• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Confirmed For Steam Release

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
cool. will be able to get a super cheap code for it.

£5 is my limit for this. don't care if it takes a few years to hit that price or if it doesn't. if i never play it then i won't care much. it's only Kojima. £5 is what i think his work is worth.

Lol. Try reading The OP maybe? It was there from the start.

Steam was the surprise. We all knew Epic was gonna happen anyways.
it's a surprise now that a game releases on Steam. OK then. hahahahahaha

Last edited:

£5 is my limit for this. don't care if it takes a few years to hit that price or if it doesn't. if i never play it then i won't care much. it's only Kojima. £5 is what i think his work is worth.

Considering 505 has been on Epic a lot. I think most everyone was preparing themselves for a Epic exclusive.

Codes 208

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Death Stranding, RDR2 in one month + EA Games

This has been a sad month for Epic
Well i mean DS is also coming to epic and they just launched fortnite chapter 2 to crowds of hungry children a couple weeks ago. If they were really sad they would probably be sulking in their scrooge mcduck-esque money bank rn.

Birdo

Banned
The PC Gamer Cycle:

Before Launch: FUCK YEAH, we get a port of this popular console game! Fuck consoles, I just need my PC. MASTER RACE.

After Launch: This port sucks! Nothing works! It keeps crashing! Go into CONIFG file! Jim Sterling, help us! Fuck ports!

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic

There's a good chance there aren't gonna be any Steam keys for the game. Such is the case for a lotta multi-client PC games. Try to get a Steam key for Rage 2, for example.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Tempted to buy this on PS4 just to get it over with. The game looks...ok...but I wasn't impressed with what I saw on stream yesterday.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Tempted to buy this on PS4 just to get it over with. The game looks...ok...but I wasn't impressed with what I saw on stream yesterday.

Stop by the OT and read some impressions. The traversal is a key element that you have to experience while playing from what I am reading. Few more hours I will be home to try it out.

Shifty

You just know Tim was
b e g g i n g
Kojima for an exclusive.

Kinda like the inverse of an indie dev trying to sim-ship on EGS, if you think about it 🧠

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You just know Tim was
b e g g i n g
Kojima for an exclusive.

Kinda like the inverse of an indie dev trying to sim-ship on EGS, if you think about it 🧠

Kojima be like...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fbh

Say what you want about the guy but he definitely has some pull in the industry.

"OK Sony I'll make an exclusive for you but I want it on PC later"....OK
"Ok 505 You can publish my game on PC but nothing of this Epic Games store exclusivity thingy".....Ok.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Surimasen, Sweeney-san, but Kojima Productions isn't set up to do exclusives at this time :messenger_relieved:

What's that from btw? I love the image of a monkey in the war room :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dr Strangelove.

Which also inspired the best mod combined with Low G in UT99 for the redeemers!

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Good .
Side note I literally just seen the first commercial of the game on TV and while it looks amazing you still dont get any idea what it’s about.

Ohhhhh fuck yeah. Not that it makes a huge difference, but I thought this was an Epic exclusive full stop. Being available on both platforms is a super smart decision.

I mean, I know he wants to make movies for a bit, but all of this...kind of smart decision making, balancing artistry with shrewd business logic, is really making me pumped to see what Kojima has to offer once he returns to the seat of directing a game.

Fuck. It's crazy to think that this may be the BEGINNING of Kojima's legacy. It could also be the end but I like what I see so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom