• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

Hyped about what lol, walking?
giphy.gif

Wink

It's insane to me how fucking fantastic this game looks and how much the culture and expectations around that have changed that when you see gifs with that scope you just go... eh, another day in the office :messenger_tears_of_joy:
On one hand it's a good thing, on the other my teenage self mind exploding over 3D benchmarks and saving up for new graphics cards all the time to play the latest releases and see what the next step would feel like is still in here somewhere and is loving the look of this game like crazy.

GymWolf

I'm ready for graphics comparison between this against rdr2 both on pc, characters and location are kinda similar quality.

Let's se how scalable is the decima engine on pc.

cormack12

Gold Member
So if you fall over you just pick the cargo up and it has like a % of dmg which affects the score/likes you get at the end? Can it be destroyed if you drop it in the wild?

MiguelItUp

So if you fall over you just pick the cargo up and it has like a % of dmg which affects the score/likes you get at the end? Can it be destroyed if you drop it in the wild?
So from what I've gathered, some packages can take more of a tumble than others. Some are immune to certain things, while others can be more prone to them. So it mixes up the objectives where some may be a cake walk, and some, not so much. It sounds like there are instances where a package CAN be destroyed.

But the part I'm wondering about is how frequently that happens. When it's gone, is it completely gone? Can you redo that mission/quest? If you redo it does the destination change? There's quite a few questions I have about it. But I'd almost rather find out on my own at this point.

Umm what? Why would ingame signs have spoilers
A0-D6997-C-A169-42-AA-A63-F-475-DA4-FB3313.png
That's really strange. :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
So from what I've gathered, some packages can take more of a tumble than others. Some are immune to certain things, while others can be more prone to them. So it mixes up the objectives where some may be a cake walk, and some, not so much. It sounds like there are instances where a package CAN be destroyed.

That's actually quite interesting, so you might have packages that are more suscpetible to water damage so a longer route that crosses water might actually be more risky than a shorter route unless you have a perfect delivery. So you'd have to balance the extra dmg modifier against the time saved. Quite intricate that

Ivellios

Is it possible to change difficulty after the game has already started? I plan to play on hard but dont know if its frustrating in this game or not.

MiguelItUp

That's actually quite interesting, so you might have packages that are more suscpetible to water damage so a longer route that crosses water might actually be more risky than a shorter route unless you have a perfect delivery. So you'd have to balance the extra dmg modifier against the time saved. Quite intricate that
Exactly! That example revolving around water damage was one I heard about it. They mentioned how you could take a risk and walk through the stream to save your personal equipment. Or use your personal equipment to be extra safe. OR you could even take a longer round about path which could be longer, but safer in the long run.

All this while there could also be pieces of equipment left from other players making the experience even better for you.

Enjay

Banned
This user has been permanently removed from the thread. You have an incessant need to troll this game, in the OT of all places, even after a mod post.
Really pulling for this current-gen version of Atari E.T..

This post is the GAF equivalent of Atari's E.T.

Dump it in a landfill somewhere.
Filing this under things that sounded super clever in your head at least.

Shifty said:
Certainly smarter than your shitposts, scrub :messenger_savoring:

Now, off you go. The review thread is lovely this time of year, very warm.
Triggered virgin detected.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Some more gifs to get hyped.

Iike7rB.gif

jj0Vg9Y.gif

pEiGnXa.gif

WK20tEL.gif

This is the kind of thing I want from today’s technology, not just (very appreciated) beautiful visuals. Kojima Productions is using the superb level of animation and physics we have today, to actually do something totally different in gameplay.

Compare that to almost every other blockbuster game, wherein they play the same as roughly PS2 era games, just with an amazing presentation. Maybe you would get physics and animation sort of like this (I’d argue the bar has been raised here), but they would never factor into core gameplay.

I’m not sure how I’m going to respond to such a strange game, but DS reminds me of when games leveraged technology to do new and exciting things, and that gets me so hyped.

Shifty

They're either player-influenced somehow or Kojima is just that big of a mad lad.

Endgame imagery on in-world billboard ads because why not.

Really pulling for this current-gen version of Atari E.T..
This post is the GAF equivalent of Atari's E.T.

Dump it in a landfill somewhere.

Filing this under things that sounded super clever in your head at least.

Certainly smarter than your shitposts, scrub :messenger_savoring:

Now, off you go. The review thread is lovely this time of year, very warm.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
in-game spoilers is probably from the social media aspect. if someone posts a screen from the ending or tries to write certain phrases they hide it? really cool idea to me! hope it works, i'll use it for sure.

Last edited:

tfur

Disc or Digital?

I wanted to collectors edition for the Luden keychain and the baby in the bag thing, but they were all sold out.

I guess I will go digital...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

in-game spoilers is probably from the social media aspect. if someone posts a screen from the ending or tries to write certain phrases they hide it? really cool idea to me! hope it works, i'll use it for sure.

I was just going to say, it is probably similar to the messages in Soulsborne games with more elaboration built into it.

GeistUnit

A Special Thank You To GeistUnit GeistUnit Because If It Weren't For Him This Wouldn't Have Happened

Thanks for your support and guiding me through the process! Was awesome fun to work on! Now another 5 years before the next KJP title hits and we do this again! :messenger_sunglasses:

Amazing OT. Congrats Mista Mista and GeistUnit GeistUnit

Appreciate it! Hope this lives up to the hype!

Big ups, Mista Mista and GeistUnit GeistUnit . Smashing OT, and a nice professional opener :messenger_ok:

Its the Social Strand System in full effect!

@thelastword, this is why i wanted Mista Mista & GeistUnit GeistUnit to do the OP :)

Easily one of the greatest OTs I've ever seen on NeoGAF!

Arigatou!!!! :messenger_heart: :messenger_heart: :messenger_heart: :messenger_heart:

Anytime fam!

This is beautiful! I love seeing the work that folks put into the OTs, it's always awesome. Kudos across the board! I've been intrigued by the look of Death Stranding's world ever since we all saw it for the first time. I can't believe it's finally coming out. :messenger_loudly_crying:

I realize this is a huge quote post but I just wanted to say, Thanks for all the kind words - was the least I could do for my appreciation / hype of all things KJP!

Shifty

Does anyone know if PS Plus is required for the online functionality?

I won't lie, I'm tempted to impulse-buy the game on console, but I'd prefer to wait for PC if that means I'd have to shell out extra to get the full experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom