• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise launches July 10

Mista

Banned

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise will launch both physically and digitally for Switch on July 10 for $49.99, publisher Rising Star Games and developer Toybox Games announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Rising Star Games:
About

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise is a sequel to Deadly Premonition that takes place in present-day Boston. Through unique storytelling, venture back in time to Le Carré and uncover the mysteries buried within the once peaceful town. Serving as both a sequel and prequel to the original Deadly Premonition, follow Agents Davis and Jones as they begin a new investigation into the Le Carré serial murders. Through the memories of a former FBI agent, go back in time to Le Carré and step into the role of Special Agent York to begin unraveling the mystery.

Key Features

• Return as FBI Special Agent York and experience a brand-new murder mystery!
  • Both a prequel and a sequel: A historic investigation to uncover the murder mystery in Le Carré.
  • An open-ended adventure: Travel around the town of Le Carré by foot or skateboard.
  • Mini-games: Bowling, Bayou Ride, Skateboard Challenge, and more.
  • Customization: Customize your character and upgrade your skateboard for improved speed and landing more difficult tricks.
Gematsu

ranmafan

Fantastic news! Great to hear its coming so soon. Cant wait for it! That trailer just oozes awesomeness!

Naibel

Whoa that's earlier than I thought ! I wasn't prepared for that :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Well, guess I need to finish the first game ASAP.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Was the Switch version of the original game that bad? It sounded like it was the worst version of the game. I've owned it on 360 and PC and I haven't noticed any remarkable differences between the two. That's wonderful to hear its coming out relatively soon.

Mr Hyde

Switch is the gift that keeps on giving. Who would've thought that Deadly Premonition would get a sequel. This is gonna be so fucking good.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I didn't think BotW was as great as it was hyped to be, but I enjoyed it. BotW 2 is coming soon and now Deadly Premonition 2 is coming to Switch.

If Nintendo can get a couple more games I'd be interested in I might just need to get a Switch. I've been wanting one forever because it's just cool as hell but they don't have the type of games I like. This announcement might have me keeping an eye for a super deal on a Switch. A few more games that appeal to me will have me buying one.

Was the Switch version of the original game that bad? It sounded like it was the worst version of the game. I've owned it on 360 and PC and I haven't noticed any remarkable differences between the two. That's wonderful to hear its coming out relatively soon.

Beaten it on the 360, PS3, and Switch. 360 is definitely the worst version. The PS3 and Switch versions are both improved and pretty comparable with minor differences.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I doubt the sequel will be as good as the first one. Specially since its coming out first on switch.

Deadly Premonition was an ugly game with horrible performance when it initially released on the X360. It's also not great as far as game play mechanics go. It would be hard to be worse than original in those regards. Performances, charm and atmosphere? In Swery we trust.

Hostile_18

Banned
Deadly Premoniton was probably my favorite game of last gen. It's hard to tell if they will capture that magic twice (without Twin Peaks to draw from) but the trailer did look promising.

So its either get a Switch just for this and Smash or wait it out till July 2021 for the PS5 version!

Banned
I doubt the sequel will be as good as the first one. Specially since its coming out first on switch.

the first game was absolutely awful in basically every regard.
why do people love it? because of its charm, that's all. it was a quirky Twin Peaks loveletter made with a super low budget and with many development issues (it was even closer to Twin Peaks at first and was supposed to release on PSP, but a fear of lawsuits made them change a lot and pushed it back, eventually changing target platforms to PS3 and 360)

how the hell does it being on Switch in any way affect how well it will be received by fans? The original didn't even come close to using the full graphical potential of the 360 and the PS3... it barely looked better than a game of its original target platform, the PSP.
The Switch is more powerful than last gen systems AND it uses more modern and more easy to develop for hardware.
which means, even if they only use 50% of the potential graphics capabilities of the Switch it will already run and look 4x as good as the first game did on 360/PS3

people don't like this game for anything else but its weirdness, characters and vibes... none of which are affected by it being on Switch.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Deadly Premonition 1 is a timeless masterpiece.
The game can be goofy as all hell but it has some REALLY powerful scenes as well. Such an insane mixture.
Got high hopes for the sequel.
I see this is only a timed exclusive - I didnt know that...

Keihart

• Both a prequel and a sequel: A historic investigation to uncover the murder mystery in Le Carré.
  • An open-ended adventure: Travel around the town of Le Carré by foot or skateboard.
  • Customization: Customize your character and upgrade your skateboard for improved speed and landing more difficult tricks.
Excuse me?!

Edit: Btw , i hope it looks shittier and cheesier than ever before.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Excuse me?!

Edit: Btw , i hope it looks shittier and cheesier than ever before.

Grind lots to level up... your skateboarding skills ;)

Top Bottom