent game.

Agree. What's even the thinking process behind it?

Let's make a deadly rain that destroys everything and turn it into an exciting gameplay element where the player would need to decide whether to shorten the route and risk the rain or go around to be on the safe side. Let's give them tools to combat the effects of rain and even build shelters from it...

nah let's make rain only destroy containers and throw every mechanic around it that we already implemented out of the window.

Seems legit

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I'm confused... how do I get my stamina back? Like half of the bar is greyed out and resting (on a flat service) barely does anything. Do I really have to quit the game and come back later?

Bryank75

Banned
I'm confused... how do I get my stamina back? Like half of the bar is greyed out and resting (on a flat service) barely does anything. Do I really have to quit the game and come back later?
No, you have to rest.... getting to a safehouse is best. Can't remember if Monster helps with the greyed out bit...

Last edited:

Terenty

There is a whole section in the options dedicated to all the gameplay mechanics. Give it a read

What's up with all the morons recently competing on youtube to see which one can make the longest and more pretentious video about the game? Oh, excuse me, their videos aren't really about the game, they are about proving how Kojima is wrong...

First of all, try not to let yuor stamina go into the grayed out zone. Meaning dont overdo the climbing/walking through water if you see you are completely losing the stamina bar. Wait for 2 seconds to get it filled up then continue. Also pressing LEFT on the direction pad opens another window where you will have at least 2 Monster Energy drinks to fill up your normal stamina. But if you got it grayed out, you need to rest in a safehouse aka sleep.

KiNeMz

Banned
You can damage your cargo also by colliding into things due to stumbling or collision or high fall while in vehicles.

VN1X

Banned
I'm starting to see a floating highway pop up in chapter 3. Is that what constitues as a "road" or something else entirely? I was hoping these devices that I'm donating materials to would put the roads on the actual ground? :D

Mista

Banned
I'm starting to see a floating highway pop up in chapter 3. Is that what constitues as a "road" or something else entirely? I was hoping these devices that I'm donating materials to would put the roads on the actual ground? :D
Yup, thats part of the whole road. Do your work :D

Aurelius

Struggling a bit in the mountains. Just made my way through a whiteout to the Spiritualist. But I can’t build zip lines because I’m either outside of the network or I don’t have enough bandwidth. Also, finishing up the last bit of highway is using up a lot of resources since It’s outside the network. I feel like my progress is going much slower than it needs too.

Did some googling, and found out you can remove structures from the map screen. Will try this to make my zip lines more efficient and create more bandwith. Also adding the novelist's son to the network should make it easier to finish the highway to mountain knot city. Any other suggestions how to speed up this part of the game?

I love the little easter eggs in the game. That rock formation behind the Spiritualist is the same as Sefa Utaki in Okinawa, an old religious site.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
im flying around on these zip lines maxing out deliveries. what an awesome endgame way to get around! got a good network setup around Mountain Knot City and i've been doing deliveries around there. the Doctor has one deliver of a ton of supplies, like 600kg, to the Mountaineer, but that's too much to take on zip lines. anyone do this one? maybe i can make it in a handful of trips via zip? or is that a load-the-truck and drive up the mountain thing?
Did some googling, and found out you can remove structures from the map screen. Will try this to make my zip lines more efficient and create more bandwith. Also adding the novelist's son to the network should make it easier to finish the highway to mountain knot city. Any other suggestions how to speed up this part of the game?
you can remove your own structures, that will give you more bandwith, but removing others does not. the more deliveries you do, it keeps adding bandwith. i waited a long time to do the zip lines but i recommend getting them set up early cos they are a blast and makes things way more fun.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i was checking my phone and had parked a truck near some ruins that i was about to explore. the ones near the Craftsman. anyways it all of a sudden started raining, and Sam said "Fuck this." i know it's something they just put in, but it was very funny, just perfect timing, and the way he said it.

Last edited:
I think they also added new voice options for Sam when calling out. I played for 60hrs and yesterday I booted the game up again after finishing it and randomly pressed the touchpad and Sam said something vulgar lol. Cant exactly remeber but it was more like "Yeah and fuck wherever you are". Was surprised.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I saw a gif on reddit where if you zoom in on Sam's crotch in the private room, he'll cover it up. Do it again, he'll cover it up and then flick you off for looking.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
currently knocking out several Recovery Premium deliveries that are located in the haunted ruins to the north of the Craftsman. this is really difficult to get all these packages, spaced out among this ancient shopping center (?). there are a lot of places where you have to climb and you need to bring a lot of ladders and climbing anchors, making it a whole huge expedition.

this game is extreme platforming!

this is why the game has monster energy drinks. love to doing extreme traversal and repelling down buildings and sneaking up escalators and all kinds of craziness

Last edited:

LokusAbriss

Really unsure, if I should double dip and upgrade my pc. What are the chances to see Gabe Newell as a survivor in the game? That alone would be reason to go all in.

Top Bottom