• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool & Wolverine | Trailer

Stitch

Gold Member
nah it's better and people at test screenings are morons
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

FunkMiller

The movie introduces the Anchor concept from Hickman’s Secret Wars. Instead of each universe having a piece of Molecule
Man as an Anchor, there’s a character in each universe that’s the Anchor to the universe and if they die the universe starts to unravel and is destroyed.

And they thought this was a good idea for a Deadpool movie?

Got a horrible feeling this film will be 10% puns, 10% gore, and 80% bland world building for the next MCU phase.

Ristifer

Something feels off, everything looks like it's a movie set, which of course it is, but it shouldn't look like a movie set should it?

I'm in just for the Daniel Radcliffe and Taylor Swift cameo.
That's what bothered me about it as well. Extremely artificial looking.

Which is when they were doing a lot of the filming, which is what the article was talking about.

I think there was an article around then, that mentioned how the puns and one liners are easier to do, as they are added later, after filming the scene with the mask on (I think it was about the digital work they do for it)

I’ll be honest. For the first Marvel movie since endgame/no way home I am stoked to go see, based on the trailer. I genuinely think they are hinting at something special. Or at least some of the old magic coming back (if only for this movie) 🤞

I also heard the lead from the kingsmen movies might also be a wolverine variant !!!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
They shut down filming during the strike. They couldn’t film anything because the actors were on strike too.

Wrong strike. That's was the screen actor's guild strike. The Writers guild strike was earlier and they were still in production.
Specifically:
When the WGA approved a strike order in May, television programs like NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” and late-night talk shows were the first to cease operations. “Deadpool 3” had managed to navigate the writers strike, continuing production through recent weeks. The sudden suspension of filming foreshadows the industry-wide stasis that’s now in store with screen actors on the picket lines.
Which is what the earlier articles were about and the whole improv thing.

Soodanim

Looks like good dumb fun. I will watch at some point, and I'll happily pay the entry fee if I go to the cinema.

I'm actually surprised that Deadpool has some serious lines, they stand out among the rest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom