• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Director's Cut rated by ESRB, presumably PS5 exclusive, potentially coming this year.

DonJorginho

Banned

Near enough confirmation that the game will drop this year and that it won't be Abandoned for some random 2022 release :messenger_winking:

200.gif

yurinka

Nice to see that the MGS references weren't just a joke and that the game will feature stealth related content and features. Can't wait! :)

Near enough confirmation that the game will drop this year and that it won't be Abandoned for some random 2022 release :messenger_winking:

200.gif
Maybe Abandoned is a P.T. like demo for Death Stranding Director's Cut

Last edited:
Just finished my first playthrough last week and there’s no chance in hell I’m paying again to complete the trophy list for a second time. The BC PS4 version on PS5 sports enough advantages that I’m not hungry to double dip.

Maybe I’ll tease myself into the idea of going back if it becomes a PS+ offering down the line, but the endgame grind and some of the mechanical frustrations are difficult to stomach when you already know the story beats.

WoodyStare

It’s a game I’m looking forward to playing a second time but I’m in no rush. I’ll pick it up in a few years when it’s cheaper. 4K 60FPS alone would be worth playing through this masterpiece again.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I still listen to the sound track on my phone but never finished the game.

ethomaz

Banned
Also an interesting tidbit that WASN'T IN THE ORIGINAL ESRB RATING:

metal gear solid GIF
I'm not sure about that quote because you already can do that in original.
Which is the difference?

Nice to see that the MGS references weren't just a joke and that the game will feature stealth related content and features. Can't wait! :)
What is the difference from what it is already in the game? You stealth like usual.
In fact most camp mission I did with stealth.

Last edited:
I was obsessed for about 2 weeks and haven't played it since. I wonder what will have happened to roads etc if I played it today what with the co-op element.

yurinka

What is the difference from what it is already in the game? You stealth like usual.
In fact most camp mission I did with stealth.
The difference is that they hinted it on the trailer and since ESRB highlights it, maybe now is more important, frequent, complex/deep or violent.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
To play this masterpiece in 4K 60fps with Dualsense support is enough justification of me to pay again, I normally hate double dipping but Death Stranding is one of those few special games that I would pay the price of admission for ten times over.
It is a great experience, the intro cinematica and music get you really in the mood for the game too (I have restarted it more than once to watch it again on the TV 😂).

ethomaz

Banned
People really about to pay a second time for this?
Well it was one of the very best games of the last generation... so yes.

But I confess that it needs to have a lot of new content to make me play again... I'm not used to play old games that I already played... I do like to play new gaming experiences.

Last edited:
Just finished my first playthrough last week and there’s no chance in hell I’m paying again to complete the trophy list for a second time. The BC PS4 version on PS5 sports enough advantages that I’m not hungry to double dip.

Maybe I’ll tease myself into the idea of going back if it becomes a PS+ offering down the line, but the endgame grind and some of the mechanical frustrations are difficult to stomach when you already know the story beats.
Comments like this. This directors cut has to be a reworking for me to touch the game. Sony published games tend to respect my time. This game sounds like Ubisoft level of time disrespect.

ethomaz

Banned

There is a lot of ways... bare hands you will just suffocate the enemy with a neck brace but you can use several items like belts, ropes, bars, wipe, etc to strangle them.
It is very easy... you just need to reach the body from behind without being noticed and the icon will show.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Looking forward to getting back into this on Ps5. Got bored on my initial playthrough after about 10 hours, but happy to give it another shot with the improvements that will come with the upgrade.

yurinka

Yes... it is part of the DS gameplay.
I used it a lot to invade camps and put everybody down without any get alarmed.
Many people didn't like Death Stranding because they were expecting it to be more similar to MGS, the games that made its director popular.

So maybe he made the Directot's Cut to more MGS-like, more similar to the previous games of the director. Even if using mostly existing features, who knows if added like a lot of VR missions-like infiltrations, cardboard boxes, sneaking into air vents, etc. So now stealth gameplay becomes more important and that's why they included into the ESRB description.

Top Bottom