• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Nintendo, we have to talk…

Kataploom

Gold Member
SNES had backwards compatability just same way as GameCube did. You could play gb games on SNES with the super gameboy in the same way you could play gb/gba on GameCube with gameboy player. So that leaves at the moment only n64 and switch.

Shocking how so few on here seem to know fuck all about Nintendo as like your list shows most of Nintendo’s consoles have bc in some form weither built in or in the form of some additional hardware add on like SNES/GC.
I wouldn't count those on my response since you had to buy an add-on, but I wouldn't rule it out completely if talking about Nintendo commitment BC exclusively. The point is proven anyway 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Goddamn you're right, I counted GC and I shouldn't, let's make an edit to the post

Last edited:

Impotaku

I wouldn't count those on my response since you had to buy an add-on, but I wouldn't rule it out completely if talking about Nintendo commitment BC exclusively. The point is proven anyway 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Goddamn you're right, I counted GC and I shouldn't, let's make an edit to the post
Yeah it’s not true bc as it’s not built in like others they are stand alone add ons but the capability is there for people that wanted it. In fact was a gameboy player for n64 but it was 3rd party and had abysmal emulation.

Most of the times Nintendo didn’t include bc was when the media jumped format. From cart based console to disk based & vice versa. While it would be nice for the next switch successor to play switch carts I’m not pinning my hopes on anything hell they might go back to disks again you never know with Nintendo but I’ll be keeping everything.

Last edited:

Phase

SNES had backwards compatability just same way as GameCube did. You could play gb games on SNES with the super gameboy in the same way you could play gb/gba on GameCube with gameboy player. So that leaves at the moment only n64 and switch.

Shocking how so few on here seem to know fuck all about Nintendo as like your list shows most of Nintendo’s consoles have bc in some form weither built in or in the form of some additional hardware add on like SNES/GC.
Honestly, I'm on of those people. Last nintendo product I purchased was a gamecube. I'm sure a lot of people here fall into that category. I just don't remember anything about their bc as I stopped caring when they stopped caring to push the tech further.

Top Bottom