• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Review Thread

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Death stranding PS5 upgrade arrives with the Death Stranding Director's Cut which you can buy on PS5 or upgrade from PS4.
Here we take a walk in Kojima's shoes with his upgraded PS5 version that offers 4K, 60fps, 21:9 ratio and much more.
How much better is the upgrade over PS4 & Pro? Is Norman Reedus happy now? Has the postage gone up?
Some of these are answered inside.

Last edited:

Markio128

In a safe room, Sam awakes to find a figure standing behind the glass of the shower unit (you can only see the shape of the figure), then it all goes Jakob’s Ladder, with the figure’s head flicking from side to side, before the shower door opens and a black figure screaches towards Sam. Then Sam wakes up. Serious P.T. Vibes. I don’t recall seeing it before, but I could be wrong.
Does anybody ever recall the following scene being in the original release…

HotPocket69

Banned
Notice the date: 2019.

“First released November 2019”

WEXZ47W.jpg

Are you retarded?

Rob_27

Who the fu$k gives a game 100/100 they must be devoted knobs.

I like the game but no game should ever receive this score. No game is ever prefect.

Reactions: MrS

Starhowl

“First released November 2019”

WEXZ47W.jpg

Are you retarded?
I'm just not that dug in into Gamespot reviews. :pie_eyeroll:

I don't know, maybe others are - there are more important things in the world to read about than game reviews, don't you think so, too? :pie_fwt:

Anyway, just finished Gears of War 5 on "Inconceivable" on my Xbox Series X! 🍾

Only 0.07% managed to do that.. :ROFLMAO:

Does Death Stranding have a difficulty setting?

Last edited:
In a safe room, Sam awakes to find a figure standing behind the glass of the shower unit (you can only see the shape of the figure), then it all goes Jakob’s Ladder, with the figure’s head flicking from side to side, before the shower door opens and a black figure screaches towards Sam. Then Sam wakes up. Serious P.T. Vibes. I don’t recall seeing it before, but I could be wrong.
Yes!!! I had the exact same scene playing earlier today and I was like " yeah, totally P. T.

Just watched side by side PS5 & pc comparison. Water on pc is just the PS4 version.

PS5 definitely takes the gfx mantle in this game. 👍🏻
You still have IQ and perf. advantage on PC. You can choose 4K 120 or 8K 60 or Ultra wide 120. Water does looks a tad nicer on PS5 though + some new cool gadgets. I can se why someone would prefer PC version.

I'm just not that dug in into Gamespot reviews. :pie_eyeroll:

I don't know, maybe others are - there are more important things in the world to read about than game reviews, don't you think so, too? :pie_fwt:

Anyway, just finished Gears of War 5 on "Inconceivable" on my Xbox Series X! 🍾

Only 0.07% managed to do that.. :ROFLMAO:

Does Death Stranding have a difficulty setting?
It does have very high setting , but it's no challenge even for kids.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I thought the days of me having to ignore every one of these fucking threads were over.
Where's miyazakikojimahumancentipede or whatever the fuck his name is? Still banned? I miss the days where having him on my ignore list blocked all these threads.

Javthusiast

Banned
I thought the days of me having to ignore every one of these fucking threads were over.
Where's miyazakikojimahumancentipede or whatever the fuck his name is? Still banned? I miss the days where having him on my ignore list blocked all these threads.

He rests in piece together with the MGS ip at Konami HQ now.

Sad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yep I got that after a hour or two and the one from the trailer.
Also noticed the Monster Energy drinks are gone.

Upgraded for ultra wide. I think it’s the most beautiful game out currently.
I bought the PS4 game day one and thought it looked incredible. Bought the PC version day one, played it maxed out at 1440p/60 and my goodness, it really is a beautiful game. Really hoping the directors cut hits PC soon - I'm itching for another playthrough, one of my favorite games of last gen.

melekind

Neophyte
btw

A couple of things about the game getting ready for midnight I noticed - save export and import is painless but there is no point in working on restoring your infrastructure if that somehow works in tandem with other players (like your endgame zip line network most likely) - the game throws you to a different server, so all structures by other players will be replaced.
it's useful !thanks bro

Playing through this game on my PS5 and I must say it's extremely strange. I'm kind of lost as to what's going on in the game but hopefully it's clarified later on. I really like the Dual Sense features though and performance wise the game seems pretty great. Really can't tell the difference in IQ between the two modes so I'm sticking with performance.

JoeBudden

Playing through this game on my PS5 and I must say it's extremely strange. I'm kind of lost as to what's going on in the game but hopefully it's clarified later on. I really like the Dual Sense features though and performance wise the game seems pretty great. Really can't tell the difference in IQ between the two modes so I'm sticking with performance.

The story is pretty heavy in the last third of the game. You will most likely end up confused by the end of the game. It gets real MGS2/4 level of weird. I loved it tho, but I needed to watch YouTube videos breaking everything down.

The story is pretty heavy in the last third of the game. You will most likely end up confused by the end of the game. It gets real MGS2/4 level of weird. I loved it tho, but I needed to watch YouTube videos breaking everything down.

Definitely not surprised that it's like that due to it being a Kojima game. Im definitely expecting some crazy plot twists in this one.

JoeBudden

39,99€ PS5 RETAIL

shoud I?

If we consider Hideo Kojima to be the Kanye West of games, then Death Stranding is probably his 'Yeezus'. Meaning, this game is a very controversial and unique title that you will either love or hate. I would wait for a sale just to be on the safe side.

Topher

Gold Member
Just got passed the part where you fight the first big BT. Game is slow going at first, but now I'm starting to get into it more. Biggest complaint I have is the horrible UI. Just a convoluted mess. Sometimes I have no idea what I need to do or how to even escape out of the menu.

Top Bottom