• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Director's Cut rated by ESRB, presumably PS5 exclusive, potentially coming this year.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Oh man next gen walking and climbing. Can't fucking wait.

ice-t hater GIF

SoraNoKuni

Great stuff, the game was great and something different from the typical AAA games out there.
Great Directing, Story, Music, Aesthetics.

Gameplay wasn't for everyone but I really liked it, I will replay it for sure.

ethomaz

Banned
Many people didn't like Death Stranding because they were expecting it to be more similar to MGS, the games that made its director popular.

So maybe he made the Directot's Cut to more MGS-like, more similar to the previous games of the director. Even if using mostly existing features, who knows if added like a lot of VR missions-like infiltrations, cardboard boxes, sneaking into air vents, etc. So now stealth gameplay becomes more important and that's why they included into the ESRB description.
That is why I'm curious of what the differences are because if it is very substancial it should be worth of a new playthought.

MrS

Banned
To play this masterpiece in 4K 60fps with Dualsense support is enough justification of me to pay again, I normally hate double dipping but Death Stranding is one of those few special games that I would pay the price of admission for ten times over.
I'm right with you here. Along with Cuphead and TLOU2, DS provided one of my favourite experiences last gen. To play this on PS5 is worth paying full price again for me.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Depending on how much new content will be in it I will either hate this director's cut or love it.

Cause if it's substantial I can't play it, CAUSE NO PS5.

Kristen Wiig No GIF by The Lonely Island

SkylineRKR

I found this game actually really soothing. Just traverse landscapes on your own, and at the right moments, some suspense thrown in. Then I wasted too much time grinding materials for infrastructure. If they update the stealth gameplay thats pretty cool.

SJRB

Gold Member
I found this game actually really soothing. Just traverse landscapes on your own, and at the right moments, some suspense thrown in. Then I wasted too much time grinding materials for infrastructure. If they update the stealth gameplay thats pretty cool.

If they do a "peaceful" mode that completely removes the MULES and the BT's I am 1000% on board, for sure.

Top Bottom