• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death of Rose - Exclusive Reveal Trailer (Silent Hill/Firewatch Inspired Game)

Arachnid

God, I hope this game delivers. Also, I really hope this isn't a walking simulator. There needs to be some kind of combat or enemy interaction.

reptilex

Banned
"Silent Hills/Firewatch inspired" are these threads generated by a bot with zero culture or correlation capabilities. This has everything to do with Until Dawn and nothing with Silent Hills or...Firewatch (wtf).

Arachnid

I'd gladly trade combat and action for great, interesting, challenging puzzles and enigmas :D
Personally, I need both. There has to be some proper enemy interaction to put the 'survival' in 'survival horror'. If I just wanted a puzzle game, I'd buy a puzzle game.

Though I do admit, I liked what I saw concerning the puzzles in the game and how they're integrating them into the world. That's a good first step to build off of.

Personally, I need both. There has to be some proper enemy interaction to put the 'survival' in 'survival horror'. If I just wanted a puzzle game, I'd buy a puzzle game.

Though I do admit, I liked what I saw concerning the puzzles in the game and how they're integrating them into the world. That's a good first step to build off of.
I totally understand, I love it too, and I said that for one specific reason. I'd say also that I feel that puzzle games and horror games with enigmas and exploration are way different things, anyway, but that's not the point, actually.
If we can have both, it would be great, but I won't put my finger on it, honestly. If the Bloober Team experience is a clue, I wouldn't bet on the action part. And if those animations are the expected quality in the final game I would me even more skeptical about the presence of action and combat (like at all). Also, the steam page on the OP says "first chapter", anther thing that makes me expect a narrative driven type of game.

To be honest, I don't completely trust little developers in handling full interactive combat mechanics. They are more challenging and hard to get right, and more expensive. Exploration, narrative based games are way more easy and faster to make and to look very good.

Top Bottom