• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise |OT| York and Zach Are Back!

Andyliini

I received a few quest to exterminate killer bees. I though they would be normal enemies like squirrels and stray dogs, but I haven't found any. Does anyone know where can I find killer bees?

I received a few quest to exterminate killer bees. I though they would be normal enemies like squirrels and stray dogs, but I haven't found any. Does anyone know where can I find killer bees?
There's 4 bee hives in the park next to the church that you can farm pretty easily. Walk up to a bee hive, shoot the bees, shoot the hive, proceed to the next hive and repeat, and once you get back to the first hive, it should have respawned so you can repeat the cycle again

Last edited:

Booted it up to see if they fixed the framerate in town: NOPE

Also, they seem to have lowered the top speed for the skateboard (even with Top Speed +10 Incense)... so I guess that is their roundabout way to "improve" the framerate.

Edit: After playing for a little bit more, I think I may have spoken too soon. Top Speed+10 was a bit faster than the cars driving around, and it seems that hasn't changed. I guess I've been playing too much Ghost of Tsushima and that threw off my sense of speed.
As such, I do think the framerate was slightly improved because it used to be literal single digits at top speed, and now it seems to be hovering in the teens. Again, GoT's stable framerate must have thrown me off lol

Last edited:

Andyliini

Aaaand beaten. It took me a bit longer than the first game did, maybe 40-50 hours or something. Can't tell for sure, since the internal clock keeps counting even if the game and system are in sleep mode.

Anyway, I still liked it, even with all of it's problems. It was clearly made with knowledge that it would not sell much, and it shows. The story is as great as ever and I really liked how voice actors could breath life into those wooden character models. I especially enjoyed voice work for Patricia Woods, voice provided by Cassandra Morris. I thought her voice sounded familiar, she also played Lin in Xenoblade Chronicles X and Edea Lee in Bravely Default.

Hopefully Swery will one day visit this world again, I wouldn't mind at all.

DangerStepp

I finished this a couple of weeks ago and wasn't floored.

It has some familiar charms of the first game but overall it feels hollow and there's nothing really fulfilling about it. Either way I'm glad to see Zach and York again.

Top Bottom